Mortal Kombat (2021) Out Now.

The producers forgot the buttons :lol:

I still liked this for what it was. Its basically a proof of concept movie.

NEEDS a sequel. Everybody needs to support this so they can press the right buttons the next time :lol:

CGI budget on Nitara and Goro coulda been spent on other things.
Really feel like a sequel with a bigger budget will fix MOST things. Cole Haan is inexcusable tho.

...and you wonder why the movie was all over the place. That **** is about as cohesive as an acid trip. :lol:

Liu Kang has always been the focal point of the story though? He’s the “chosen one” in every film and story. I mean they could’ve easily done more on his background, half the movie was learning about coles background :lol:
That comes from the first movie. :lol:

I feel since Johnny is gonna be in the second one Cole is gonna get killed early.

Like killed for real

...and you wonder why the movie was all over the place. That **** is about as cohesive as an acid trip. :lol:

That comes from the first movie. :lol:

Have you played any of the games? Watch the video dude posted. He literally wins like 3-4 tournaments in a row :lol: :smh:

You must not have played an ML game in 20 years. The story is one of the biggest draws to the series
No wonder you don’t like movie, you like your stories convoluted. Old good Liu Kang, current evil Liu Kang, a Demi God that doesn’t know wth he’s doing. :lol: Oh I know the new story.

I think it’s funny how people expect so much when, MK the franchise, barely has a story itself. Who’s the main character of the franchise(not the most popular)? Thus Cole.

nah man.. they got some legit stories

just look at the whole scorpion vs subzero

you got multiple bad guys involved with scorpion trying get his revenge (and trying to capitalize off of dud’s pain) , just watch that movie

Last edited:
nah man.. they got some legit stories

just look at the whole scorpion vs subzero

you got multiple bad guys involved with scorpion trying get his revenge, just watch that movie
But Liu Kang is the main character tho. :lol: The lure is all over the place. They just tried to streamline the story so it could be more linear. Cole’s purpose was to make a clear, definitive protagonist. That’s why I said I wouldn’t be surprised if, now that they have our attention, they MK2 Johnny Cage kill Cole in the first scene of the 2nd movie or something happens and he becomes Scorpion.

But Liu Kang is the main character tho. :lol: The lure is all over the place. They just tried to streamline the story so it could be more linear. Cole’s purpose was to make a clear, definitive protagonist. That’s why I said I wouldn’t be surprised if, now that they have our attention, they MK2 Johnny Cage kill Cole in the first scene of the 2nd movie or something happens and he becomes Scorpion.

but you could have easily done that with an actual character, Johnny cage

Down his luck actor that people don’t think can actually fight.. have him adjust to the wild shhh

liu kang and Kung Lao get what’s going on.. and Sonya and jax get caught up in the world because they’re tracking Kano

you don’t need the cole dude, you got way more than enough.. have Johnny go from disbelief, to accepting and fighting.. but dude ain’t going be the damn leader and giving orders in the first movie

Nah Johnny Cage as the main wouldn’t have been a good look. ESPECIALLY now. A martial arts movie full of Asian character and actors and you gonna make the white guy the lead? That would’ve been disastrous. :lol: Cole, as he is now, is pointless. I agree. But I think he’s going to die, become Scorpion or both.

Nah Johnny Cage as the main wouldn’t have been a good look. ESPECIALLY now. A martial arts movie full of Asian character and actors and you gonna make the white guy the lead? That would’ve been disastrous. :lol: Cole, as he is now, is pointless. I agree. But I think he’s going to die, become Scorpion or both.
Johnny cage is basically the main character in MKx and it revolves around him. It can easily be done

i mean, he’s the main character in that batman movies are named Batman

but this more a civil war type situation, where even though the move is named a captain America movie.. it’s really zemo‘s revenge story, then tchalla’s origin and then spidey’s intro

you’re intro Johnny and us to that world and we all trying to believe.. but at no point is he the leader.. all you want from him is believing and stepping up to think he could even hang with them

but really youre telling the story of that world and introducing the characters

I fell asleep watching this several times in the theater
Whole time I was watching I was just thinking who is this Cole *****? I thought he was gone be Cyrax or something idk why... But I have the same thoughts as most, Kano was the star of the movie, They watered my boy Liu down, and that reptile **** was weak, would have rather seen the real character (if that’s even who that was supposed to be)

Shang Tsung never referenced reptile as "Reptile" don't be surprised if the human version makes an appearance in future films.

Movie gets better the more you watch. Just watched it with shorty and she enjoyed it (she loved Kano)

If you look at the film as a prequel which it is it is way more enjoyable

I agree that Cole Haan was absolute trash. Weak Beta boy. Weak “arcane.” Terrible back story and no logical motivation to kill other people in a tournament.

kill this dude off in the sequel. Bring back goro. Give Raiden more to do. And can we get ONE original movie cameo?

I mean really the only big useful character that should have died is subzero

because then he goes into smoke and his brother shows up

and I guess reptile

zero clue why they had goro there for that small bit AND to die to this weak dude on top of it

Also what's the point of gathering up the best, fiercest fighters then telling them to go kill the other fighters before the tournament that would prove they are the best, fiercest fighters? There's no honor or glory there.

That 7 min clip/sneak peek ruined the movie for me because it set my expectations way too high. Thought the movie would continue more of a serious tone, turned out to be corny.

sheng Tsung and Raiden were so bad:lol:

I mean really the only big useful character that should have died is subzero

because then he goes into smoke and his brother shows up

and I guess reptile

zero clue why they had goro there for that small bit AND to die to this weak dude on top of it

they did Goro dirty...that was whack how they used him

Back
Top Bottom