Moments That Made You Realize You’re Washed

Ive been stressed out lately and it triggered shingles. Stress is the #1 thing to trigger it. Its a cousin of the Chicken Pox Virus.

Before the chickenpox vaccine, the best way to fight it was to get immunity naturally by getting it early in life and you wouldnt get it when around other kids who had chicken pox.

This was the 80s. Now you just get vaccinated when you are born.

Doing it the natural way leaves the Shingles virus dormant in you and if it gets triggered, its at age 50.

Im 39.

Its a unique experience, one side of my body, especially around the neck and head area, feels like im getting stabbed by a blade made of electricity like every 10 seconds.

The virus attacks your nerve endings for a couple weeks and im going through it.

WASHED.

Ive been stressed out lately and it triggered shingles. Stress is the #1 thing to trigger it. Its a cousin of the Chicken Pox Virus.

Before the chickenpox vaccine, the best way to fight it was to get immunity naturally by getting it early in life and you wouldnt get it when around other kids who had chicken pox.

Doing it the natural way leaves the Shingles virus dormant in you and if it gets triggered, its at age 50.

Im 39.

Its a unique experience, one side of my body, especially around the neck and head area, feels like im getting stabbed by a blade made of electricity like every 10 seconds.

The virus attacks your nerve endings for a couple weeks and im going through it.

WASHED.
they are painful. they are pretty much have the same symptoms as chicken pox although I wouldn't say they are really the same or make you immune one to the other. had chicken pox early as a child and they hurt. I think I was out for 2 weeks. got the shingles during my early adulthood and felt much worse than the chicken pox. the feeling of getting stabbed by electricity every second aside from the painful migraine and fever was unbearable and couldn't even sleep for days. mine subsided after almost a week. I believe I got the shingles on some dirty bed sheets on some love hotel.

30 minutes stretching has equal or better physical benefits to me than 30 minutes of lifting.
I need to start doing yoga. Been having lower back pain for the first time and I know it’s because I got a weak core and cheeks

My hamstrings have always been flexible like I can put my palms on the floor, but my hips and IT band have always been tight

Im 39.

WASHED.
Damn man I'm sorry to hear that. Ironically I deal with a lot of stress because of my anxiety and I ended up having a small breakout under my thigh area and man it's crazy because initially there wasn't anything there it just felt like I was being cut with a razor and then that's when the red bumps appeared like a few days later. I was 40 when that happened and I'm 42 now and my doctor told me that they have a shot for it but you can't get it until you're 50. He did however give me an antiviral which helps to clear up a virus a lot faster. Hopefully they can give you something like gabapentin which helps the nerve pain and an antiviral because that's what he gave me and it cleared it up pretty fast.

Thanks yall for sharing the experiences, well wishes and thoughts, behind the NT facade, real life is hard lol, it does feel beter being able to relate and see that folks have dealt through and gotten through it, thank you.

Thanks yall for sharing the experiences, well wishes and thoughts, behind the NT facade, real life is hard lol, it does feel beter being able to relate and see that folks have dealt through and gotten through it, thank you.
no worries fam. we just discussed about it in class last friday. chickenpox, herpes, shingles fall under the same family of virus that's why the symptoms are generally the same but varies with intensity and other symptoms. shingles is the typical outcome when people that had previous chickenpox or herpes infection when their immunity drops or really get sick. so people shouldn't be embarrassed about it.

Im 39.

WASHED.
Damn, hope you get better soon man.
I randomly got shingles a couple years ago and that description of getting stabbed by an electrified blade is literally identical to how I'd describe it.
It is godawful to go through

Damn, hope you get better soon man.
I randomly got shingles a couple years ago and that description of getting stabbed by an electrified blade is literally identical to how I'd describe it.
It is godawful to go through
it pretty much a description of this song's title and chorus line......

Hope u get better :emoji_pray: ...

I remember couple years ago I woke up with my whole scalp felt like it was on fire/getting shocked. Any slight touch just made the pain worse. I couldn't go to the doctor or anything at the time because we just got hit with heavy snow. After that I would get moments of dizziness, headaches, painful electric shocks from head down my spine that would force me to miss work numerous times. I went to bunch of doctors, chiropractors, physical therapists, neurologists and had MRI's, CT scans, nerve tests done and none of them were able to help me. Sometimes they made it even worse. I just monitored what activities would trigger or make the nerve pain worse. Fast forward couple years I feel almost normal again. Only thing that helped me was time and for my nerves to naturally heal I guess.

Last edited:
Wow, I honestly thought I was the only NTer to get shingles. Had them back in 2016 when I was 35. That description of electric shock is dead on, it felt just like that. All I have now are small scars that formed after the sores healed.

sneeker sneeker I got shingles from trying on some jeans at a thrift store.
The thing with shingles is people who are immuno compromised or have weak immune system are vulnerable to it. I always wondered why my partners never got it and I did.

The thing with shingles is people who are immuno compromised or have weak immune system are vulnerable to it. I always wondered why my partners never got it and I did.
I think it has to do with the effectiveness of their immunization shots. For some the coverage is good and others not so good time wise.

Update:

Im healing but I look messed up, it made my eye close shut and it took some of my hair off the top.

Dont get shingles.

Dont be stressed out, you wont get it.

Im in the ER, thankfully.

After this clears up, i think I avoided nerve damage and my eyeball looks like its going to survive, no permanent loss of vision thankfully.

I ended getting the second worse version, the worse is when it crosses over to your nose, usually means ur eye is done for amd you become blind. Thankfully that didnt happen to me.

IMG_1189.jpeg

Update:

Im healing but I look messed up, it made my eye close shut and it took some of my hair off the top.

Dont get shingles.

After this clears up, i think I avoided nerve damage and my eyeball looks like its going to survive, no permanent loss of vision thankfully.

I ended getting the second worse version, the worse is when it crosses over to your nose, usually means ur eye is done for amd you become blind. Thankfully that didnt happen to me.

IMG_1189.jpeg

Bruh. I'm so sorry. I heard this is a special type of nerve pain.

Bruh. I'm so sorry. I heard this is a special type of nerve pain.

Bruuuuh, 100% each of those spots on my head when it first started felt like an electric dagger stabbing me in the head. Sometimes it was 1 at a time, sometimes 20 at a time.

You just twitch all day.

That stopped a few days ago, then the spots start to ooze and crust. Then you get scar pain but shoooot it aay better than the electric shocks.

Bruuuuh, 100% each of those spots on my head when it first started felt like an electric dagger stabbing me in the head. Sometimes it was 1 at a time, sometimes 20 at a time.

You just twitch all day.

That stopped a few days ago, then the spots start to ooze and crust. Then you get scar pain but shoooot it aay better than the electric shocks.
Sorry to hear that man, I’m glad your symptoms aren’t permanent. My heart really does ache for people going through things that they have no control over. Hoping for your speedy recover.

Update:

Dont get shingles.

IMG_1189.jpeg
looks pretty similar to mine. thankful it missed the crucial spots as well. mine were around my neck and part of my face but typically around the same areas as yours. do you still feel that electricity running through your face? mine I think was about 3-4 days before it subsided. was highly irritable and had no appetite.

Back
Top Bottom