MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

So what’s the best alternative? All I go to is amc. Theirs is $19 a month? How many movies though?

So what’s the best alternative? All I go to is amc. Theirs is $19 a month? How many movies though?

AMC

A List is 3 movies a week and includes IMAX, 2D, 3D and Dolby

If you have a nice AMC it's the way to go.

One IMAX joint a month is almost the price of the A List for me.

this is better than MP if AMC is your main theater

$19.99 (plus tax) a month for 3 movies a week but there's no limitation (you can watch imax and 3d) and watch all 3 movies in one day if you want but it will take your 3 movie quota for the week

you can also reserve movies in advance

this is better than MP if AMC is your main theater

$19.99 (plus tax) a month for 3 movies a week but there's no limitation (you can watch imax and 3d) and watch all 3 movies in one day if you want but it will take your 3 movie quota for the week

you can also reserve movies in advance

Oh sheesh. Thought it was 3 a month which is why I was avoiding it. I’ve defended moviepass til the end, but the fact that I basically can’t see movies anymore is a dud. Is there any point at all in keeping the subscription and hoping they somehow bounce back?

Also, for A List, could I buy 2 tickets to the same movie as part of my 3 per week? Like if I was to take my girl, could I buy both our tickets to the same movie? And can you watch the same movie multiple times? I’m the guy that overloads on snacks during the previews and then gets the itis and passes out during the movie lol.

you can watch the movie as many times as you want

but i do think you can only buy 1 ticket for the same show, 1 pass is probably limited to one person, this will encourage most to buy two passes if they are with someone

i could be wrong but being able to redeem it as a ticket for anyone to use seems too good

also keep in mind when buying advance tickets, it takes up a slot in your quota for the week so if you buy a ticket a month in advance, you will only be able to see 2 movies per week until use up that ticket

Looks like in the next 30 days, Movie Pass will be $15.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/31/mov...-more-than-doubles-after-announcing-pric.html

I think tomorrow I am switching to AMC A-List. I would do Sinemia cause I could go to other theaters besides AMC, but for only 3 movies a month is no bueno. I am also deleting because for me, movies on the MP show up at noon, but by 7PM when I try to go, they disappear from the app.

After Summer there will be on average 2 movies per week, and if MP starts blocking one or both movies because it is deemed popular is going to crush a lot of people.

Not to mention they still have to repay that $6 Million dollar loan by 8/5 and if they don't it can increase by 130%. Imma cancel and if in 6 months they are still around and doing better....I might come back, I might not.

I think 3 movies per week is more than enough honestly. Most I’d probably ever watch is 2. Can’t imagine a scenario where I’d ever want to see 4 movies in one week lol.

That being said, if moviepass is increasing to $15 per month within the next 30 days, it doesn’t really make sense to stay with them over amc if they’re still going to have the same policies where you can’t see new releases for 2 weeks and can’t see imax. For $5 more, I can get advance ticketing and any movie and then even get tickets for my friends when I’m not going. Seems like a no brainer.

I went ahead and did AMC A-List. If I have to pay for The Meg and Mission Impossible, I might as well join it. That two weeks crap for new movies is unacceptable. At least let people see it during week days.

I'll keep Movie Pass for now.

They should have done the $14.99 a long time ago. I would have rather have done that than peak pricing

I wonder about the yearly people and them canceling and trying to get refunds.

wow, so it's going to be $15/mon, new movies won't be available for the first two weeks (and then there's no mention of removing peak pricing) not to mention they're going to make it more labor intensive to make sure you aren't cheating?

• A future increase of the standard pricing plan to $14.95 per month within the next 30 days.
  • First Run Movies opening on 1,000+ Screens to be limited in their availability during the first two weeks, unless made available on a promotional basis,
  • Implementation of additional tactics to prevent abuse of the MoviePass service.
then they still have the nerve to try and continue with their film ventures?

Integration of MoviePass Ventures and MoviePass Films with our own original content allows us to gain revenue by owning the films through box office, streaming, DVD, retail, transactional sales e.g. Apple and Samsung, and international rights, etc.

i also don't need BS like these:

In an effort to maintain the integrity of the MoviePass mission, to enhance discovery, and to drive attendance to smaller films and bolster the independent film community, MoviePass will begin to limit ticket availability to Blockbuster films. This change has already begun rolling out, with Mission Impossible 6 being the first film included in the measure. This is a strategic move by the company to both limit cash burn and stay loyal to its mission to empower the smaller artistic film communities.

it's not about promoting independent films, it's about you losing money d*ckheads

It was expected and we all knew it was coming... but those changes are still rough. Price increase is fine, but price increase and limiting new releases for 2 weeks? Nah.

Was 9.99 really sustainable to see unlimited movies in a month? What is the surprise?

They really should have done it for $9.99 for two or three months as a limited time offer and then raised it to $14.99 or $19.99 when they first lowered it back in September

Since I’ve joined AMC last month I’ve watched Ant-Man (multiple times), Jurassic world, Equalizer, and Incredibles all in imax, Dolby, or 3D and most on their opening night with reserved seats in advance along with other movies I’ve seen. When friends come along they give me the money and I buy their tickets to earn points. Was able to get $10 in rewards on my first month. Plus free large popcorn and drink upgrade every single time. In the end AMC ended up being cheaper than moviepass for me as well as enjoying all the extra perks and non of the hassle or headaches of having to deal with the crap moviepass has been on lately.

oh yeah, A-List also includes their Stubs membership which is $15/yr which doesn't hurt, the free popcorn and soda upgrade and free refill on soda isn't bad if you're buying at the concessions

They really should have done it for $9.99 for two or three months as a limited time offer and then raised it to $14.99 or $19.99 when they first lowered it back in September

Same **** I said. Really simple. 9.99 to bring in customers, and raise prices. People would've stayed if they liked the service.

AMC laughing to the bank and thanking MP for pretty much advertising for them and being the guinea pig

AMC Theatres’ New Movie Ticket Subscription Program Counts 175K Members As MoviePass Struggles

The No. 1 exhibitor in the world announced today that in the last five weeks since its launch, their new AMC Stubs A-List frequent moviegoer program has enrolled more than 175K fully-paid members. This news comes after a day when MoviePass saw another major chain outage on Monday, followed by evening news breaking that the all-you-can-see $9.99/a month service would no longer cover big studio movies. On social media, MoviePass subscribers have turned, either mourning the service’s break-down or making fun of the company’s financial woes. More importantly, some MoviePass subscribers on Twitter are saying that they’re changing over to AMC’s A-List because they’ve had it with the app outages and ticket price surges (which in certain cases can be more than what the cinema is charging).

That initial surge in membership is well ahead of the chain’s expectations. At the time of launch on June 26, 2018, AMC expected to hit 500K members by the end of June 2019, and 1 million members two years from launch, at the end of June 2020.

Back
Top Bottom