Mo’Nique wants you to boycott Netflix

Reading this in her voice makes this funny. :lol:

DUTcJrXVAAEnnRf

We know the wack black ones because they used to be somebody for us, them white cats we don't know AT ALL. I slide/swipe past many white comedians that I don't know on Netflix the same way I would over a Monique special. Only difference is I know at some point Mo was somebody, them other cats I've never seen or heard of em

Thank you for proving my point

Let me first say I dont care what you watch or dont watch on netflix

I'm talking Bout the jokes in the vein of "random black comedian" ain't popular enough to be on netflix

When there are plenty of corny white comedians that no one has any jokes for or about what white comedian couldn't make netflix

But since you "dont know them" its cool to clown other black ppl in relation to monique?

And at the same time i bet y'all could find a way to justify just about any white washed up celeb to get some m's from netflix

That doesn't add up tho. Corny white comedians are probably on the same vein as the random black comedians and we don't know how much they were paid.

You're talking to a black dude about white comedians like it's common that I would know about then. Common sense is that white folks would know more about white comedians and vice versa.

It's cool to clown anybody. Folks cloned Denzel, one of the best actors black and white, quickly when he was seen in that tracksuit looking like a broke uncle.

Step off that soapbox and wash ya face as they say

We know the wack black ones because they used to be somebody for us, them white cats we don't know AT ALL. I slide/swipe past many white comedians that I don't know on Netflix the same way I would over a Monique special. Only difference is I know at some point Mo was somebody, them other cats I've never seen or heard of em
Agreed 100%

@Bend_The_Knee

That doesn't add up tho. Corny white comedians are probably on the same vein as the random black comedians and we don't know how much they were paid.

You're talking to a black dude about white comedians like it's common that I would know about then. Common sense is that white folks would know more about white comedians and vice versa.

It's cool to clown anybody. Folks cloned Denzel, one of the best actors black and white, quickly when he was seen in that tracksuit looking like a broke uncle.

Step off that soapbox and wash ya face as they say

You're not making the distinction between black comedians "you used to know" that aren't corny but for whatever reason simply not in the spotlight but have proved their comedic talent

As compared to the white comedians who get specials just because and are actually corny

Its the half the effort twice the acclaim

Like Monique bringing this up shouldn't instinctively make you as a black man look to clown Monique or other black comics by extension

It should make you question the multimillion dollar company and their representation issues

I seen a netflix special w some girl who was on madtv waaaay after it fell off and she made jokes about does netflix "know who the hell she is to give her these millions"

Like its so blatant if they only gotta give Monique 500k they aint gon be tryna give no black comedians the bag

Its like when u hear Ppl say "well we had a black president"

It sets a precedent so when its tiffany haddish turn they gon lowball her too

I've seen people ride harder for Netflix than they have for anyone in a long time. Netflix has Kaepernick levels of support in the black community.

so thinking monique's a fool = riding for netflix?

lol....

good lord.... you one of them "woke" types huh?

It sets a precedent so when its tiffany haddish turn they gon lowball her too

If they lowball Tiffany Haddish after the year she just had, year there's a problem. Mo is focused so much on what she did A DECADE AGO, but what has she done recently that sold well? Almost Christmas did well but after 7+ years of basically nothing, you do a movie that just did "well" you are not gonna get "most decorated comedian of all time" money.

I've seen people ride harder for Netflix than they have for anyone in a long time. Netflix has Kaepernick levels of support in the black community.

We should boycott because Moniques bag wasn't big enough?

What has Monique done for the black community and spoken up for otherwise? She's on the front lines of what?

Are we supposed to picket for DeMarcus Cousins contract negotiations next?

but my thing is how many white comedians will get that "resume money"?

again im not caping for monique but imo she raises a bigger question of representation for netflix

again im not caping for monique but imo she raises a bigger question of representation for netflix

What representation?

You either take the money or don't take it. That's what negotiations are. Netflix doesn't owe her anything. She went to them, probably because she heard about Chappelle's money.

are you kidding? schumer most definitely is, as much as i hate to admit cause of how trash she is

Ain't no way Netflix broke even on $15M for an Amy Schumer stand up. Even if a million people signed up w Netflix just to watch it (which I doubt) thats still a 5 million dollar L.

If someone gave it to her, she technically IS worth it

People pay stupid prices all the time, that doesn't mean something is worth that stupid price. People were paying $600 for those red Chicago 23s with the gum bottom, are they worth that?

What representation?

You either take the money or don't take it. That's what negotiations are. Netflix doesn't owe her anything. She went to them, probably because she heard about Chappelle's money.

thats what i mean

moniques money, chappelles money

it just makes me question how netflix treats its black talent in general

not that monique necessarily deserves more or less

We don't know because the folks who have complained about their bag has been Amy and Mo'Nique.
How many people can not work in their field and still get their prime career money? Athletes miss a few years and they not getting a bag. Mo is not the one to make this stand on.

thats what i mean

moniques money, chappelles money

it just makes me question how netflix treats its black talent in general

not that monique necessarily deserves more or less

Who else is complaining?

She's not THEIR talent. She went to them, asking to work for them. They gave her an offer. It's no different than anyone else looking for a job. Because they don't offer you enough or what you think you're worth, it's discrimination? That devalues actual discrimination.

Who is longing to see Monique do stand up? Surely, I'm not. What size are the venues she's doing now? Arenas or clubs?

Back
Top Bottom