Modern Warfare 3 | PS3 OT | Title Update 1.19 | NEW Playlist Update v1.8.505.1 is LIVE

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

Boost - add Soulfulb, and PureMoney to that list we need 2
They signed up? 

yup
and !@#$ all that picking out the hat nonscense im winning that FFA and im getting that first pick throughout the draft

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Modern Warfare 3 Captain Sign-up 

Rules

a) This is for captains sign up only, DO NOT sign-up for the tournament or start a list, don't be that ignorant %*%$ face. 

b) To be a captain you need an overall 1.50 K/D or higher. This has been bumped up from the previous 1.00 K/D. 

c) You must be a COD vet. If this is your first COD or your first time taking part in this, sit down. This is for well established personnel. 

d) We need 8 captains, for 8 teams. This will be a tournament first.

e) If we get enough captains in time, the FFA will take place January 4th, 2012 @6PM PST (schedule subject to change). 

d) Tournament rules will be discussed later, don't ask or suggest anything right now. 

The Map is, 

9r5a1c.jpg

List

1. Raadius | 1.85

2. justreason | 1.71

3. Ning726 | 2.18

4. PureMoney | 1.50

5. soulfulb | 2.34

Updated.

Might as well put Donut's name in there.. Idk why dude is playing ring around the rosie when he knows hes going to be a captain anyways...

Can someone explain why it seems like dudes are seeing me faster than I see them? It's like our speeds are swapped. Back in Late November, the game was near perfect. Bullets were hitting and my K/D was between 1.80-1.95 for the week or so that hotfix was out (Overall like 1.25 and rising). Then they changed it again and things haven't been right since.

Its like my bullets aren't registering 
mad.gif

The draft order doesn't really matter much anyway.

This whole thing is a popularity contest.

Originally Posted by boogie bwoy

Originally Posted by Hyper

The draft order doesn't really matter much anyway.

This whole thing is a popularity contest.

this.
tired.gif

Not disagreeing with that.  But it doesn't seem too fair to have the person who finishes last in the FFA get back to back picks round 1 and round 2, picks 8 and 9.  If I were a captain, why should I win when I pick first and don't pick again until the end of the second round?

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

If you really wanna be fair, don't do a FFA for draft order either. Pick the order out of a hat and stick to that order throughout the rounds. It'll help prevent the strongest captain from constantly getting the strongest first pick out the gate.

Wasn't this the OG way Boost did it ? 
nerd.gif
The first season, yea, because no one really knew how good some of the people were. This is the way it should be for DRAFT ORDER, what we do with the actual picks is up to y'all but if you wanna be fair it shouldn't be decided by FFA. It's like saying, for example, Kobe is the best player so he should pick who he plays with. You know he's picking the best dude available off the bat, and that ain't fair for the league... You'll end up with 2 or 3 All-Star teams, a handful of veteran squads that might pull a few upsets, and some D-League/College teams that shouldn't be playing in the first place..

Originally Posted by derrty6232

The mods are in the video game threads again? SMH...
laugh.gif

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSS.  Show some courtesy, Curtis.

Alright, since everybody is vocal about how the FFA/Draft selection goes down, lets hear some GOOD suggestions that work. 
Originally Posted by deFOBking

why ffa though...its just gonna end up a camp fest...
Nah, it never does.

I don't see the need to complicate it, whatever the order of the FFA is that's how the picks should go. Go in that order the entire draft, 1-8. Not to sound to harsh but the person who finishes last should be "punished" and have to draft at the end of every round. Like I said, if you're going to do a snake draft you're kinda rewarding the person who finishes last with back to back picks and making it harder for the person who won it. Seems like the fairest way to do it, no?

Keeping parity in mind…there’s what 8 teams? Do a private lobby TDM game. 4 on 4. Teams are picked snake draft according to KD ratio. 2 ratio on team 1, then next 2 ratio on team 2 all the way down (or some variation of this). The winning team determines the order of the picks with the losing team going after. Then snake draft but not in personal order but by team order (ie-round 2 the losing team would go first then the winning team). This way the snake draft doesn’t ensure that the worst captain gets back to backs yet they still get a decent spot at some point in the drafting.

or stick w/ my model using FFA and act as if the final leaderboard represents the two 'teams' by cutting the leaderboard in half. top half = team 1 2nd half is team 2.....

Just throwin it out there.

%#!$ that. Keep it a snake draft. Parity = fun. If we've got 2 teams of all-stars, it'll discourage the resulting lower-tier teams from even caring when they're matched up, possibly leading to flakes. Snake drafts dont reward those who finish last, it rewards the league with a more balanced group of teams.

Originally Posted by Noskey

%#!$ that. Keep it a snake draft. Parity = fun. If we've got 2 teams of all-stars, it'll discourage the resulting lower-tier teams from even caring when they're matched up, possibly leading to flakes. Snake drafts dont reward those who finish last, it rewards the league with a more balanced group of teams.

How does it not reward the person who finishes last?  Someone who finishes say 10-24 or something like that gets to pick 8th and then right after picks up another good player and the person who won the FFA has to wait 14 picks for their 2nd pick.

We're going to have flakes regardless, don't you remember the last season of BO?  People were complaining all day about the 8th team because they ended up with Decembers, then Cuzzo and right back with Poot with that first pick in the second round.  Not saying I'm not in favor of more balanced teams.  But I just feel like the person who finishes last in the FFA gets two picks picks in the top 9 and the person who finishes first gets his second pick all the way at 16.  IDK, whatever works for the majority I suppose.

I was Capt of Team 8 last year, I picked December then Cuzzo.

Poot was picked up off F/A by December when he took over Team 8.

Having a team pick last in every round isn't balanced, at all.

Have last place pick last for the first 4 rounds then switch the order and let them pick first the last 4 rounds.

The problem with the Snake draft is, the last tournament dudes was trying to be the 8th seed so they CAN get picks 8 and 9.

not everyone is gonna agree to anything

but a snake draft is the fairest system to implement

ive played in all the tournament except the very first one since 2007, and ive done all the other draft systems:

pick out of a hat and all that randomness... no one is gonna go with that when they see a team full of stacked players created by chance.

draft order of 1 - 8 for all rounds... leads to team 1 having the best team and team 8 having a bunch of scrubs.

snake order... while not perfect, its still the most fair and balanced. people only complain because some captains dont know how to pick. the best captains are those who know which players make the best teammates. you can only complain if your captain is an idiot.

btw boost... please make it more objective matches. tdm are just gonna rewards the campers out here with their k/d ratio mentality. you can even try putting in barebones to have that old school setup.

Back
Top Bottom