Much Props to Michael Irvin for standing up for marriage equality

Originally Posted by foxdawg2000

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by cartune

on the marriage topic google these words... 

Bigamy

Incest

[font=verdana, sans-serif,]Marriage of Convenience[/font]

[font=verdana, sans-serif,]
[/font]

[font=verdana, sans-serif,]Open Marriage/Open Relationship[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

800px-Incesto.PNG
[/font]

[/font]

heyyyy theres ^ even a link to a map for you .. and if you look real close and you understand how to read a map's legend you can see that your beloved USA (in the red) is one of these countries with marraige laws inciting discrimination up until 2011... 
happy.gif

[/font]

So therefore there must be quite the connection between gay marriage and Incest and Polygamy

So when defending gay marriage is no longer the flavor of the month do we start defending incest? Why not? 2 consenting adults... their lives dont bother yours and so what their kids might end up messed up atleast they..........
Alabama St. education right here. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Alabama indeed...
it's funny to me how people try and equate marriage with some type of high moral standard... Why do you care what other people do anyways ? I don't even see marriage as a necessity personally but that doesn't mean that we should legally forbid those that would like to do so because some people are so ingrained with religion that their "inner Jesus" wouldn't approve..Did Jesus say marriage is between a man and woman only? really ? he made that direct quote?  it's funny how you christians are so glued to Christ but refuse to even realize what he suppossedly stood for and stood by...ACCEPTANCE..... What's also funny to me growing up in the south as a bi racial kid was how so many black folks cling to their judgmental religion and homophobia but cry about being discriminated against by every white person on earth.. Wake up... It wasn't right that black folks  got the short end of the stick for a lonnnnnnnng time in this country(no pun intended). yes it isn't right that gay folks are now getting the short end of the stick now (or long end lol).. and no incest isn't the same as same sex marriage because incest can cause genetic defects in  human beings..... same sex marriage is destructive? Let's get out of our grand daddy's way of thinking and leave the mental plantation.. don't equate apples to oranges then go drink lemonade and claim they all taste the same.. doesn't work here...polygamy dude? be serious.. well How about marrying animals? SMH.. grow up..It's funny to me how you try to make a positive thread and one or two dudes uncomfortable in their own skin have to prove why progress is so difficult and education is so undervalued....jersey shore, quarter pounders and church on sunday
roll.gif

What exactly are you saying? Why do you think Im christian? Why do you assume Im against gay marriage? Im for marriage equality FOR EVERYONE 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Bigamy

Incest

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

800px-Incesto.PNG
[/font]

[/font]

heyyyy theres ^ even a link to a map for you .. and if you look real close and you understand how to read a map's legend you can see that your beloved USA (in the red) is one of these countries with marraige laws inciting discrimination up until 2011... 
happy.gif

[/font]

So therefore there must be quite the connection between gay marriage and Incest and Polygamy

So when defending gay marriage is no longer the flavor of the month do we start defending incest? Why not? 2 consenting adults... their lives dont bother yours and so what their kids might end up messed up atleast they..........
Alabama St. education right here. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Alabama indeed...
it's funny to me how people try and equate marriage with some type of high moral standard... Why do you care what other people do anyways ? I don't even see marriage as a necessity personally but that doesn't mean that we should legally forbid those that would like to do so because some people are so ingrained with religion that their "inner Jesus" wouldn't approve..Did Jesus say marriage is between a man and woman only? really ? he made that direct quote?  it's funny how you christians are so glued to Christ but refuse to even realize what he suppossedly stood for and stood by...ACCEPTANCE..... What's also funny to me growing up in the south as a bi racial kid was how so many black folks cling to their judgmental religion and homophobia but cry about being discriminated against by every white person on earth.. Wake up... It wasn't right that black folks  got the short end of the stick for a lonnnnnnnng time in this country(no pun intended). yes it isn't right that gay folks are now getting the short end of the stick now (or long end lol).. and no incest isn't the same as same sex marriage because incest can cause genetic defects in  human beings..... same sex marriage is destructive? Let's get out of our grand daddy's way of thinking and leave the mental plantation.. don't equate apples to oranges then go drink lemonade and claim they all taste the same.. doesn't work here...polygamy dude? be serious.. well How about marrying animals? SMH.. grow up..It's funny to me how you try to make a positive thread and one or two dudes uncomfortable in their own skin have to prove why progress is so difficult and education is so undervalued....jersey shore, quarter pounders and church on sunday
roll.gif

What exactly are you saying? Why do you think Im christian? Why do you assume Im against gay marriage? Im for marriage equality FOR EVERYONE 
happy.gif

Many homosexuals can and do have children using surrogates/donor=Continuity of life (yes believe it or not we don't live in the 1800s and this is possible)
Many homosexuals adopt children abandoned by heterosexuals-assists in the continuation of human life

So in other words for the examples you provided above regarding homosexuals...........they need help.  No doubt.

Many heterosexuals give birth to homosexuals--by your way of thinking those parents are not deserving of marriage or equal treatment and neither are parents who choose to forgo having children.

I never said that and that's a horrible assumption on your part champ, just horrible. 

No one is forcing the Church to acknowledge marriage, the fight is for same sex marriages to be recognized "legally".

Doesn't a civil union give same sex couples these rights and recognizes them as well??

As of now where? Are you not aware of the changes going on in the world? What is the authority you're referring to when you're claiming this definition of marriage is the accepted one? Dictionary definitions from Webster? Thesaurus.com?

Meaning NATIONWIDE.  There are only a few states that will recognize and perform gay marriage.  As of now, it's not nationwide, so as of now marriage as we define it or know it to be nationwide it between a man and a woman. 

Many homosexuals can and do have children using surrogates/donor=Continuity of life (yes believe it or not we don't live in the 1800s and this is possible)
Many homosexuals adopt children abandoned by heterosexuals-assists in the continuation of human life

So in other words for the examples you provided above regarding homosexuals...........they need help.  No doubt.

Many heterosexuals give birth to homosexuals--by your way of thinking those parents are not deserving of marriage or equal treatment and neither are parents who choose to forgo having children.

I never said that and that's a horrible assumption on your part champ, just horrible. 

No one is forcing the Church to acknowledge marriage, the fight is for same sex marriages to be recognized "legally".

Doesn't a civil union give same sex couples these rights and recognizes them as well??

As of now where? Are you not aware of the changes going on in the world? What is the authority you're referring to when you're claiming this definition of marriage is the accepted one? Dictionary definitions from Webster? Thesaurus.com?

Meaning NATIONWIDE.  There are only a few states that will recognize and perform gay marriage.  As of now, it's not nationwide, so as of now marriage as we define it or know it to be nationwide it between a man and a woman. 

Cartune, you were mocking someone?! Gotdamn, you need to spell that out a little better next time. Impossible to discern. My bad.

Cartune, you were mocking someone?! Gotdamn, you need to spell that out a little better next time. Impossible to discern. My bad.

If gays can get married, why cant I have more than 1 wife (legally), and why can't i marry my second or third cousin (legally).

Originally Posted by Deuce King

LOL because they need help to conceive they don't deserve to get married? So women who take folic acid and prenatal supplements and go to doctors for help don't deserve to get married either? Before advances in medicine the infant mortality rate was abysmal and still is in many parts of the world, so getting help makes the birth somehow less meaningful?

Stop tryna play it off like that wasn't what you were implying. Our original argument was about what homosexuals can't do, and why such and such makes heterosexual couplings any less deserving of marriage than others. I provided proof of holes in logic in your way of thinking. My assumptions are going along with what is implied in your assertions. I went along with the continuity of life argument and found a flaw in it and you tried to play it off.

The bottom line is homosexuals can have children is they want to, and have many ways of doing so. And if your argument was about continuity of genes I provided examples of that but i suspect it was beyond your scope of understanding so I'm not surprised you left that out.
laugh.gif

Some people in this country would be better off living in less progressive nations like Iran.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

If gays can get married, why cant I have more than 1 wife (legally), and why can't i marry my second or third cousin (legally).

LOL because they need help to conceive they don't deserve to get married? So women who take folic acid and prenatal supplements and go to doctors for help don't deserve to get married either? Before advances in medicine the infant mortality rate was abysmal and still is in many parts of the world, so getting help makes the birth somehow less meaningful?

Stop tryna play it off like that wasn't what you were implying. Our original argument was about what homosexuals can't do, and why such and such makes heterosexual couplings any less deserving of marriage than others. I provided proof of holes in logic in your way of thinking. My assumptions are going along with what is implied in your assertions. I went along with the continuity of life argument and found a flaw in it and you tried to play it off.

The bottom line is homosexuals can have children is they want to, and have many ways of doing so. And if your argument was about continuity of genes I provided examples of that but i suspect it was beyond your scope of understanding so I'm not surprised you left that out.
laugh.gif

Some people in this country would be better off living in less progressive nations like Iran.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Irvin now believes the African-American community should support marriage equality.

5922543e67b91a0e43e26814f2554b0991b3088.jpg

As a former history teacher you have to be pretty ignorant as an african-american to be against same sex marriage and not realize that the same types of discriminatory laws were in place less than a half century ago towards us

With that being said I can see why your a FORMER history teacher.  You might want to brush up on your history a little bit more champ if you believe the two even come close to being the same.
so tired of gays trying to equate their struggle to blacks. there's NO comparison. have gays been kidnapped and enslaved because of their sexuality? told they couldn't vote/get an education/travel/use a restroom etc. because they are gay? stop the madness already.  

Irvin now believes the African-American community should support marriage equality.

As a former history teacher you have to be pretty ignorant as an african-american to be against same sex marriage and not realize that the same types of discriminatory laws were in place less than a half century ago towards us

With that being said I can see why your a FORMER history teacher.  You might want to brush up on your history a little bit more champ if you believe the two even come close to being the same.
so tired of gays trying to equate their struggle to blacks. there's NO comparison. have gays been kidnapped and enslaved because of their sexuality? told they couldn't vote/get an education/travel/use a restroom etc. because they are gay? stop the madness already.  

Originally Posted by JimiLebowski

Gay marriage is a monogamous relationship lets keep that in mind, so there are no added advantages in comparison to a heterosexual marriage. I agree that polygamy should be recognized (on paper)....however I don't think this should come with added benefits. 

Do you genuinely want to marry your third cousin, show me a significant following of people who are willing to fight for their right to marry their cousins and I would support it. Doesn't affect me in any way.

Before people bring up animals and children-the answer is consent which children and animals cannot provide.

Gay marriage is a monogamous relationship lets keep that in mind, so there are no added advantages in comparison to a heterosexual marriage. I agree that polygamy should be recognized (on paper)....however I don't think this should come with added benefits. 

Do you genuinely want to marry your third cousin, show me a significant following of people who are willing to fight for their right to marry their cousins and I would support it. Doesn't affect me in any way.

Before people bring up animals and children-the answer is consent which children and animals cannot provide.

Well then you should've stopped at man and women. Your religious definition is not the nationwide standard. I can see your one of those types that'll keep hanging on to the fact that the majority falls in your favor for now and hold on to it until you lose.

well my friend I'd hate to be that dude to sit you down and teach you something today but YES.. the similarities are ever so striking.. being from VA/DC/MD area as your sig says you'd think that the whole slavery/inequality issue would ring a bell considering for a long time in this country's history VA was the slavery capital of the "south"...

on the marriage topic google these words...
[h1]Anti-miscegenation laws...[/h1] or i could do so for you because it seems you like to talk before you read....

anti-miscegenation laws[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)], also known as [/color]miscegenation laws[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)], were laws that enforced [/color]racial segregation[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] at the level of marriage and intimate relationships by [/color]criminalizing[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] [/color]interracial marriage[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] and sometimes also sex between members of two different "[/color]races[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"[/color]

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...ile:US_miscegenation.svg

heyyyy theres ^ even a link to a map for you .. and if you look real close and you understand how to read a map's legend you can see that your beloved VA (in the red) was one of these states with marraige laws inciting discrimination up until close to 1967...

As a matter of fact Virginia even had a supreme court case on the ruling ( I'm going to give you homework now)

Look up....
[h4]Loving v. Virginia
[/h4]
Therefore, SENOR smarta** there is quite the connection to discrimination based on race in comparison to discrimination based on sexual orientation..

Yay..... I'm not a teacher anymore but one more misguided youth mad at his daddy learned a valuable lesson today..... by the way your term paper is due manana ..

class is dismissed

Bigamy

Incest

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

800px-Incesto.PNG
[/font]

[/font]

happy.gif

[/font]

Dont forget to bring up bestiality

well my friend I'd hate to be that dude to sit you down and teach you something today but YES.. the similarities are ever so striking.. being from VA/DC/MD area as your sig says you'd think that the whole slavery/inequality issue would ring a bell considering for a long time in this country's history VA was the slavery capital of the "south"...

on the marriage topic google these words...
[h1]Anti-miscegenation laws...[/h1] or i could do so for you because it seems you like to talk before you read....

anti-miscegenation laws[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)], also known as [/color]miscegenation laws[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)], were laws that enforced [/color]racial segregation[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] at the level of marriage and intimate relationships by [/color]criminalizing[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] [/color]interracial marriage[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] and sometimes also sex between members of two different "[/color]races[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"[/color]

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...ile:US_miscegenation.svg

heyyyy theres ^ even a link to a map for you .. and if you look real close and you understand how to read a map's legend you can see that your beloved VA (in the red) was one of these states with marraige laws inciting discrimination up until close to 1967...

As a matter of fact Virginia even had a supreme court case on the ruling ( I'm going to give you homework now)

Look up....
[h4]Loving v. Virginia
[/h4]
Therefore, SENOR smarta** there is quite the connection to discrimination based on race in comparison to discrimination based on sexual orientation..

Yay..... I'm not a teacher anymore but one more misguided youth mad at his daddy learned a valuable lesson today..... by the way your term paper is due manana ..

class is dismissed

Bigamy

Incest

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

800px-Incesto.PNG
[/font]

[/font]

happy.gif

[/font]

Dont forget to bring up bestiality

Well then you should've stopped at man and women. Your religious definition is not the nationwide standard. I can see your one of those types that'll keep hanging on to the fact that the majority falls in your favor for now and hold on to it until you lose.

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

why won't blacks stop bickering about whose struggle was worst and actually be productive by helping out their fellow man/woman that's going through similar struggles (regardless of whose was x times worst)

and the comparison is flawed due to the huge gap between the 2 time periods.  if homosexuality was as prominent and public during the same time period of discrimination for blacks, then both parties would be in the same boat, in the same restrooms, using the same water fountains.  bigotry and ignorance is blind.  it's not going to favor homosexuality over skin color, and if you're black and homosexual, it won't make you twice as bad.

it's not bragging rights about who had it worst, it's the bragging rights to be able to say, "we worked together, and we were able to overcome ignorance and close-mindedness"

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

why won't blacks stop bickering about whose struggle was worst and actually be productive by helping out their fellow man/woman that's going through similar struggles (regardless of whose was x times worst)

and the comparison is flawed due to the huge gap between the 2 time periods.  if homosexuality was as prominent and public during the same time period of discrimination for blacks, then both parties would be in the same boat, in the same restrooms, using the same water fountains.  bigotry and ignorance is blind.  it's not going to favor homosexuality over skin color, and if you're black and homosexual, it won't make you twice as bad.

it's not bragging rights about who had it worst, it's the bragging rights to be able to say, "we worked together, and we were able to overcome ignorance and close-mindedness"

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Another parallel that can be drawn from other civil rights struggles, including that of African Americans. Progress is inevitable, I foresee some of these NTers becoming salty prejudiced old men who reminisce on the past when %@%$! knew their place. Sounds familiar don't it?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Another parallel that can be drawn from other civil rights struggles, including that of African Americans. Progress is inevitable, I foresee some of these NTers becoming salty prejudiced old men who reminisce on the past when %@%$! knew their place. Sounds familiar don't it?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Gay marriage is a monogamous relationship lets keep that in mind, so there are no added advantages in comparison to a heterosexual marriage. I agree that polygamy should be recognized....however I don't think this should come with added benefits.

Eh, people fighting for the right to marry within their family is probably hard to come by. However the idea has been going on for thousands of years, heavily within royal families. Even one of my heroes Einstein married his cousin. I suppose it's just more accustom to European countries and other countries outside of the United States. 
United States is about as backwards as "ssirk ssork" on a lot of issues. 

Back
Top Bottom