My friend: "black people could have equality and opportunity today; all they do is complain/settle"

All black people do is Smoke Weed, Listen to Jay-Z, Drink beer, have bar-b-q's, have kids and run fast.

That about it.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Originally Posted by i3allistic

i aint black, but i kinda of agree....black people wasnt the only one use as slave, the chinese and native american were also used as slave.

Native Americans still haven't rebound. How many Native Americans have you seen lately? Black people suffer alot from what white people have dealt us in the past. Black people are in a black hole by being in the ghetto and it keeps a lot of them stuck in there. Its only been like 50 years since they were throwing rocks at us for going to their schools.

dude, i aint black...but i was raise up in the ghetto sunnydale project in san francisco, with the blacks and somoian...im asian..viet/chinese to be exact, iuse to be one of a hand full of none black kids in my school....my parent move us out of the project because they work 6 days a week 12 hr days ....soo dontgive me that ur raise in the ghetto u cant get out the ghetto...i still bump into old school friend that move out of the ghetto.

Native American, i had a former roommate who was a native american when i was serving in the marine corp. ....he was from New Mexico, dude even admit...hispeople are all drunks and refuse to get jobs they rather milk the government...not saying it all natvie american do that.

I agreed with dude friend, cuz u can't always use an excuses over and over, sometime u gotta move forward and stop looking in the pass...no one gonna giveu anything in life without u working ur butt off ....just sad that its harder for people because the color of our skin, yes that stuff still exist and itsstupid....

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

a black person will have to work twice as hard to reap the same gains as any white person.
this is one of the most ridiculous statements ive ever seen on NT ...

Oh really?? Explain why a black man with the same qualifications, similar education can apply for a job, but often lose out to a white candidate. It has be researched and proven.
Not doubting you. Just time for you to hit me up with some scholarly journals with said research.

A lot of people use excuses. Black people included. It's nothing new. This is the type of person society has bred.

Originally Posted by Jules300

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

My answer is: Do you know anyone still alive that was involved with slavery?

Yup my great grandmother and great grandfather ur argument has failed
wow, so that makes them at least143 years old

Your argument has failed, sir.

Coming from the projects and moving out, I think it all starts with family. If your family is supportive and plants seeds of growth into youth's minds, thechild could grow up and be anything he or she wishes to be with hard work and discipline. There are of course set backs and unfairness to the rules. I alsohate a ghetto mentality. The ghetto is no holding people there, the people's minds are keeping them there. You are only as strong as your mind limits.

Are black people oppressed?

In 2008, blacks can legally do anything the whites can do. There was a time where oppression played a major factor in our society, but how long will peoplehold onto the grudge and continue to use it as an excuse to justify their short comings? Some people just have this paranoid mind set where everyone is out toget them. Get real.

My thing is this, there's always going to be racial tension/racism, but we've made progress people. Stop whining.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

a black person will have to work twice as hard to reap the same gains as any white person.

Oh really?? Explain why a black man with the same qualifications, similar education can apply for a job, but often lose out to a white candidate. It has be researched and proven.
Not doubting you. Just time for you to hit me up with some scholarly journals with said research.

A lot of people use excuses. Black people included. It's nothing new. This is the type of person society has bred.

http://findarticles.com/p...mi_qn4158/is_/ai_n9675595 First thing that popped upwhen I searched google. There have been many studies showing the discrepancies between white applicants and black applicants. There was a 60 minuites piece ancouple years ago. Just to clear the air, I am in no way making excuses for the shortcomings of some people. There has been progress made, but many people areblinded by the fact that we could have a black president. That does not excuse the uneven playing ground that has been laid upon us all. Look around you. It isall in plain sight. To a degree, it depends on the individual, but you can't beat a royal flush with only two pair.

Originally Posted by ShaunJon

wow, so that makes them 143 years old
Wow. People trying to lie to keep using slavery as an excuse. Shame on anyone alive today who tries that. It was 150 years ago. 150!

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

we black people cant keep blaming slavery for all our problems tho

Im not blaming it for all my problems. But something like that never goes away. So in 100 years are you gonna go up to an american and say The attacks on 9/11 is a tired and old excuse for something. Is the genocide in Darfur also gonna be a tired and old excuse in a few hundred years?
What about the Mexican people? (Which I am by the way) Wasnt Texas taken from the Mexican people? Our people still slave till this day.
tired.gif
How do think you live in the house you live in! Streets you live on. Themajority of construction is done by hispanics at like Super minimum wage. Thats some slave work for you. Our people used to pick cotton too by theway!!!
grin.gif
We never complain about stuff that happened a century ago, HELL,we dont complain about the 13 hour shift we pulled yesterday for minimum wage and a couple of tacos. For the record, I love black people. I grew up in a blackneighborhood, plus my wife is black and we have a kid together. I'm just tired of hearing that excuse. Im jus sayin tho

Slavery plays apart in what goes on today,yes its over but we have a judicial system that has taken its place, thats unfair and unbalanced.A felony,a trial,ajury of his peers(bs) for a young black male today is just as lethal as a man hunt,a capture,and a hunging.The faces have changed,the attitudes are the samebut most important the system is still the same.

Native Americans still haven't rebound. How many Native Americans have you seen lately?
And Native Americans wont rebound because of?right ,almost for reason why another group cant all get over that hump.There are native americansstill around but so deluded,poluteded and americanize most cant even truelly Native americans,which is a whole nother subject.
Why even bring up native americans?we are talking about african americans,not asians,not native americans or anyone else.

Originally Posted by mdresident

Researched by who!? Even if that was the case, Employment places with employees being majority black hire more black than whites, along withhispanics, asains, etc.. Every race does the same thing.

If you wanna argue *#% like that, why is it that my parents don't make enough money to pay for my college education, and white people such as myself arepretty much s.o.l. when it comes to getting a college scholarship?

they are still alive????
eek.gif
wow must be a record for oldestpeople alive?
And also I see plenty of Natives around what's your point?

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

wow, so that makes them 143 years old
Wow. People trying to lie to keep using slavery as an excuse. Shame on anyone alive today who tries that. It was 150 years ago. 150!

But is that really a long time? like..seriously? In the grand scheme of things...

i have personally been overlooked at a job because i was white and there was a black person hired instead ... my credentials > his credentials cuz i knewhim ... the employers response, and i quote ... "i just didnt feel you would have fit in here and there are other oppurtunities best suited for you"... so dont tell me im what society has bred yadda yadda yadda

and for the record, i was hired in another area for the same company, by a black manager and work with all black people ... my manager told me straight up thatole girl didnt think i could handle an all black environment ... i didnt whine or piss and moan, i just chalked it up to ignorance and kept it moving ... ieven removed my alldaz chain from my keyring before i walked in to that first interview, maybe if i kept it i would have been hired ...

Originally Posted by mdresident

Researched by who!? Even if that was the case, Employment places with employees being majority black hire more black than whites, along with hispanics, asains, etc.. Every race does the same thing.

If you wanna argue *#% like that, why is it that my parents don't make enough money to pay for my college education, and white people such as myself are pretty much s.o.l. when it comes to getting a college scholarship?

I'm black and went through the same thing dude. Getting a scholarship has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. You can get a rather easy scholarshipif you have the grades.. Apply to a HBCU and try to get a minority scholarship. There are ways to pay for school

WinstonDon wrote:
150 years isnt that long ago....
smh.gif

So if that's the case, look at the advancements blacks have made in such a short period of time. Cut the complaining and wait foranother 150 years to go by so more progress can be made, instead of using slavery, which you yourself have not endured, as an excuse for any of your problems.

People are never satisfied.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

i aint black, but i kinda of agree....black people wasnt the only one use as slave, the chinese and native american were also used as slave.

Native Americans still haven't rebound. How many Native Americans have you seen lately? Black people suffer alot from what white people have dealt us in the past. Black people are in a black hole by being in the ghetto and it keeps a lot of them stuck in there. Its only been like 50 years since they were throwing rocks at us for going to their schools.

dude, i aint black...but i was raise up in the ghetto sunnydale project in san francisco, with the blacks and somoian...im asian..viet/chinese to be exact, i use to be one of a hand full of none black kids in my school....my parent move us out of the project because they work 6 days a week 12 hr days ....soo dont give me that ur raise in the ghetto u cant get out the ghetto...i still bump into old school friend that move out of the ghetto.

Native American, i had a former roommate who was a native american when i was serving in the marine corp. ....he was from New Mexico, dude even admit...his people are all drunks and refuse to get jobs they rather milk the government...not saying it all natvie american do that.

I agreed with dude friend, cuz u can't always use an excuses over and over, sometime u gotta move forward and stop looking in the pass...no one gonna give u anything in life without u working ur butt off ....just sad that its harder for people because the color of our skin, yes that stuff still exist and its stupid....

You are one of the few thats why I said a lot not all. Ive learned that alot of black people will stay where they are at and never experience anything out oftheir city. Also its not slavery that has kept black people black. Its not like slavery ended and +@%! was all good and white people let black people be. Wehavent even became close to "free" till the 60s. Which was 40 years ago. Also on an education standpoint if a black kid from the hood goes to theschool in the hood he has a VERY big disadvantage from a white kid from suburbia. For on I can guarantee that that black kid will not get as high of scores onstandardized tests and also will lack all the luxuries that suburban school children get. I'm a black kid that goes to the suburbs and we get a hell of alot of luxuries academic wise compared to other schools.

FeedTheEgo1982 wrote:

Researched by who!? Even if that was the case, Employment places with employees being majority black hire more black than whites, along with hispanics, asains, etc.. Every race does the same thing.

If you wanna argue *#% like that, why is it that my parents don't make enough money to pay for my college education, and white people such as myself are pretty much s.o.l. when it comes to getting a college scholarship?

I'm black and went through the same thing dude. Getting a scholarship has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. You can get a rather easy scholarship if you have the grades.. Apply to a HBCU and try to get a minority scholarship. There are ways to pay for school

I know it doesn't have anything to do with what you said. Im saying if you want to argue people don't get hired because of their race and say it hasbeen proven, wheres your source to back that statement up? Because stuff like that happens to other races as well, for example, why its so hard for whites toget scholarships

Originally Posted by iBlink

WinstonDon wrote:
150 years isnt that long ago....
smh.gif

So if that's the case, look at the advancements blacks have made in such a short period of time. Cut the complaining and wait for another 150 years to go by so more progress can be made, instead of using slavery, which you yourself have not endured, as an excuse for any of your problems.

People are never satisfied.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom