Mo’Nique wants you to boycott Netflix

Worth = level at which someone deserves to be valued.

Y'all acting like there is no such thing as overpaying or underpaying
Who detemines what someone "DESERVES."

The consumer

If A consumer decides to spend x amount for y product, then that is what it is worth.

It doesn't matter what others feel the true value is.

WORTH isn't an absolute concept.

true we dont know

im purely speculating

it just seems like one of things where in this case its "what have you done for me lately"

but it seems so easy to see some "other" comedian getting a bag based off "resume"

Who detemines what someone "DESERVES."

The consumer

If A consumer decides to spend x amount for y product, then that is what it is worth.

It doesn't matter what others feel the true value is.

WORTH isn't an absolute concept.
Netflix is not a consumer boy

SO how can you overpay for something if the worth is what you paid?
Again, the concept of overpaying is usually determined by outsiders. Not the perso spending the money.

If you spend x amount on something, you felt it was worth it.

Really simple concept

Again, the concept of overpaying is usually determined by outsiders. Not the perso spending the money.

If you spend x amount on something, you felt it was worth it.

Really simple concept
lol at starting with again yet addressing something for the first time. An Amy Schumer stand up aint worth no dam $15M and yall know it.

The concept of WORTH is not absolute.

Here is the definition.

Notice the use of the word SOMEONE

the value equivalent to that of someone or something under consideration; the level at which someone or something deserves to be valued or rated.

true indeed im jus not going to knock down ppl in relation to messenger

like its one thing to say monique buggin no problem with that

but i dont like the "should _____ think they can get $__" jokes

like dont throw out the baby w the bathwater

im not trying to count ppls money its more like i wanna see everybody eats

It is all about what you are able to negotiate.

Unfortunately, for some (due race/gender), it takes a lot of convincing to negotiate what you feel you are worth.

But to demand folks boycott the ENTIRE Netflix she is trippin man

Why are we ignoring that her husband managers her ? If she was repped by a bigger agency I'm quite sure the offer would've been larger even if she's irrelevant. Can't imagine her husband of all people are being realistic about the trajectory of her career and actually why she's blackballed.

Why are we ignoring that her husband managers her ? If she was repped by a bigger agency I'm quite sure the offer would've been larger even if she's irrelevant. Can't imagine her husband of all people are being realistic about the trajectory of her career and actually why she's blackballed.

I'm wondering why she thinks an Oscar plays a part in her doing stand up. Besides being totally unrelated, it's what have you done lately.

She seems like a pain in the *** to work with. That probably has a lot to do with her career going down.

This is also a good point that I haven't seen mentioned much. Makes sense

Ain't no way Netflix broke even on $15M for an Amy Schumer stand up. Even if a million people signed up w Netflix just to watch it (which I doubt) thats still a 5 million dollar L.

I'm sure Netflix is just fine.

Considering they still make money from their 120 million subscribers.

People don't sign up for Netflix because there's one show they want to watch.

If Chastain and Spencer have equal screen time and display equal acting prowess in their respective roles, then it's borderline criminal for the latter to earn less than the former.

well i think that plays into what kind of roles are being written and what are they trying to promote?

i had to look up who octavia spencer was lol

thats the example of somebody who has been on her grind 21 years taking even the smallest roles given until finally catching that big break the help, the shape of water, hidden figures all great roles

Back
Top Bottom