MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

What I really dont get is MP sold themselves as a service you can use to see movies daily.

With not seeing movies more than once and randomly blocking movies the idea that you can open the app and every movie is blocked out is pure bull ****.

To me that alone is a means to sue. They renegged on their promise cuz you basically can't watch and different movie everyday.

No need for me to cancel since I’m on the yearly plan. I have until November.
Yeah, looks like none of these new rules affect yearly users.

Riding this out til Dec. I wanted to re-up for a 2nd year to be satisfied but if all that peak **** shows up I'm out.

Last edited:
Just used amc a list tonight to see equalizer 2. Didn’t take my wallet, but apparently you have to show your id when getting your ticket scanned. He let me in though so no issues really. Guess that’s their way of not letting you buy tickets for other people. Makes sense.

Just used amc a list tonight to see equalizer 2. Didn’t take my wallet, but apparently you have to show your id when getting your ticket scanned. He let me in though so no issues really. Guess that’s their way of not letting you buy tickets for other people. Makes sense.

Yup you need i.d

Has anyone NOT taken a pic of their movie ticket? I'm thinking of just using MP for Mission Impossible and not taking a pic of the ticket.

Just sign up for notifications on advancescreenings.com Literally free movies. I saw Dawn of Justice, Spiderman Homecoming, and a bunch of movies like, 2 weeks early for free from it.

I have notifications for Advancescreenings too, you have to act FAST. And a lot of the different sites shares links, but i have "won" about 20 screenings only went to about 5 in total. But I did win an Apple Watch when I won tickets to see Den of Thieves.

I give MP until end of September. For me and my girl (we both cancelled yesterday) but again in the morning the movies are there, but when I get off work all movies are gone. Even if I wanted to see Mama Mia, the movie is not even there after 4 - 5pm.

Also, does anyone know why Mission Impossible is available on E-Ticketing, but not regular tickets? I haven't heard what is the difference between getting Mission Impossible on E-Tickets than Mission Impossible regular check in. MoviePass will still have to pay for the ticket...

streetballer23 streetballer23 it's because their line of credit is still good for e-ticketing. The way things are going, who knows how long that's going to last.

What I really dont get is MP sold themselves as a service you can use to see movies daily.

With not seeing movies more than once and randomly blocking movies the idea that you can open the app and every movie is blocked out is pure bull ****.

To me that alone is a means to sue. They renegged on their promise cuz you basically can't watch and different movie everyday.

They're definitely going to get a class action filed against them the way they have constantly changed terms of service and have had to issue refunds for outages

I'm sure they're screwing up refunds with people canceling

They made no mentioned of a peak pricing once a month refund either

Just sign up for notifications on advancescreenings.com Literally free movies. I saw Dawn of Justice, Spiderman Homecoming, and a bunch of movies like, 2 weeks early for free from it.

I'm good off advance screenings man. Gotta wait in line early af on weekdays to get in. And its some CHARACTERS that are going to these showings. Not worth it for me :lol:

yah reserved seating and going to empty theaters on days i usually don't go thanks to MP has me spoiled

i've done those early screenings back then, even those that give you 410 if seated and it's north it standing there in line

i usually go in the theater a minute or two before the previews start, hell when i know the theater will show 17 trailers, i try to get in there 10-15 min after the supposed start time :lol:

yah reserved seating and going to empty theaters on days i usually don't go thanks to MP has me spoiled

i've done those early screenings back then, even those that give you 410 if seated and it's north it standing there in line

i usually go in the theater a minute or two before the previews start, hell when i know the theater will show 17 trailers, i try to get in there 10-15 min after the supposed start time :lol:

tenor.gif

A human who doesnt watch the previews? I am shooketh. Baffled. Confused.

Due to mp, the frequency I go to the movies, I've watched most of the trailers already. Try to catch one or two now. Before mp, I'd always go early to not miss the trailers.
Went to watch MI in mx4d, trailers ran for 35 min. Also there weren't any 3D trailers :smh:

i blatantly walk in exactly 30 min before the scheduled showtime which is right when the previews usually end lol

That's one thing with going a lot. Trailers started to annoy me. I got so tired of seeing the Mission Impossible trailer :lol:

I started looking at my phone to determine how long the trailers lasted and realizing I had 20 minutes.

I try to get at the movie theater at the show time. Stay in concessions for about 10 mins, then watch about 3 previews.

Saw MI 6 Monday, Teen Titans last night thru e tickets

Planned to go every day this week, but I can’t find a unfriended or 8 grade screening

MoviePass Pays Back Emergency Loan, Touts “Power At The Box Office”; Stock Continues Its Swan Dive
by Dade Hayes August 1, 2018 1:15pm
moviepass-featured.jpg

UPDATED with closing stock price. Sorry, haters, MoviePass has a bit more to say.

Its parent company, Helios & Matheson Analytics, filed a very brief 8-K with the SEC this morning but it wasn’t the kind of gloom and doom the company has trafficked in lately. Today’s update said the company has already paid back the $6.2 million it borrowed from Hudson Bay Capital Management to ease a cash crunch during the opening weekend of Mission: Impossible – Fallout. Earlier filings had noted that the lender could have demanded $3.1 million in repayment starting today.

The small dose of not-terrible news did not stop the free-fall of Helios & Matheson stock, which ended the session down 54% at a shade less than 23 cents.

Also today, the company put out a press release whose title may have more than a few Hollywood vets doing spit-takes with their morning coffee: “MoviePass Leverages Its Power At the Box Office.” In it, CEO Mitch Lowe insists that the company wants to be “a positive force in Hollywood.”

moviepass-logo.jpg

The release cites NRG data that the company says is proof of the clout of its 3 million members. A major caveat applies, though: The survey data is from spring and early summer — before this week’s extreme makeover of the service that will sharply limit access to popular, wide-release films while hiking monthly prices 50% to $15 a month.

The apples-and-oranges sample data shows that subscribers see movies they wouldn’t normally see in theaters, and recommend more movies to friends. Plus, 70% of the MoviePass flock told NRG that they are more likely to see a film even if it has a low Rotten Tomatoes score. NRG cited the bump MoviePass has provided to a range of titles, from specialty films like RBG and Blindspotting to wide releases such as Tag and The First Purge. It also said subscribers return to see the same movie at a rate up to 10 times that of the general moviegoing population.

“Through our one short year of incredible growth, we’ve learned a few key points about the film industry,” said Mitch Lowe CEO of MoviePass. “We are able to create immense value with our film partners by driving traffic to their films and effectively increasing the valuation of their films on the back-end deals they create. Not only do we want to provide an amazing deal for our subscribers but we also want to be a positive force in Hollywood.”

Tech entrepreneur Elon Musk, meanwhile, does not quite have that same sunny outlook. Musk, who has launched daring experiments in electric vehicles, roof tiles and rocket ships and who raced to Thailand with a plan to rescue the boys trapped in a cave with a custom-designed submarine, said MoviePass was beyond saving. Here’s his exchange with a Twitter user, as MoviePass continues to trend:

Untitled.png

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamos/...pass-going-out-of-business-sale/#2fba774f1aa3

I still laugh at the thought of them selling merch while losing millions :rofl:

i remember this, MP was feeling c*cky :lol:

When AMC Theatres announced their own Stubs A-List subscription service, MoviePass decided that it would post combative and sarcastic social media posts, one of which thanked AMC for “making us look good,” quite a claim by a company watching its stock drop 70% per day.

is this sh*t down again?

movies are gone from the list and it's random on which movie is available in each theater, like one theater only has teen titans available for one showtime and then another theater only has mamma mia with two showtimes and then another theater only has jurassic world which is blocked because i saw it already

i logged out and when I logged in it tells me i am switching device and it'll lock me on this one for 30 days but it really reset nothing, movies are still missing

anyone else dealing with this bs right now?

No issues here, just checked in and purchased for leave no trace. Most nearby theaters have all showing, obviously except MI.

Back
Top Bottom