MTV's The Challenge

You need a metric to know Bananas brings content on this show? He is the most popular from the series. That's a fact. Now that don't mean he's the only reason people watch but there is no smart reason to phase him out. You don't phase out a popular character.
his whole schtick is getting old

haven't even watched

things got more interesting with the UK cast

He's a good villain. They want characters on these shows and he's been a staple. W/o dudes like him, CT, Wes, this show wouldn't be as popular.
Bananas, CT and Wes are the most well known Challengers by far. Having all 3 on a season definitely has people intrigued from the jump. That said, Bananas hasn't done much the past couple seasons but if Laurel had won the elim vs Ninja that would have changed the complexion of this season imo.

Also, I think the ratings are probably better because you have competitors from like 4+ shows now so you're inevitably gonna get more people to tune in.

Also, I think the ratings are probably better because you have competitors from like 4+ shows now so you're inevitably gonna get more people to tune in.

That is the biggest reason for the ratings increase IMO. The Big Brother audience especially is the biggest difference maker.

Big brother is still in the US or is that overseas only now

feel like I haven’t seen or heard about the show in the US in like 10 years

I get the argument that Johnny is needle mover for entertainment and ratings but ever since screwing over Sara he's been taking Ls.

I kinda feel that's why we saw Wes suddenly come back slowly but surely.

There's no denying CT, Johnny, and Wes are still fan favorites but the reasons for the best ratings the past few seasons is cuz they've farmed out from reality shows outside of MTV and then they opened up the show internationally and messing with overseas reality shows.

But let's not pretend any of them have produced a CT, Johnny, or Wes yet.

I mean they tried to do the puzzle, just couldn't solve it. They got timed out same as both teams did on second day. US caught up some time because they solved it and didn't have to wait til timing out.

Maybe it was the editing, but it wasn't like they just skipped it. The US was just so far behind that even after the time out they didn't catch up.
That might be it. All of that wasn't clear to me. Not that they timed out on the puzzle.

I'd say they shouldn't have max times it takes to solve any challenge in the final. Solve it or fail.

It's been cancelled in the UK a few years now.

his whole schtick is getting old

haven't even watched

things got more interesting with the UK cast

You get it.

People don't care about Johnny Bananas no more. Or else the ratings would've suffered these last couple seasons when he got booted early.

He's not even a good villain anymore.

They don't even show his toast at the start of the seasons anymore, that's how much they care about his content

They definitely had a US season earlier this year hosted by Julie Chen as usual.

Last edited:
Bananas taking up all the space in the room when he was eliminated Week 3. It's so tiresome.

Jenny looks like she's hiding a ****

When this started I was like it's a shame Wes aint there (or Turbo) when Johnny and Laurel are but really they are taking up space and so much other entertaining **** happened that didnt even involve them. They too could've just sent in videos or vidchat for like a segment.

Zach should've been there. To focus on all the wild negative **** he said that he usually does. Especially with this focus on Jordan's style and how he spreads hate.

Waiting for the Kam/Leroy/Nany beef.

Last edited:
When this started I was like it's a shame Wes aint there (or Turbo) when Johnny and Laurel are but really they are taking up space and so much other entertaining **** happened that didnt even involve them. They too could've just sent in videos or vidchat for like a segment.

You see it! He's a washed up reserve who acts like he's still an All Star starter.

Swaggy Pointless. They need someone hosting who actually watched the season and can call things out.

Laurel's so trash. Half of these people don't need to be there.

Laurel definitely ate Cara's box. They sound like Ex's up there

Ninja, if I didn’t hate her more. She really said Jordan spreads hate cause he told her to work harder. Good thing bananas called her on last year and being a hypocrite.

Back
Top Bottom