Mo’Nique wants you to boycott Netflix

This is her husband. Suddenly things make more sense.

They hurting. That's why she's trying to cash out.

Well, Netflix thought she was worth it. None of our opinions of what she is worth matters.
That was after she complained publicly so they would up the price.

Unfortunately getting paid in show business isn't strictly about your worth. Its politics, who you know, reputation, and optics.

She knew what she was doing.

I wouldn't watch Monique for free, that's the reason they didn't offer her Chris and Dave money. I'm sure there's a bunch of other people like me.

Yo that’s grimey on Oprah’s part. I always had a feeling Oprah moved with her nose in the air though.

I met Oprah last summer 2 of her adopted daughters graduated Agnes Scott with my lil sister and last time I checked shes a real one and she does RNS.
Your common sideline goofie will never see eye to eye on how she gotta move...thats why they aren’t in power to make her type of moves.
This Oprah hate is crazy...man yall sick

Monique can barely take care of herself and keep a happy home...yet people wanna talk down on Oprah who been doing selfless power moves for 3 decades now...
People lost....

ED6F60B1-4C29-4449-9B00-BBE551CA94A6.gif

i can seriously give a eff bout Amy, but i really resent people who for them to ascend gotta drag da next person's hustle and trash em...fam what i eat dont make you ish...keep my name out your mouth.

people who u work with who do that infuriate me.

Put it this way

Is anyone who doesn’t have Netflix gonna sign up and pay because they wanna see her ****? No

Do people do that for Dave Chappelle? Whoever else, most likely. They bring in new subscribers who probably didn’t have Netflix and said oh ****, I wanna watch his specials let me join

Greedy *** people, doubt any of her past jobs ever came close to paying her $500k at once

Especially since she’s not a star and you don’t see her in anything anymore. That 500k isn’t a bad offer.

Thats what im saying, nobody is checking for monique in this day and age

She should take that 500k and go sit down somewhere,

I was listening to jo koy on the bobby lee podcast and he said he was basically begging netflix to give him a special. They didn’t have any spots open so he decided he would pay for a camera crew out of his own pocket and film one of his sold out shows. I think he showed it to netflix and a spot opened up and they put it up. I dunno if he got 500k like monique was offered but he knows you have to make your own opportunities and keep grinding.

Just watched The Breakfast Club talk about this situation again this morning.
According to C Tha God, Monique already has a comedy show on Netflix. Seems like most people didn't know anything about it. That might be the reason why they didn't offer her that much money. What makes her think people will support this particular project if they didn't care or know about the last one.

He also said he spoke to the top guy at Netflix and that person said that Wanda Sykes could get a couple Ms from them if she would have approached them today.

He also said he spoke to the top guy at Netflix and that person said that Wanda Sykes could get a couple Ms from them if she would have approached them today.

I bet there was some sort of success with her Epix special that helped drive her number up

I bet there was some sort of success with her Epix special that helped drive her number up
From the C Tha God video he basically said there was a different dude running the show back when they offered her a low ball number. The guy that's currently running things told him that he would offer her a couple Ms. Don't know if the Epix deal was factored in.

well ofcourse its all about popularity

you think people are running to subscribe to netflix because of a new sommore comedy special???

The way yall are dogging these black comics almost warrants a new topic

Y'all know every black comedian that no ones check in for

How many wack white comedians are on netflix? Are yall clowning them with as much enthusiasm?

How many wack white comedians are on netflix? Are yall clowning them with as much enthusiasm?

We know the wack black ones because they used to be somebody for us, them white cats we don't know AT ALL. I slide/swipe past many white comedians that I don't know on Netflix the same way I would over a Monique special. Only difference is I know at some point Mo was somebody, them other cats I've never seen or heard of em

Back
Top Bottom