MTV The Challenge season 27: Bloodlines Fall/Winter 2015

The cast for the next Challenge (not sure how legit this is but looks like RW/RR people are becoming extinct)

http://starcasm.net/archives/338344

It's legit. Vevmo had the cast months ago, including info on a replacement. Just don't scroll too far because there are elimination spoilers.

http://vevmo.com/forums/challenge-fall-2015-cast-and-eliminations-spoilers

As for lack of RW/RR people, keep in mind that half the Challenge casts were RR people, and that show hasn't been on the air since 2007. That's almost a decade. They have to have more than just RW casts to recruit from. Think of it as AYTO replacing RR for the talent pool. I mean, they could reboot RR, but then ya'll would just complain about the new people from that because they're not old school people. Nostalgia is nice and everything, but Bunim/Murray has been smart about increasing the talent pool and developing new rivalries and factions.

This season has been great so far, and a Rivals season with all these new folks is going to be good. Also, can't wait to watch the Ashley train wreck.
I know they didn't want to do it and probably would suck but it would've been pure entertainment if they managed to get the cast of Jersey Shore on the Challenge :lol:

I remember I was tight they cancelled RR. The format had more moving parts but it really just was RW in a RV :lol:

I know they didn't want to do it and probably would suck but it would've been pure entertainment if they managed to get the cast of Jersey Shore on the Challenge :lol:

I remember I was tight they cancelled RR. The format had more moving parts but it really just was RW in a RV :lol:

I don't think the JS cast involvement ever progressed beyond rumors. Plus, it was different production companies, so I'm not sure it would have worked in the first place. Would have been great, though, and MTV really missed a golden opportunity with that. Hell, they should invite those washed up C-list celebs now just to get more eyeballs on the show. We know Sitch needs the money.

The Situation arguing with Wes, Johnny, Jordan, the girls and then getting laid out by CT would be gold :lol:

Sorry forgot to mention that I tried thatalready but can't access it because I have dish and dish doesn't have access to mtv.com shows. Repped regardless

My friend she watches on her phone through the app. She doesn't have internet or cable. Could try that.

Reactions: OPM
averey :pimp:
nothing else matters.
averey :smokin

It's almost as if we're the same person.

Sorry forgot to mention that I tried thatalready but can't access it because I have dish and dish doesn't have access to mtv.com shows. Repped regardless

MTV has gotten stingy with replaying episodes or making them available on demand. I'm assuming they're doing this in a bid to increase their live viewers.

Anyhow, check your inbox.

Reactions: OPM
MTV has gotten stingy with replaying episodes or making them available on demand. I'm assuming they're doing this in a bid to increase their live viewers.

I've never been prompted to verify a cable provider on MTV.com for streaming through a browser. Through my iPad app, it will ask to confirm my provider. Then, as I said, my friend who has no Internet or cable, streams on her phone, no problem. I have no idea how it all works.

I get the part where streaming online is only possible if you have an existing cable/Internet subscription. They're protecting their revenue stream more than trying to get people to watch live.

The Situation arguing with Wes, Johnny, Jordan, the girls and then getting laid out by CT would be gold 
Would love to see CT give the Situation the Adam treatment. Would def pay to see that 
laugh.gif

I've never been prompted to verify a cable provider on MTV.com for streaming through a browser. Through my iPad app, it will ask to confirm my provider. Then, as I said, my friend who has no Internet or cable, streams on her phone, no problem. I have no idea how it all works.

I get the part where streaming online is only possible if you have an existing cable/Internet subscription. They're protecting their revenue stream more than trying to get people to watch live.
I can't even find episodes of this season on the MTV website. Can you post a link?

I don't know or remember who that Joi chick is but she fine :evil: :pimp:
How would canceling the Challenge and RW then re-airing old eps be wise? :lol: This is just something you'd like to happen man :lol:

You think that's gonna do the same ratings as a new show/season?

It wouldn't do any worse lol. It would bring back a few older viewers and bring in new & younger fans of the show just to see the contrasts in culture since the shows aired. When they did the "ThrowbackMTV" marathon a few years back, minds were blown lol

I don't blame you. The MTV website is a disaster. I just Google "MTV challenge" whenever I want to find it. First hit is always the main page for the current season.

averey :pimp:
nothing else matters.
averey :smokin

Yeah, whoever is in charge of their programming schedule is dumb as ish. They'd rather show very old episodes of ridiculousness or catfish all day instead of recent episodes of the challenge.

I don't know or remember who that Joi chick is but she fine :evil: :pimp:
How would canceling the Challenge and RW then re-airing old eps be wise? :lol: This is just something you'd like to happen man :lol:

You think that's gonna do the same ratings as a new show/season?

It wouldn't do any worse lol. It would bring back a few older viewers and bring in new & younger fans of the show just to see the contrasts in culture since the shows aired. When they did the "ThrowbackMTV" marathon a few years back, minds were blown lol
Putting reruns in a primetime slot doesn't seem smart to me at all. I think #s would tank :lol:

It's one thing to air a marathon on the weekends, it's another thing to cancel RW and just air reruns.

The other thing about reruns of old episodes is that it sounds good in theory, but then you realize how dated that stuff is. It's also pretty slow moving. I get bored watching those things. I like individuals and liked many seasons when they aired, but I have no desire to watch them over again.

I'd watch reruns. I binged a couple ofthose old seasons, they are such fun watches especially if you don't remember who won.

CT has probably the best story arc, just watching his evolution on these shoes was the best part of the binging. I'm still disappointed he gassed out on that snow mountain. Him and Diem had that win in the bag!

I'd watch reruns. I binged a couple ofthose old seasons, they are such fun watches especially if you don't remember who won.
He was talking reruns of the Real World and Road Rules seasons not the challenges or at least I don't think he meant the challenges.

The Challenges being re-aired (which was done once or twice before in a marathon on a weekend years ago) would probably get more ppl watching.

I would watch Road Rules re-runs. Loved that show. Kinda sucks that most of the RR people don't do the challenges anymore.

CT has probably the best story arc, just watching his evolution on these shoes was the best part of the binging. I'm still disappointed he gassed out on that snow mountain. Him and Diem had that win in the bag!

CT said the main reason he lost was because he was still smoking at the time and his lungs couldn't handle the climb. He quit smoking, got in even better shape and came back and dominated on Rivals II.

Putting reruns in a primetime slot doesn't seem smart to me at all. I think #s would tank :lol:

It's one thing to air a marathon on the weekends, it's another thing to cancel RW and just air reruns.

People don't watch MTV's legendary reality staples like they used to anyway, so it wouldn't be as much of a loss as people think. The personalities being casted on their shows now aren't as dynamic as they were back in the day. They pretty much settled on the winning formulas, eventually leading to these series fading away with very little fanfare. I wouldn't doubt they'll re-air past seasons once they decide to end it all anyway.

My friend she watches on her phone through the app. She doesn't have internet or cable. Could try that.

Thanks for your help!! 
smokin.gif

I would watch Road Rules re-runs. Loved that show. Kinda sucks that most of the RR people don't do the challenges anymore.
they should just reboot road rules with existing castmembers. season 1: abe, cara maria, laurel, thomas, bananas, nany, camila, tony.  the storyline of abe thinking about killing 7 people and burning an RV would be glorious
Putting reruns in a primetime slot doesn't seem smart to me at all. I think #s would tank
laugh.gif

exactly. you could just go on huluplus, if you want to see old seasons.

and with the casting mtv needs to do an all rookie challenge, the amount of wackos between skeletons, explosions, and ayto seasons could help churn out/develop more characters. some of the rookies don't get enough airtime because they are targeted so early and vets being vets dominate the screen time, than they never get a call back. 

Back
Top Bottom