Moments That Made You Realize You’re Washed

If you're like me, it's both.

Folks have obnoxiously bright lights now a days. And I legit can't see in front of me at night time when it's raining. My eyes are taking a hard dive as I age.

NYC sun goes down 430, dark by 5. If im driving home on the West Side Highway or FDR I cant drive on the left, cant see **** anymore with them lights facing me. Gotta be middle or right lane.

Got diagnosed with sleep apnea today and I’m not even fat.
I got diagnosed 5 years ago, im not fat either. I was flabbergasted and didnt think it was possible. I highly suggest uisng the cpap they give you regularly tho. Itll be awkward at first having a mask strapped to your face constantly blowing air in your face. Even a bit more awkward if you share a bed with someone. For real tho, once you get that first full night sleep with it on i mean real sleep like youve never had and never really knew you were missing you wont go back.

Two folks tore their Achilles playing ball in the LA Fitness facilities. I'm done playing pick up basketball forever it was a good run from 15-25 but not over 30+. WASHED

Unless your a pro athlete that rehab is HELL for a year. It's not even worth it.
ADVERTISEMENT​
First crucial injury I had was at 20. Had a partial acl tear. Never had surgery and allowed it to heal on its own til 12 years later that it came back to haunt me. Knee didn't heal properly and was experiencing painful lock-ups and swelling then it finally broke totally. After the surgery, still heal
properly and diagnosed with synovitis. I'm in my 40s and stopped playing temporarily around 2 years now eversince I blew my gastroc muscle. I feel I can still play but I'm only 20% of what I am now. Athleticism surely suffered as well as endurance and susceptibility to injuries. Tenacity also not so much of a priority now. I'm just happy to run along with other people and play to what I am capable now.

ADVERTISEMENT​
First crucial injury I had was at 20. Had a partial acl tear. Never had surgery and allowed it to heal on its own til 12 years later that it came back to haunt me. Knee didn't heal properly and was experiencing painful lock-ups and swelling then it finally broke totally. After the surgery, still heal
properly and diagnosed with synovitis. I'm in my 40s and stopped playing temporarily around 2 years now eversince I blew my gastroc muscle. I feel I can still play but I'm only 20% of what I am now. Athleticism surely suffered as well as endurance and susceptibility to injuries. Tenacity also not so much of a priority now. I'm just happy to run along with other people and play to what I am capable now.

Damn man so sorry to hear. How was the rehab for it?

I heard some folks cant even run anymore after this happens to them.

Damn man so sorry to hear. How was the rehab for it?

I heard some folks cant even run anymore after this happens to them.
The gastroc tear? Doctor said I couldn't push it further like a young guy could. Play my spot. Basically telling me setting a new lower baseline. same goes with my knee due to degenerative synovitis. the acl reparation was fine on the otherhand. I definitely lost my speed and leaping ability. All I have now are my handles, midrange and some part of my defense.

In my mid 30s and I haven't hooped in 5 years, getting back into it and posts like these inspire me!
I was still amazing at that age and would eat young ones at their prime. Nowadays, I can't even keep up with my nephew. In fairness, he's a great baller and reminded me of my young self when it comes to athleticism. Only difference is that I could shoot lights out and have a strong inside game.

If you're like me, it's both.

Folks have obnoxiously bright lights now a days. And I legit can't see in front of me at night time when it's raining. My eyes are taking a hard dive as I age.
similar note to this thread...

I knew I was washed when I watched a horror movie and the it wasn't the jump scares that got me it was the scenes cutting from pitch black to the next morning bright effing lights

similar note to this thread...

I knew I was washed when I watched a horror movie and the it wasn't the jump scares that got me it was the scenes cutting from pitch black to the next morning bright effing lights
For me, it's whenever they stick a needle on me. My young self was fearless about it. At my current age, it brings me anxiety.

In my mid 30s and I haven't hooped in 5 years, getting back into it and posts like these inspire me!

word to the wise, take it really slow & ease into getting back into hooping, this is prime circumstance for all manner of injury (not trying to jinx but especially an achilles injury) getting your general physical preparedness up is a must

I got diagnosed 5 years ago, im not fat either. I was flabbergasted and didnt think it was possible. I highly suggest uisng the cpap they give you regularly tho. Itll be awkward at first having a mask strapped to your face constantly blowing air in your face. Even a bit more awkward if you share a bed with someone. For real tho, once you get that first full night sleep with it on i mean real sleep like youve never had and never really knew you were missing you wont go back.
They haven’t decided whether or not I’m gonna need a CPAP or an airway piece just yet. I did a home sleep test and just got the results today so I’m gonna have to go into the office to learn my fate. Either way, excited to learn what I’ve been missing out on in terms of quality sleep.

Also I don't know if I'm more sensitive to light or if everyone just has bright *** headlights now.
Yooooo

I don't know what happened but I had to buy a whole set of sunglasses cuz light just be ****ing with my eyes more than it has ever done.

Natural sunlight be bothering me a lot in the morning and don't get me started on headlights. I will kick a car with those bright as headlights and high beams on.

My eyes are washed :smh:

They haven’t decided whether or not I’m gonna need a CPAP or an airway piece just yet. I did a home sleep test and just got the results today so I’m gonna have to go into the office to learn my fate. Either way, excited to learn what I’ve been missing out on in terms of quality sleep.
I Took home test. It said i dont have enough sleep interuptions.

But i been feeling tired/without energy,
so i asked for the inlab study.

Last edited:
Yeah the sprayer is convenient. Dawn PowerWash for dishes and Mr Clean Clean Freak for cleaning. Pricy though so just kept the bottles and make my own foaming cleaners.

Also I don't know if I'm more sensitive to light or if everyone just has bright *** headlights now.

This daylight savings suck. I actually got my department being cool with dimming some of the lights around 4pm because it definitely feels so dark driving home from work nowadays. Knew from everyone's reaction I wasn't the only one feeling like that:lol:

CPAP machines help regardless if you have sleep apnea or not. My brother in law bought one because he kept everyone in the house bothered by his loud snoring. It kept him shut.

Back
Top Bottom