Moderator/Admin Appreciation Post

Haven't we all learned from watching what happened to Gizmo that when you try and argue your point to mods/admins that you just can't win.

Next time a Black man says "Aight Master. Fair Enough Boss." think about it for a second....
... ah...so I'm supposed to read between the lines b/c you're a black man. riiiiiight. sure chief.

And I don't have an issue with you telling me the rules, nor following them. I had an issue with the way you chose to tell me.
sorry...but being all polite isn't my thing when I'm telling you rules you should alreadyknow... you know why? I'm a G.D.I.!!!!

No, you're supposed to read between the lines because you're intelligent. Next time I won't assume. And don't EVER apologize for beingyourself. That's real. If being Dirty means being rude for the sake of it, that's fine by me, it really is. But like I said, I don't $@#% withrent-a-cops. And he just proved why. Even cops tell you why you're under arrest........

The prosecution rests.

Originally Posted by Free The Chief

No, you're supposed to read between the lines because you're intelligent. Next time I won't assume. And don't EVER apologize for being yourself. That's real. If being Dirty means being rude for the sake of it, that's fine by me, it really is. But like I said, I don't $@#% with rent-a-cops. And he just proved why. Even cops tell you why you're under arrest........

The prosecution rests.

PREACH!!

I was not read my rights being banned
laugh.gif

19 pimpin...with more sense than change for a dollar. Only a fool shuns good advice based on the age of the advisor. Oh yeah...Call me Rilla, not Chief. nodiscussion.

-Rilla

FTC you're coming off as a pompous@@@*, arguing for no reason. End of story.
smile.gif

And your rights are read to you when you make an account so why repeat them if you get banned? It's called the ROC
laugh.gif

1. your SN is Free The Chief...I truncate for my convenience.
2. I'm not going to remember to call you Rilla if I need to address you

call me Dirtywhatever.... I don't care....so long as it's not insulting or violating the ROC... last I checked..."chief" was not an insultingword.

Originally Posted by Kid Mega Man

come to think of it ive never gotten a warning or my rights read to me when i was banned.

our rules don't state you get warnings. warnings are a courtesy to you.

bans can be given to 1st time violators based on the severity of their offence.

Originally Posted by West2East

FTC you're coming off as a pompous@@@*, arguing for no reason. End of story.
smile.gif

And your rights are read to you when you make an account so why repeat them if you get banned? It's called the ROC
laugh.gif

Dang we got another new mod?

being a mod automatically qualifies you to be unliked like this is high school and the mods are principals. it comes with the job.
and only the hall monitors and snitches are really cool with principals in high school so thats why we silence this guys appreciation thread.
you have to look at it from our point of view.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by Kid Mega Man

come to think of it ive never gotten a warning or my rights read to me when i was banned.

our rules don't state you get warnings. warnings are a courtesy to you.

bans can be given to 1st time violators based on the severity of their offence.

The 1st time you banned me was in a PYP where the guy I made fun of, thou.ght my joke was hilarious. You got offended by something that was said to someoneelse and they weren't even upset... I mean we know your power hungry and gotta feel special but dang dirty c'mon..

please don't ban me

Free the Chief- I'm not going to go through your replies on the previous page and post the parts that suggest what I'm about to say, but here goes:

First of all, it sounds to me like your beef is MORE with the way people treat the mods and LESS with the mods. Why do I say that? Like I said, I'm notgoing to go through and pull quotes out of your replies, but you mentioned things like "People say things to you guys like 'With all due respect',when I think the only respect you guys are due is for me to follow the rules." And you said something else like, "I demand equal respect." Thosetwo together suggest to me that you have more of a problem with the way we're treated by a select few, not with us. Like you want people to stop addressingus like that. The thing is, how the heck are we supposed to stop it?

And the reason I say 'select few' is because... and you're just going to have to trust me on this, because you've never been a moderator onthis board... there are VERY few people that would approach me like, "Ummm... excuse me ska, but with all due respect, I really don't think the Lakersare that good. Sir."
laugh.gif
Yeah right. Or, "Ska, with all due respect, Idon't think you should be a moderator. Your highness."
roll.gif
The sentiment of someof your words lead me to believe that you think that's how people come at us, and that people like you (people that don't want to approach us likethat) are in the minority.

Incorrect.

Times a million.

People like yourself, people that don't give a hot crap how they talk to us... people like that are LARGELY the majority. And people that respond with'With all due respect' are very few. And very far between. I've had people tell me they don't think I should be a mod. You think they were niceabout? Heck, NobleKane, speak up, dude; were you nice about it last month? I doubt he even knows of this thread, soI'll answer for him; hell no he wasn't nice about it.
laugh.gif

NOW... NOBODY better quote me and suggest that I'm saying MORE people need to be like, "With all due respect." I wasn't implying that,inferring that, implicitly suggesting that, or providing subtle hints for people to be like that. Matter of fact, I hate when people come at me like that."Sir, ska, sir... with all due respect, sir..." Man, bump that. I'm no damn figurehead. Talk to me the same as you would whywesteppin or ultrasur, man. But that's the thing: people DON'T talk tous like they talk to regular NTers like whywesteppin or ultrasur. Sure,SOME come at us like 'With all due respect', but the VERY LARGE MAJORITY come at us like, "Man, you think you're all bad. I don't give acrap about you and your power. You ain't got no powers, son! You're wack. You're just some lame moderating a message board. Go ahead and ban me,and prove my point. Damn rent-a-cop.
laugh.gif
"

ohwell.gif

Now, onto my second observation: you said that you don't want to told what to do by some teenyboppers with a Nike closet. Like kdwallace said, you've got the wrong message board in mind. Trust me, there are no teenagers moderating THIS board.There's no one even close to teenage. I might be saying a little too much here, but when we discuss potential staff members, age is definitely something weconsider. If nikehead23 (just made that name up) is brought up in staff discussion as a potential moderator by me, then dirty brings up the fact that he's16, the discussion is over. Like I said, that's not really any of your business (no disrespect to you, but you know what I mean), but I want you tounderstand that moderating this board is not some after school program we do for ______ and giggles. All of us mods/admins enjoy this board and want it to runsmoothly, so we've all accepted the offer to go ahead and be part of the staff that helps the board run smoothly. We're doing this in between recessbreaks, bro. We're all adults, with jobs or college schedules or kids... or all of the above.

P.S. The heck is a G.D.I.?!
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

1. your SN is Free The Chief...I truncate for my convenience.
2. I'm not going to remember to call you Rilla if I need to address you

call me Dirtywhatever.... I don't care....so long as it's not insulting or violating the ROC... last I checked..."chief" was not an insulting word.
Come on man
laugh.gif
Don't bull **@! me Dirty... if you can remember all my past "flippancy" (is that even a word?
laugh.gif
)

I know my avy looks familiar as well....oh snaps! Look at the little cursive white letters... Please, I insist, call me
53kg090.gif
18715b46aa7dec5a20d404d50af78b244d59e20.gif

Originally Posted by Buddha JAPE

being a mod automatically qualifies you to be unliked like this is high school and the mods are principals. it comes with the job.
and only the hall monitors and snitches are really cool with principals in high school so thats why we silence this guys appreciation thread.
you have to look at it from our point of view.

to me the mods are the security guards. some youre cool with and others youre not because they take their job too seriously. i understand where FTC iscoming from. this is the internet. No one wants to feel like theyre being controlled by random people over the net.

Back
Top Bottom