Money doesn't buy happiness ... Vol Jeff Bezos Divorce

Most millennials live in a major metropolitan area, so I completely disagree.

You’re obviously forgetting a lot of major spots like the most expensive city/ area in the US.

Name them....

That was a blind spot :lol:

My point is 100k in most of America gets you a car, house, expendable income.

If not you chasing ghost.

Name them....

That was a blind spot :lol:

My point is 100k in most of America gets you a car, house, expendable income.

If not you chasing ghost.

You seriously want me to name every single Metropolitan area when you missed the entire Bay Area, Orange County and San Diego? Come on now.

You seriously want me to name every single Metropolitan area when you missed the entire Bay Area, Orange County and San Diego? Come on now.

So California is most of the US, got it.

Get your head out your ***, out your M5 and think about all the places you could live well off 100k.

Stop being thick.

So California is most of the US, got it.

Get your head out your ***, out your M5 and think about all the places you could live well off 100k.

Stop being thick.

You do realize most millennials live in major city’s?

100k isn’t a lot by any means in those areas. I just named 3 different places, should I name more that you didn’t?

No need for assumptions, I would never drive an M5.

That’s fair, but you also are being realistic and saying you’re super frugal. I assume the average Joe isn’t as frugal as you and in a major city? It’s doing well but it’s nothing where everyone should be like OMG
Come on Cook, theres maybe 5 cities where 100k won't get you far.

100k is 3 standard deviations above the mean in the US. That's significant.

100k would be good for me :lol:

I work in LA and I was on zillow to try and browse houses.
Had to move my range from 650k to a millón to get any type of looks :lol:

Looked up sylmar which was 30 mins away and for 650k there was a good variety :lol:

Come on Cook, theres maybe 5 cities where 100k won't get you far.

100k is 3 standard deviations above the mean in the US. That's significant.

For the first time ever, the Generation that controls the buying power of America lives in metropolitan areas.

Now tell me 100K is a lot in Boston?

For the first time ever, the Generation that controls the buying power of America lives in metropolitan areas.

Now tell me 100K is a lot in Boston?
Haha def not

Boston
Any major city in California
Chicago
NY
DC
Minneapolis (I live here)
Seattle

Also depends on what you mean by living comfortable?

In Minneapolis and Chicago you probably in the top 10% of income.......

Between myself and my girl we make 300-400k depending on stock price... We live in Louisville, Ky which is pretty much the top 1% here. I hated Seattle, Miami, and Chicago when I lived there. Guess it’s all about what you enjoy. Give me a big boat on the river, bourbon, and a great small big city anyway over LA/NYC. Only place I’ll go from here is maybe Austin/Houston.

Last edited:
You do realize most millennials live in major city’s?

100k isn’t a lot by any means in those areas. I just named 3 different places, should I name more that you didn’t?

No need for assumptions, I would never drive an M5.

Millennials are born EVEYWHERE!

And when did this become a millennial argument?

I learned a long time ago not to argue with fools.

Millennials are born EVEYWHERE!

And when did this become a millennial argument?

I learned a long time ago not to argue with fools.

It’s not a millennial thing whatsoever, the point was that the buying power of America lives in those city’s that you say are so cheap, but then you named 4 of them...

A solo 30 yr old that makes 100k can live in Austin and buy a home and do everything else we’ve discussed?

I’ve learned to never even talk to a Cowboys fan smh.

Between myself and my girl we make 300-400k depending on stock price...and funny enough both work for Amazon. We live in Louisville, Ky which is pretty much the top 1% here. I hated Seattle, Miami, and Chicago when I lived there. Guess it’s all about what you enjoy. Give me a big boat on the river, bourbon, and a great small big city anyway over LA/NYC. Only place I’ll go from here is maybe Austin/Houston.
Cosign...

I'll take a tertiary city over a major one any-day in todays America. It's all about preference. Received a job offer in NY and most recently in the South. NY is more money, but I think I'll be heading south.

Anyone who addresses themselves as "tha don" is gonna be a dickhead 99.9% of the time.

We get it, youre a big baller shot caller. But to say 100k aint **** is ludacrous.

You talking like everyone lives in a penthouse suite with an ocean view.

Between myself and my girl we make 300-400k depending on stock price...and funny enough both work for Amazon. We live in Louisville, Ky which is pretty much the top 1% here. I hated Seattle, Miami, and Chicago when I lived there. Guess it’s all about what you enjoy. Give me a big boat on the river, bourbon, and a great small big city anyway over LA/NYC. Only place I’ll go from here is maybe Austin/Houston.

You in an FC? Tell us about Amazon's stock options at the Manager, Regional Manager and Director level if you don't mind.

More like, what level... Level 7,8,9 etc.

I can speak on 8

Sure. I don't know how they bands are structured. Share some details on the managerial/band/tier structure and what range of shares are on the table annually.

Back
Top Bottom