Mortal Kombat (2021) Out Now.

Some of yall being overly critical for a MK movie is comical. The ones saying if “so and so is cast as Johnny Cage” are lying

Cole was nothing but exposition. He was just a prop to explain **** to the audience. They should’ve just made Sonya the main character since she was already researching what MK was all about and all that.

Raiden was badly casted. Actor Brought no life to the role whatsoever.

Killing of some of those characters that early was odd

Other than that, the movie was just okay. Not great or terrible . Felt like a prequel like someone said.

Kano and Kung Lao both killed it. Liu Kangs and Kung Lao’s fatalities were both 🔥

The final fight sequence between subzero and scorpion was good

Overall just an okay watch. I enjoyed it. I have faith the sequel will step it up . A really quality MK project needs to be done as a series.

7/10

Last edited:
Story was bland but I liked it and was entertaining. Will peep the second one if it comes out, hopefully they can tell a better story.

Kung Lao’s fatality tho :pimp: :wow:
Ol girl with the wings was only used jus for that and got FOLDED in two! YEESH!!

Mileena tho :emoji_heart_eyes:

SubZero was on that “Pull Up” energy every time he showed up! Dude was hella OP!

I think the only strong parts of the movie that I cared for was SubZero and Scorpions rivalry. I know SubZero gonna come back for the sequel tho he has to.

Cano was pure gold tho! Favorite scene was when Liu Kang touched his shoulder he yelled out “Da Fuq?!”:lol:

Can’t wait for the next one.

Keep it a bean....the scorpion/zero fight wasn't even that epic tbh. Wasn't even as lit as Neo vs Agent Smith.

Scorpion supposed to be a demon and getting washed by an LA Fitness ninja. You came out of hell to get revenge and still needed help. Weak. They had to jump Zero to win. Soft boys.
Same way I feel. The way I see it is they never let you play 2 vs. 1 in the game so why in this movie it happens several times?

They should've had Sub beat Cole and kill his family then Scorpion shows up and washes Cole.
I don’t get why they didn’t use the OG Shang Tsung. Cary would have killed his role he is Shang.
Facts.

Any time he showed up I was like this aint my Shang Tsung.

I also would've liked if they brought in Robin Shou to be Shang Tsung

Same way I feel. The way I see it is they never let you play 2 vs. 1 in the game so why in this movie it happens several times?

They should've had Sub beat Cole and kill his family then Scorpion shows up and washes Cole.

so you want Zero and Scorpion to take turns whuppin Cole's ***? lmaooo You cold blooded

I also would've liked if they brought in Robin Shou to be Shang Tsung

some men just want to watch the world burn..

I watched it last night and was kind of disappointed. I'd heard good things going into it and the movie was just okay.

Like someone with you guys have mentioned, I don't see the point of introducing Cole, I understand that he is meant to be an avatar for the audience and an exposition piece but there are literally dozens of existing MK characters who they could have used. Why not use Stryker as the oblivious, "fish out of water, explain everything to me" character?

The movie also had pacing issues. There was a lot of downtime in the middle. The movie went from heavy action, to about 40 minutes of downtime and then the final fight scenes that felt rushed. How is Cole going to defeat Goro like that? Anti-climactic for such a tough character.

They never explain the beef between Sub-Zero and Scorpion. Why are they even fighting? They never actually explain the beef between the lin kuei vs shirai ryu at all 😂. The video games flush this out a lot better but in the movie, we need at least a couple of sentences about their generations long beef

Finally, The introduction of this arcana concept and needing to "find your hidden magical ability" was silly. What did it do? What's the point?

I don't want to be too critical, it is a videogame movie after all. The fight scenes were cool and that's what we're here for.

Last edited:
And to top it ALL OFF we all know it wasn’t subzero who actually killed Hanzo’s family. They completely threw that great story out the window

💯 Exactly. I thought they would introduce that twist into this movie in the same way they did in the Scorpions Revenge animated film (which is excellent btw) but they didn't.

I'm surprised they chose to make Sub-Zero, one of their most popular protagonists, a bad guy and kill him off in the first movie of the franchise.

They're using a different medium so I expect them to make changes but this was surprising.

Last edited:
💯 Exactly. I thought they would introduce that twist into this movie in the same way they did in the Scorpions Revenge animated film (which is excellent btw) but they didn't. I'm surprised they chose to make Sub-Zero, one of their most popular protagonists, a bad guy and kill him off in the first movie of the franchise.

They're using a different medium so I expect them to make changes but this was surprising.
Here’s a surprise, subzero was always the bad guy haha. We just never read the story as kids :lol:

💯 Exactly. I thought they would introduce that twist into this movie in the same way they did in the Scorpions Revenge animated film (which is excellent btw) but they didn't. I'm surprised they chose to make Sub-Zero, one of their most popular protagonists, a bad guy and kill him off in the first movie of the franchise.

When they had Scorpion disappear and never touched on to where he's been I knew they wasn't going to introduce Quan Chi.

Was expecting Sub Zero to transform into Noob Saibot towards the end.

I could see people being confused by him if they're casual and not really into the MK lore.

When they had Scorpion disappear and never touched on to where he's been I knew they wasn't going to introduce Quan Chi.

yup they completely missed their chance with that..

and that’s especially why you don’t need that cole dude.. there is a lot already

and I get Bi Han dying since you then get to noob saibot

I'm surprised they chose to make Sub-Zero, one of their most popular protagonists, a bad guy and kill him off in the first movie of the franchise.

Bi-Han being the first/evil Sub-Zero is as lore accurate as it gets.

I’m just curious if his descendant will be the Sub-Zero going forward or another current Lin Kuei member. You can’t NOT have him in the sequel.

I didn’t realize Liu Kang was the Black Ranger from the recent Power Rangers movie. I thought his Asian accent felt a little off:lol:

Was expecting Sub Zero to transform into Noob Saibot towards the end.

I could see people being confused by him if they're casual and not really into the MK lore.

Yep you could see Noob right when that Happened, was actually kinda dope

2B00EA2C-CDD6-4DA8-B823-DE2585D86690.jpeg
I enjoyed this one more.

They never explain the beef between Sub-Zero and Scorpion. Why are they even fighting? They never actually explain the beef between the lin kuei vs shirai ryu at all 😂. The video games flush this out a lot better but in the movie, we need at least a couple of sentences about their generations long beef
They took out mentioning the clan rivalry completely and just made it seem like he did it to stop the prophecy of Hanzo's bloodline preventing outworld from winning the 10th tournament.

Movie was fun but I had low standards. Wouldn't have cared to go pay to see it in theaters but it was serviceable for at home viewing. Too bad we didn't get ninja Reptile

Back
Top Bottom