MTV's The Challenge

Oh and what about Jisellas knee, she pulled a Paul Pierce, just like Kaycee did.
1621556489017.gif

Damn, they really gifted a lot of ppl the final that didn't deserve it.

Talking about they played a good game to get there. A lot just managed to not be the worst in daily challenges and then didn't get voted in.

******* like 12 ppl are in this final. Hopefully more get eliminated along the way in the final.

Damn, they really gifted a lot of ppl the final that didn't deserve it.

Talking about they played a good game to get there. A lot just managed to not be the worst in daily challenges and then didn't get voted in.

****ing like 12 ppl are in this final. Hopefully more get eliminated along the way in the final.

To be fair, people used to coast to finals back in the day, and those team finals had a lot of people. I forget which season had literally half the cast in the final (like, 16 people). And, the teams could be completely lopsided, too (Gauntlet III, The Ruins, etc.).

My only gripe with this one is that there's only one winner, so basically you have to have some luck with partners and the checkpoints. Even then, the women are screwed because Eric has finished last at each checkpoint (not counting Derrick being DQ'd). Barring a combination of a twist, a major collapse and/or a major comeback, it's Yes (14 points) or Darrell's (13 points) to lose. The next closest guy (Mark) has 8 points. There has to be some sort of twist to makes things more interesting.

To be fair, people used to coast to finals back in the day, and those team finals had a lot of people. I forget which season had literally half the cast in the final (like, 16 people). And, the teams could be completely lopsided, too (Gauntlet III, The Ruins, etc.).

My only gripe with this one is that there's only one winner, so basically you have to have some luck with partners and the checkpoints. Even then, the women are screwed because Eric has finished last at each checkpoint (not counting Derrick being DQ'd). Barring a combination of a twist, a major collapse and/or a major comeback, it's Yes (14 points) or Darrell's (13 points) to lose. The next closest guy (Mark) has 8 points. There has to be some sort of twist to makes things more interesting.
Yeah and I didn't like those early seasons finales much then either but at least then I didn't know how better they could be until finals became individual, smaller teams, and paired. Those early battle of the seasons and RW vs. RR finals were bad. The later Gauntlets, The Island, Duels, Rivals, all got better. I didn't mind lopsided finals cuz that was usually due to politics and some luck. They did get better with that too and usually when you looked at who was in a final most earned their way there after a lengthy amount of daily challenges and eliminations.

It just seems like a weird mix to have 12 ppl in the final, only eliminate two ppl after one checkpoint, where only 1 person wins all the money.

The point system seems like an old school type format to implement that I guess gives certain competitors a chance to still win. I'd prefer they just do it based on time for each checkpoint while still switching partners for each one.

I watched The Guantlet 1 recently and that FINAL was laughable.
It wasn't even a FINAL.
I was a Daily Challenge type level and when it was done TJ was just like _____, you won!

I watched The Guantlet 1 recently and that FINAL was laughable.
It wasn't even a FINAL.
I was a Daily Challenge type level and when it was done TJ was just like _____, you won!

TJ's first season was Gauntlet 2 (Johnny Moseley hosted the first Gauntlet). The vets bet the house on the eating challenge and lost lol., so TJ was, like, "welp, that's over". The first Gauntlet is one of my favorite seasons (even with Moseley hosting), and the third sucks because Easy died in the final when it should have been a blowout (and CT's first win).

Damn, no Episode this week?
In a 2part finale on a week to week Series they took a break? Taking about trying to get 3months worth of Subs.
😂

That’s the only reason I could think of for them not to have an episode up....
Oh damn? Episode is Thursday not today, lol

Last edited:
Is now a good time to sign up for Paramount plus to binge watch all the episodes?

Ehhh, it’s still early in the app and they’re missing episodes and seasons. I only got it cause it was $50 for the year and commercial free.

I like the point system, makes it easier for women to compete and have a real shot.

I was dying when Darrell said I THINK I NEED A MEDIC.

I think I said this before but this has been my favorite Challenge in a while for a few reasons.

1. It’s crystal clear HD. It looks beautiful on my TV. Watching shows on MTV, looks like 2011. I don’t understand how they look that bad.

2. The random 90s and early 00s music. It goes along with the show perfectly.

3. The cursing is great. I know they can’t do that on MTV but hearing this show uncensored is great.

Watching this final now

:lol: @ Alton not running and pacing himself early for the race to the end of the final.

Even with the dudes being tired I still feel like a flat out race is unfair to the women for an every man and woman for themselves race with only one winner.

Outside of Easy I can see the men being the top 4.

Wouldn't have even put money on Jonna being in this point wise.

Yes just played that final part smarter than Darrell.

Aneesa did herself no favors being last with Big Easy and letting Jemmye beat her.

Last edited:
Happy with the final. Yes ran an excellent final, and is just way ahead of everyone else mentally. Darrell had a chance, and it was good to see him finish at least that close. Can't wait for Season 2. Considering they do short filming and limited episodes, they can really churn these out for a bit.

Happy with the final. Yes ran an excellent final, and is just way ahead of everyone else mentally. Darrell had a chance, and it was good to see him finish at least that close. Can't wait for Season 2. Considering they do short filming and limited episodes, they can really churn these out for a bit.
Agree Agree Agree
That ending where Jonnaa crossed and Mark saw her face and he embraced her and just said “I know I know” as she completely lost it. She killed it. Baby 7months ago. She got the perfect partners throughout. The final leg being every man/woman for themselves was definitely unfair. For KellyAnne to win the last 3 events in first and still finish tied for 3-4th, jist shows you how lopsided that final leg and it being double points, was.
Hell Jonaa and Kelly Anne really outperformed everyone, and should have taken frost and second respectively
They struck GOLD with this though.
Yes is 1000% crossing over to the other Cahallenge as well. Just glad Derrick went home after the first leg. He irks me.

Seeing Jonna finally do a final and crush it was so great. She's been through hell her entire life, and she's always been a great competitor and person. She got treated like absolute garbage (and, even less than garbage) by Zach, to the point he quit a challenge just to spite her. Have fun with that marriage, Jenna. Jonna is winning in life now. I want to see Jonna and KellyAnne forever. Great competitors.

i hope this is aneesas last showing. shes obviously not cut out for this

i wish kelly anne would have done more challenges when she was younger. she has always been underrated

Cool as hell that Yes won and said the first thing he did was pay people’s rent. Said he’s gonna give a lot more of it away.

They called Alton, Mr Trump. I’m dying. Hopefully they talk about it more.

Jimmye or whatever her name is absolutely gross.

Jisela big *** looking good, even gotta knee brace on. Holy ****, fractured fibula, torn acl and meniscus. Crazy she still did the final.

What the hell is a NFL standout? :lol:

KellyAnne is 35.

Jisela is the MVP for breaking her leg, ACL gone, torn meniscus and then finishing that elimination, then competing in the first leg of the final.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna post any vids, as there's a lot to digest, but Mark turned 50 this week and a ton of people showed out for the party. It's actually kinda fun to watch. Also, you can tell there is a lot of animosity between certain people again. They can do an entire season of All-Stars Rivals/Exes based on people from back in the day and this most recent season.

Back
Top Bottom