MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

They essentially turned this into a indie movie app at the point. I'm gonna keep it for a few more months in the hopes that they stop that ****.

is this accurate? is there really this much AMCs in the US?

regal seems like they can adapt if they have that much theaters too

atlas_N1Tu4Izne@2x.png

Hopefully they follow suit quickly seeing as how many people are hopping off MP and onto AMC's plan.

Nearest AMC is about 20 miles away, while the Regal is about 5 mins from the house.

Nearest AMC for me is 24 miles away Regal cinemas is about 10 miles for me.
Ironically these are some of the last old school true IMAX theaters. If it's gonna be playing 70MM nationwide these theaters are a lock to always get those movies. I really only use Regal for IMAX, but it's a lot of movies I still watch in that format. It's pretty much a lock that I take my talents to Regal if IMAX is included(since i'm also a rewards member, which is an amazing deal in itself)
Thinking about the Alamo Drafthouse one too, since they show old school movies and the food served isn't bad at all

i've got pretty much nothing but amc's around me in the dc area.

used to use one stubs rewards account for both moviepasses...just typed in the email address to log in at the kiosk before swiping the moviepass card. i'm assuming now we'll have to have 2 separate stubs rewards accounts?

Wait wait, so is MI:6 never going to available through MoviePass or will I just have to wait 2 weeks?

I mean yeah I can always do the ticket exchange but I just want some clarification because AMC is looking better and better but I've already paid up til like January for MP through the Costco deal

There's only one AMC near me and like 3 total in Central Florida... If they remodel the one near me with reclining seats in all theaters and not just the Dolby Cinema, I'd make the trip there for the movies every time and do AMC's program. The only "nice" theater they have is the Dolby, even their IMAX is regular seating.

They're gonna be fine.

Nah, Movie Pass is done. They did a reverse stock-split and their stock price still tanked. Anyone who knows about finance knows that they're on life support. I give them another 6 months.

They essentially turned this into a indie movie app at the point. I'm gonna keep it for a few more months in the hopes that they stop that ****.

Yep

atlas_N1Tu4Izne@2x.png

I have the same issue with Regal that some of you guys have with AMC. The Regal isn't that nice.

They do hace a nice Cinemark

Moviepass may survive. It just won be as good as it was when it first came out.

They're gonna be fine.

I think a lot of people will start canceling. Especially if they continue doing that peak pricing.

Wait wait, so is MI:6 never going to available through MoviePass or will I just have to wait 2 weeks?

I mean yeah I can always do the ticket exchange but I just want some clarification because AMC is looking better and better but I've already paid up til like January for MP through the Costco deal

The issue is that after it's available in two weeks it might still be peak pricing.

Yeah I haven't had to deal with peak pricing yet but from what everyone is saying; it sucks something awful.

I just got an email from the CEO basically apologizing for the huge ****-up that was this past weekend but very little beyond that. Promises about being more transparent in their dealings and more proactive in communicating with their user base mean very little after changing the terms of service 5-6 times.

Time to ride this wave til it crashes I guess.

Nah, Movie Pass is done. They did a reverse stock-split and their stock price still tanked. Anyone who knows about finance knows that they're on life support. I give them another 6 months.

If you think they have another 6 months, what makes you think they wont make it pass that with these changes that saved them a ton of money. And especially when the 1 year subscribers are almost done? I believe they will be fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180731-214622.png
    Screenshot_20180731-214622.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 14

atlas_N1Tu4Izne@2x.png

That's the number of screens, not number of theaters.

There's over 600 AMC Theaters in the U.S..

If you think they have another 6 months, what makes you think they wont make it pass that with these changes that saved them a ton of money. And especially when the 1 year subscribers are almost done? I believe they will be fine.

Sharea in their company are practically worthless at this point. Also, many people in the industry were skeptical of their business model in the first place. $10 a month is too good to be true and unsustainable. The changes they're making now only bear that out. The literally ran out of money over the weekend and had to go deeper in the hole to continue operating.

I think that there subscriber base is going to plummet with a price increase and the two week wait for new releases. I'm not Clairvoyant, I don't know for a fact that they're going to fail but all the telltale signs of a failing company are there.

Last edited:
Parent company is only worth $800k at this point and getting cut almost in half every day the past few days. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom