Most Innovative Nike Technology?

The Dri-FIT argument is Nike's. They came out with Dri-FIT clothing in 1994, with Scottie Pippen being a prominent wearer of it in a simple basketball jersey in print ads, along with Michael Johnson in his sprint track suits. Everyone thinks its UA; no, they are the first to come out with the "tight-fit," compression apparel, Nike's version of "Pro" that they use nowadays. But the actual material that everyone knows as moisture-wicking, that is Nike.

I stated earlier... but the DYNAMIC FIT INNERSLEEVE is not something that should be overlooked!! (AKA Hurache)

AJ 6, 7, 8, 9, 15, 16...

Originally Posted by MP23

The Dri-FIT argument is Nike's. They came out with Dri-FIT clothing in 1994, with Scottie Pippen being a prominent wearer of it in a simple basketball jersey in print ads, along with Michael Johnson in his sprint track suits. Everyone thinks its UA; no, they are the first to come out with the "tight-fit," compression apparel, Nike's version of "Pro" that they use nowadays. But the actual material that everyone knows as moisture-wicking, that is Nike.
That is the exact ad I was thinking of: Scottie in the neon green on one page and him putting his face through water on the other. Old Slam ads FTW.

Ny Giants, I just thought of that when I opened this thread again. Very overlooked technology. I know all through the 90's I never bought a Nike shoe to play serious ball in unless it had a sleeve after the Maestro.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Are you sure that Nike was the first company to make material like Dri-Fit? Or were they really the first one to take it as mainstream as they did. Because I have a hard time believing that they were the first to develop it.
Same could be said about foamposite and air.

"In 1945, Dr. Klaus Maertens injured his foot while skiing in Germany. He designed a shoe for himself with an air-cushioned sole using old rubber tires."

"The greatest advantage of Dr. Martens boots is extraordinary comfort and fit. They have a unique sole that molds to your foot. At first, they feel stiff. But after a week or so, they mold and become extremely comfortable." 
[Source]

The only difference between Dr. Martens and Nike: fashion versus athletic use. With the exception that Nike took an original concept and makes incremental upgrades in footwear design.

Shox was innovative, but it wasn't their most innovative because it hasn't done enough since they have released. I really think Nike finally gave up and just released it so people would go crazy over them and not think all that R&D was for nothing. The performance aspect of Shox is horrible. Is there any reason that Nike doesn't market these at all anymore with big name athletes?

Seriously, outside of Vince and JO, who in the NBA still wears these? Any college players wearing Shox these days? Whoever actually runs in Shox is a moron so they don't count.
laugh.gif

i get it...you don't like Shox.

that's OK, you don't have to...

personally, i love 'em and wear them quite a bit.

i thought you were above the name calling since up to this point we'd had a pretty good discussion with good points argued on both sides, but i guess i'm a moron.

Originally Posted by osubass1

i get it...you don't like Shox.

that's OK, you don't have to...

personally, i love 'em and wear them quite a bit.

i thought you were above the name calling since up to this point we'd had a pretty good discussion with good points argued on both sides, but i guess i'm a moron.
I don't mind Shox much at all. The actual performance aspect of them isn't up to par with almost everything else on the market. You actually run in Shox? You have to be joking...

Back
Top Bottom