MTV's The Challenge

^ not only that, bananas is the one who is clinging to the rivalry to try and stay relevant.

The finale had so many dumb things. Felt for my guy Lee Roy, carried that bum, soft squad, just to not even have a chance.

Team USA broke their thing, picked off their bags, switched people, Paulie Died, just for a 10 min penalty. Honestly what was the point of part 1 if all it got you was a 5 min head start

The finale had so many dumb things. Felt for my guy Lee Roy, carried that bum, soft squad, just to not even have a chance.

Team USA broke their thing, picked off their bags, switched people, Paulie Died, just for a 10 min penalty. Honestly what was the point of part 1 if all it got you was a 5 min head start

Forreal team U.S. almost died :lol: Then the 2nd part they almost lost if it wasn’t for a time out.

I would almost guarantee if there wasn’t a time out team U.S. would’ve won. Team U.K. was not gonna solve that.

I don’t get why all the complaints about the Day 1 time not factoring in when this has always been the norm for Finals that were actually a race.

Usually the team that got to the checkpoint on Day 1 got “better” sleeping accommodation. Then time would reset on Day 2 and they’d get a head start and whoever made it to TJ first was declared the winner.

Rivals 1 set that precedent when Wes & Kenny smoked everyone by hours. So to make it competitive they only got a head start on Day 2

I think there were at least a few finals that were aggregate time format. I can vaguely remember Mitch and his cousin finishing first, but losing out via time to Cara and Jamie.

Also, didn't they reveal some winner at the reunion for a couple? If it was just a straight up get to the finish line first formal, they wouldn't have been able to do that.

I think there were at least a few finals that were aggregate time format. I can vaguely remember Mitch and his cousin finishing first, but losing out via time to Cara and Jamie.

Those were Timed Stages Finals. The last segment they did wasn’t a flat out race of whoever got to TJ first won. It was just another stage where they then went and combined all the times of each stage. Those things weren’t really 1 big race. It was like 3-5 races they then added everything up.

If you get what I’m saying.

Finals that would fall under that would be:
Free Agents
Bloodlines
Invasions
Dirty XXX
Final Reckoning
WOTW 1

Regardless of other finals, they formatted this one horribly. They made it seem like it was a timed stages final even through the end of first day. Like what was the point of giving a penalty to the end of USA time if part one was already over and the next day the time doesn't matter?

TJ: "You can't carry the bags by hands, can't carry gurney with more than 4 people at once, can't switch players outside of checkpoints"

Zach:"Screw it, we're losing so we gonna do of all that stuff anyways. Lets Go!!"

TJ:"You broke all the rules I gave you and then some, we are adding a ten minute penalty to your time today, but don't worry tomorrow it won't matter."

And they've given out time penalties before in all of these finals. This isn't some brand new phenomenon :lol:

Just say you don't remember what has happened in the past and move on.

They have never given someone a time penalty at the end of a leg, to immediately the next day just completely negate it. If they give time penalties its either when they do aggregate times, or the way they gave the Brits penalty and making them wait for the penalty.

Talking about it happened in "all of these finals", I ain't saying time penalties are something new. I'm saying the way they did it was trash.

Yeah it didn't make much sense to me either. I wish they told us how long after the UK the US finished, because it seemed like a looong time for only a 5 minute head start for the UK.

Kam did have a point about the weight though. If the bags represented the team's weight but only 4 could carry.... I don't really get that.

bottom line that format was ***. everybody is talking about the rules US broke carrying, but didnt they complete the puzzle stage day 1 and Brits didnt? there should have been some kind of calculation there to offset everything that occurred.

Cara crying at the end was delicious though. Rogan and Dee hooking up ended up benefitting them greatly.

I know Rogan at some point just became disgusted with Dee. I know I cringed when she tried to wife him after hooking up once in like the first episode.

I thought the 5 min day two head start was bs but dont really care too much because uk won. If us had won I think it would have been a load of absolute ********.

It still bugs me that team UK just didn't do the puzzle.

Irks me more I think about it cuz I cant think of a time thats happened before and there wasn't a serious penalty. Like usually something like that would set you back to last place regardless of where the other team was.

Using that format and taking advantage of it team US could've skipped the puzzle and the eating challenge just to get and keep the lead.

All that would matter is the 2nd day purge puzzle.

I mean they tried to do the puzzle, just couldn't solve it. They got timed out same as both teams did on second day. US caught up some time because they solved it and didn't have to wait til timing out.

Maybe it was the editing, but it wasn't like they just skipped it. The US was just so far behind that even after the time out they didn't catch up.

- That final was boring. MTV be having a hard time coming up with new ideas. Let's make them run alot and do a lot of puzzles.

- My dawg Leroy need to swim and work on some puzzles.

- They always sh'n on Ninja but she was good her first season. She so damn small, she couldn't do much carrying that weight but she's good.

- Zach just b****'n through the whole thing. Y'all see when he started to tell at Kam Leroy gave him that "aight now..." and he shut it down. :lol:

-These fools was really 3-11 in challenges and won the final.

That Final was wack by the way. i miss the over top puzzles/mental challenges where teams really had a chance to catch up. These tanagrams aren't it!

Those all black pieces probably made it harder for the US to solve the puzzle, the editing got me there for a second. I thought Cara had a Rain Man moment and figured it out

Jordan went and bought himself a brunch outfit for the reunion. He busted out the Undertaker hat.

These reunions are so wack because it always turns into a Let's All Gang Up on Cara. I get Bananas is still the face of the show but he didn't need to be there. It's time to phase him out.

MTV ain't phasing out the biggest name on this show. :lol:

Bananas been providing them with great content, like him or not.

MTV ain't phasing out the biggest name on this show. :lol:

Bananas been providing them with great content, like him or not.

Bananas hasn’t done anything interesting since that season he lost to Devin in eliminatio.

All he’s been doing is losing in eliminations early since he stope that money from Sarah

He’s basically not been on the last 2 seasons

Bananas hasn’t done anything interesting since that season he lost to Devin in eliminatio.

All he’s been doing is losing in eliminations early since he stope that money from Sarah

He’s basically not been on the last 2 seasons

So?

He's still the biggest name from this whole series. It wouldn't make sense to phase him out. They're about entertainment.

So?

He's still the biggest name from this whole series. It wouldn't make sense to phase him out. They're about entertainment.

What metrics are you basing this off of?

Considering the last 2 seasons have had their best ratings in the demographics they’re looking for with Bananas being eliminated by Episode 3 in both seasons

The Bananas is a needle mover argument is baseless when there are numbers that prove otherwise

What metrics are you basing this off of?

Considering the last 2 seasons have had their best ratings in the demographics they’re looking for with Bananas being eliminated by Episode 3 in both seasons

The Bananas is a needle mover argument is baseless when there are numbers that prove otherwise

You need a metric to know Bananas brings content on this show? He is the most popular from the series. That's a fact. Now that don't mean he's the only reason people watch but there is no smart reason to phase him out. You don't phase out a popular character.

Back
Top Bottom