Much Props to Michael Irvin for standing up for marriage equality

Are we talking about other parts of the world or America?

And aren't there gays still discriminating and violating the rights of blacks today?...Where is this impetus for us to forget about all the other ills of the worlds and pick up the banner for gay empowerment all of a sudden?

Even in a world where y'all try to drag black people into every struggle and conversation about lack...this comparison stands out as being especially stupid. But the media is pushing it hardbody so the mindless crowds will nod in approval.

And aren't there gays still discriminating and violating the rights of blacks today?...Where is this impetus for us to forget about all the other ills of the worlds and pick up the banner for gay empowerment all of a sudden?

Even in a world where y'all try to drag black people into every struggle and conversation about lack...this comparison stands out as being especially stupid. But the media is pushing it hardbody so the mindless crowds will nod in approval.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

No one is saying all gay people are Saints, people should be judged by the content of their character. So if one/a few black person is an @!@hole, that should be used an excuse to deny all black people rights.

The media pushing this hardbody?

i_aint_even_mad_2.jpg

@ people acting like racists don't blame the media for liberal sentiments that promote racial equality
laugh.gif
. People tend to lack perspective on things when it doesn't affect them negatively.

No one is saying all gay people are Saints, people should be judged by the content of their character. So if one/a few black person is an @!@hole, that should be used an excuse to deny all black people rights.

The media pushing this hardbody?

i_aint_even_mad_2.jpg

@ people acting like racists don't blame the media for liberal sentiments that promote racial equality
laugh.gif
. People tend to lack perspective on things when it doesn't affect them negatively.

I said nothing about denying anyone any rights or even that gays shouldn't have the rights to marry...just that the comparison between slaves and gays is idiotic.

And i could've sworn Sarah Palin was a Politician, who is covered by the media, not a member of the media herself. Cute pic though.

I'm not blaming the media for liberal sentiment on marriage rights either. People tend to reach and jump to conclusions when dealing with an inaccurate premise, not rooted in truth.

Most people also lack the insight to see the manipulation of Black issues in the American media. Every conversation of lack is somehow linked back to African-Americans no matter how incongruent the comparisons but then when Blacks speak on their own struggle...they're pulling the race card.

Just gotta shake your head and stand firm to your culture and beliefs sometimes.

I said nothing about denying anyone any rights or even that gays shouldn't have the rights to marry...just that the comparison between slaves and gays is idiotic.

And i could've sworn Sarah Palin was a Politician, who is covered by the media, not a member of the media herself. Cute pic though.

I'm not blaming the media for liberal sentiment on marriage rights either. People tend to reach and jump to conclusions when dealing with an inaccurate premise, not rooted in truth.

Most people also lack the insight to see the manipulation of Black issues in the American media. Every conversation of lack is somehow linked back to African-Americans no matter how incongruent the comparisons but then when Blacks speak on their own struggle...they're pulling the race card.

Just gotta shake your head and stand firm to your culture and beliefs sometimes.

speaking of civil rights for blacks and homosexuality... wasn't Malcolm X about that life at one point? anyways.. How can black people be so dumb, deaf and blind not to see that discrimination is equal across the board? It's funny how for some.. one generation removed from the Civil Rights movement they forgot what their parents went through to gain forms of equality.. Yes homosexuals are being discriminated against and in certain places in the world (caribbean, mid east and africa) gays are still murdered because of it.. hey it even still happens here in the U.S. Nobody is claiming that blacks didn't have it rough.. anybody that's black or has african heritage knows that racism still occurs, %%+# our country was founded on racial superiority.. but the point is why make certain individuals go through any form of discrimination when we should be passed that.. especially black folks who went through it all so recently here in U.S... There's gay people in every society and there always has been.. actually it's estimated that roughly 10 % of most civilizations have been gay.. I'm not sure on the accuracy of that but the point is that individuals deserve Equality.. What's funny to me is that if you look at the issue on a political scale this issue actually is one of the only issues where a lot of southerners both white and black agree.... SECEDE! lol

speaking of civil rights for blacks and homosexuality... wasn't Malcolm X about that life at one point? anyways.. How can black people be so dumb, deaf and blind not to see that discrimination is equal across the board? It's funny how for some.. one generation removed from the Civil Rights movement they forgot what their parents went through to gain forms of equality.. Yes homosexuals are being discriminated against and in certain places in the world (caribbean, mid east and africa) gays are still murdered because of it.. hey it even still happens here in the U.S. Nobody is claiming that blacks didn't have it rough.. anybody that's black or has african heritage knows that racism still occurs, %%+# our country was founded on racial superiority.. but the point is why make certain individuals go through any form of discrimination when we should be passed that.. especially black folks who went through it all so recently here in U.S... There's gay people in every society and there always has been.. actually it's estimated that roughly 10 % of most civilizations have been gay.. I'm not sure on the accuracy of that but the point is that individuals deserve Equality.. What's funny to me is that if you look at the issue on a political scale this issue actually is one of the only issues where a lot of southerners both white and black agree.... SECEDE! lol

Um...the fact that that is Palin had no relevance.
laugh.gif
It was my response to your assertion that media pushing for LGBT rights. I aint even mad, the media has done worse things. Racist people have held similar grievances with the media for promoting racial harmony and other liberal agendas.

This isn't a damn competition to see who's struggle is better or worse, many people are trying to turn it into that.

laugh.gif
It was my response to your assertion that media pushing for LGBT rights. I aint even mad, the media has done worse things. Racist people have held similar grievances with the media for promoting racial harmony and other liberal agendas.

This isn't a damn competition to see who's struggle is better or worse, many people are trying to turn it into that.

LOL because they need help to conceive they don't deserve to get married? So women who take folic acid and prenatal supplements and go to doctors for help don't deserve to get married either? Before advances in medicine the infant mortality rate was abysmal and still is in many parts of the world, so getting help makes the birth somehow less meaningful?

Your reading comprehension skills leave much to be desired for.  Let me break it down for you some more champ.  What I'm saying is this, homosexual couples can produce children just within themselves, no way no how.  Heterosexual couples can, not saying all can because some have health issues, but at the end of the day between 100 heterosexual couples and 100 homosexual couples at least 1% of the heterosexual couples can make a baby while 0% of the homosexual couples can make a baby.  I say because all though homosexual couples want the same rights as heterosexual couples and want to have EQUALITY they simply don't have the same abilty between the two.  I'm not saying that means that homosexual couples are less of a people than heterosexual couples but from an equality standpoint as far as making a baby they simply can't get the job done.  Don't you think a homosexual couple would want to do the same things a heterosexual couple can do just exactly as they way they do it??

so tired of gays trying to equate their struggle to blacks. there's NO comparison.

I agree.

LOL because they need help to conceive they don't deserve to get married? So women who take folic acid and prenatal supplements and go to doctors for help don't deserve to get married either? Before advances in medicine the infant mortality rate was abysmal and still is in many parts of the world, so getting help makes the birth somehow less meaningful?

Your reading comprehension skills leave much to be desired for.  Let me break it down for you some more champ.  What I'm saying is this, homosexual couples can produce children just within themselves, no way no how.  Heterosexual couples can, not saying all can because some have health issues, but at the end of the day between 100 heterosexual couples and 100 homosexual couples at least 1% of the heterosexual couples can make a baby while 0% of the homosexual couples can make a baby.  I say because all though homosexual couples want the same rights as heterosexual couples and want to have EQUALITY they simply don't have the same abilty between the two.  I'm not saying that means that homosexual couples are less of a people than heterosexual couples but from an equality standpoint as far as making a baby they simply can't get the job done.  Don't you think a homosexual couple would want to do the same things a heterosexual couple can do just exactly as they way they do it??

so tired of gays trying to equate their struggle to blacks. there's NO comparison.

I agree.

Hilarious.

Black people being being deaf, dumb and blind to other people struggles...ok.

Bringing up gay discrimination in the Caribbean and Africa, when young Black males are STILL being murdered and enslaved at staggering rates in Haiti, Jamaica, Trinidad, Brazil and the Continent (not to mention right here in America) due to socioeconomic marginalization, vicious racism and systemic exploitation.

Lol...y'all go ahead man
laugh.gif
We're supposed to feel some type of pity in our core for this "egregious violation" of human rights (the government not allowing these well-off homosexual men get a piece of paper that says they are legally married), when our people STARVING to death, get killed by police in cold blood and dying from drinking water polluted with feces.

PULL UP Y'ALL COLLECTIVE SKIRTS. Sounding like some "My Sweet 16" kids crying because they got a E-Class Benz and not a Rolls-Royce Phantom. Discrimination ain't right but stop trying to pull the wool over the eyes of Black America, like we're stupid. The more y'all try to force the gay struggle on us, the more opposition will come from our community. We got more important things to worry about. We're not obligated to be anyone's freedom fighter, especially when no one gives a crap about us.

And if you are a Caucasian-American calling African-Americans blind to the struggles of others...
laugh.gif
....Pot, meet Kettle.

PotKettleBlack.jpg

Hilarious.

Black people being being deaf, dumb and blind to other people struggles...ok.

Bringing up gay discrimination in the Caribbean and Africa, when young Black males are STILL being murdered and enslaved at staggering rates in Haiti, Jamaica, Trinidad, Brazil and the Continent (not to mention right here in America) due to socioeconomic marginalization, vicious racism and systemic exploitation.

Lol...y'all go ahead man
laugh.gif
We're supposed to feel some type of pity in our core for this "egregious violation" of human rights (the government not allowing these well-off homosexual men get a piece of paper that says they are legally married), when our people STARVING to death, get killed by police in cold blood and dying from drinking water polluted with feces.

PULL UP Y'ALL COLLECTIVE SKIRTS. Sounding like some "My Sweet 16" kids crying because they got a E-Class Benz and not a Rolls-Royce Phantom. Discrimination ain't right but stop trying to pull the wool over the eyes of Black America, like we're stupid. The more y'all try to force the gay struggle on us, the more opposition will come from our community. We got more important things to worry about. We're not obligated to be anyone's freedom fighter, especially when no one gives a crap about us.

And if you are a Caucasian-American calling African-Americans blind to the struggles of others...
laugh.gif
....Pot, meet Kettle.

PotKettleBlack.jpg

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

laugh.gif

Seeing that there are hundreds of other "I ain't mad" pics on the net, I guess I gave you too much credit for what I thought was the slick (or not so slick) use of an anti-gay rights public figure. Whatever tho...

And if its not a competition...WHY ARE Y'ALL ALWAYS COMPARING?

Let the "gay struggle" stand on its own two feet or don't complain when the unwilling horse kicks you off its back.

3607357575_2b4461cdc1.jpg

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

laugh.gif

Seeing that there are hundreds of other "I ain't mad" pics on the net, I guess I gave you too much credit for what I thought was the slick (or not so slick) use of an anti-gay rights public figure. Whatever tho...

And if its not a competition...WHY ARE Y'ALL ALWAYS COMPARING?

Let the "gay struggle" stand on its own two feet or don't complain when the unwilling horse kicks you off its back.

3607357575_2b4461cdc1.jpg

^In ref to goldenchild9

Same types telling Black people to "get over it, that was hundreds of years ago".

No idiots that was 50 years ago.

^In ref to goldenchild9

Same types telling Black people to "get over it, that was hundreds of years ago".

No idiots that was 50 years ago.

The only people who compare racial discrimination with sexual vice discrimination are white people or those who like to believe they are white.

Most of yall picture homosexuals as a white man who happens to be gay anyway. If the majority of people fighting for there right to get married were LeAntwans and Antoine Dotsons none of you would be as passionate.

The only people who compare racial discrimination with sexual vice discrimination are white people or those who like to believe they are white.

Most of yall picture homosexuals as a white man who happens to be gay anyway. If the majority of people fighting for there right to get married were LeAntwans and Antoine Dotsons none of you would be as passionate.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I agree.

I seems like you're saying that the right to marry is conditionally based on the couples ability to reproduce though...

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I agree.

I seems like you're saying that the right to marry is conditionally based on the couples ability to reproduce though...

Ignorant members of minority groups simply want to make another minority group feel inferior to them so that they can feel better about themselves and satisfy a superiority complex. Mask it with whatever "intelligent" reasoning you like, but that's all it is. Throughout the five pages I read of this thread, I did not see a single even remotely intelligent or logically-sound argument to strengthen the argument against gay marriage rights. The most notably stupid thing I read was that somebody tried to compare allowing gays to get married to allowing polygamy, incest and pedophilia... Apples and oranges at its finest.

Good for Irvin for supporting a movement toward tolerance and acceptance of others of a different lifestyle.

Back
Top Bottom