My Gay Friends: Please stop comparing your plight to civil rights.

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Qualifying wrongs as better or worse is just as lame. Both are unjust; marriage equality is no less of a social ill than any other civil right. Make inroads to solve them instead of drawing comparisons or qualifications.

this.
so stop it already, kids.

agreed 100%.  also, i only read the first 2 pages, but gay people are most definitely killed over their orientation.  do you people not watch the local news?
laugh.gif
They have a choice tho, if they don't want to be treated unfairly or get harmed they can just hide who they are.
ohwell.gif
It's their fault for being so gay all the time.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by iYen

Why are people in this thread saying that gay people's struggle isn't as bad as the black struggle?
If we're strictly talking about America maybe that statement can be proven true but if we look at it from a worldview that statement is hogwash.
Let's look at the gay struggle in places like Nigeria, Uganda, or South Africa....basically anywhere besides the U.S.
laugh.gif
@gays got it good.
As if you've felt the same injustices that blacks in the 1800s-1950s felt.

I brought this up how gays are treated in other countries, and all I got was "but this is America though". Imbeciles
ohwell.gif

you gotta remember a good chunk of niketalk lacks the intellect to have serious conversations and debates

Why are people in this thread saying that gay people's struggle isn't as bad as the black struggle?
If we're strictly talking about America maybe that statement can be proven true but if we look at it from a worldview that statement is hogwash.
Let's look at the gay struggle in places like Nigeria, Uganda, or South Africa....basically anywhere besides the U.S.
laugh.gif
@gays got it good.

I brought this up how gays are treated in other countries, and all I got was "but this is America though". Imbeciles
ohwell.gif

you gotta remember a good chunk of niketalk lacks the intellect to have serious conversations and debates

laugh.gif
@gays got it good.

This is bull. I know homosexuals don't have it "good", but the injustices they suffer don't compare to anything African Americans have suffered in America. That "As if you suffered the same injustices" argument is idiotic and the people who usually fall back on this argument do so out of desperation (desperate to win an argument). No, we haven't suffered these injustices that are ancestors have, but I DO know that homosexuals don't have separate bathrooms, didn't experience slavery, have never had to fight for their right to vote, and are not considered 3/5's of a person.
I do hope that homosexuals win their battle for equal rights, but your whole statement is just stupid.
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
@gays got it good.
Lets be cereal as of today gay white dude's rights in New York > Black straight dude's in New York. Are we going to have cops harassing gay couples for their marriage certificates. They going to start randomly pulling them over now? 
laugh.gif
  No. Gays got it good
And of course were talking about America. The pedophile struggle is way worse in the U.S. then anywhere else in the world 
laugh.gif
 your point? Stop comparing sexuality to race. Jezus 

laugh.gif
@gays got it good.

This is bull. I know homosexuals don't have it "good", but the injustices they suffer don't compare to anything African Americans have suffered in America. That "As if you suffered the same injustices" argument is idiotic and the people who usually fall back on this argument do so out of desperation (desperate to win an argument). No, we haven't suffered these injustices that are ancestors have, but I DO know that homosexuals don't have separate bathrooms, didn't experience slavery, have never had to fight for their right to vote, and are not considered 3/5's of a person.
I do hope that homosexuals win their battle for equal rights, but your whole statement is just stupid.
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
@gays got it good.
Lets be cereal as of today gay white dude's rights in New York > Black straight dude's in New York. Are we going to have cops harassing gay couples for their marriage certificates. They going to start randomly pulling them over now? 
laugh.gif
  No. Gays got it good
And of course were talking about America. The pedophile struggle is way worse in the U.S. then anywhere else in the world 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@gays got it good.

ohwell.gif

Gays had segregated restrooms, schools, water fountains? Gays are routinely harassed by the cops for being gay? Gays are portrayed in a negative light in the media? Oh.

laugh.gif
@gays got it good.

ohwell.gif

Gays had segregated restrooms, schools, water fountains? Gays are routinely harassed by the cops for being gay? Gays are portrayed in a negative light in the media? Oh.

Originally Posted by cartune

laugh.gif
  No. Gays got it good
laugh.gif
Gays got it good?
What about the resentment they get from close minded colleagues, friends, or family?
What about gays having to hide who they really are to please people who probably don't like them at all?
What about the psychological torture of thinking that they shouldn't have been born since they're gay or convincing themselves that suicide is a good idea?

Gays that are being put in these types of situations is an injustice in itself, which is a violation of a gay person's right to live a life that doesn't break any laws.
The types of problems that gays and blacks deal with are going to inevitably vary, but there are some similarities in both of their struggles that need to be addressed.
Similarities such as the ignorance both groups receive from groups that think they are better than them, being judged or cast away for something they have no control over, and having rights they should already have withheld from them solely because of the fact that they are black or gay.

Originally Posted by Hop

eyes.gif
The injustices that blacks face today aren't as bad as the injustices gays face today in countries like Nigeria, Uganda, and South Africa.
I'm not trying to win an argument.
I'm only here to post my opinion and discuss with those willing to listen.
I'm not here to debate or straw man other people's arguments.

Why are you classifying injustices done to groups in an effort to do what?
Prove that gay's struggles and black's struggles shouldn't be compared?
What does that accomplish?

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Racism and Discrimination are two totally different and historically independent subjects and they should not be crossed.
Racism is discrimination.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

The right to bone some dude up the #%+ =/= the right to adequate school or healthcare

Take your straw men elsewhere sir.

Originally Posted by cartune

laugh.gif
  No. Gays got it good
laugh.gif
Gays got it good?
What about the resentment they get from close minded colleagues, friends, or family?
What about gays having to hide who they really are to please people who probably don't like them at all?
What about the psychological torture of thinking that they shouldn't have been born since they're gay or convincing themselves that suicide is a good idea?

Gays that are being put in these types of situations is an injustice in itself, which is a violation of a gay person's right to live a life that doesn't break any laws.
The types of problems that gays and blacks deal with are going to inevitably vary, but there are some similarities in both of their struggles that need to be addressed.
Similarities such as the ignorance both groups receive from groups that think they are better than them, being judged or cast away for something they have no control over, and having rights they should already have withheld from them solely because of the fact that they are black or gay.

Originally Posted by Hop

eyes.gif
The injustices that blacks face today aren't as bad as the injustices gays face today in countries like Nigeria, Uganda, and South Africa.
I'm not trying to win an argument.
I'm only here to post my opinion and discuss with those willing to listen.
I'm not here to debate or straw man other people's arguments.

Why are you classifying injustices done to groups in an effort to do what?
Prove that gay's struggles and black's struggles shouldn't be compared?
What does that accomplish?

Racism and Discrimination are two totally different and historically independent subjects and they should not be crossed.
Racism is discrimination.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

The right to bone some dude up the #%+ =/= the right to adequate school or healthcare

Take your straw men elsewhere sir.

^
laugh.gif
You're taking the discussion somewhere else brotha.This has nothing to do with the right to "bone some dude up the $!$".
*Allen Iverson voice*We're talking about... gay marriage... NOT THE RIGHT TO BONE SOME DUDE UP THE $!$... but gay marriage*Allen Iverson voice*
Oh and ftr... i'm actually on your side Daytona.

^
laugh.gif
You're taking the discussion somewhere else brotha.This has nothing to do with the right to "bone some dude up the $!$".
*Allen Iverson voice*We're talking about... gay marriage... NOT THE RIGHT TO BONE SOME DUDE UP THE $!$... but gay marriage*Allen Iverson voice*
Oh and ftr... i'm actually on your side Daytona.

Originally Posted by j4ck

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

That's another thing I've noticed. Some ppl crying about this comparison keep referencing all of the black ppl dying for civil rights as if this is suppose to be some pissing contest. It always stuck me as a daunting example of ignorance. Like gays can't get civil rights until they spend a century or two being hung from trees and hunted in society.

word, I'm sorry homosexuals started their struggle in a more progressive time in American society. Furthermore, black people in this country today have it way better than their ancestors.....does this mean black people today have no right to express grievances?
no it just means society is sick of black people using it to cope with personal problems... the number of times i hear black people using it as an excuse is pretty ridiculous

I'm not one of the ones who uses it as a crutch or whatever, but for every black person who you think is using that as an excuse, you can multiply that by 10000 for the amount of whites (or nieve people in general)
that act like there is no single reason to express grievances, as if nothing ever went on. I'm one of the people whose a "let's forgot but never forget" type, but there's a much larger population of nieve people who want to
erase/rewrite history in the first place. So once people stop trying to hide, tip toe and erase history, maybe black people won't have to bring it up.

Originally Posted by j4ck

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

That's another thing I've noticed. Some ppl crying about this comparison keep referencing all of the black ppl dying for civil rights as if this is suppose to be some pissing contest. It always stuck me as a daunting example of ignorance. Like gays can't get civil rights until they spend a century or two being hung from trees and hunted in society.

word, I'm sorry homosexuals started their struggle in a more progressive time in American society. Furthermore, black people in this country today have it way better than their ancestors.....does this mean black people today have no right to express grievances?
no it just means society is sick of black people using it to cope with personal problems... the number of times i hear black people using it as an excuse is pretty ridiculous

I'm not one of the ones who uses it as a crutch or whatever, but for every black person who you think is using that as an excuse, you can multiply that by 10000 for the amount of whites (or nieve people in general)
that act like there is no single reason to express grievances, as if nothing ever went on. I'm one of the people whose a "let's forgot but never forget" type, but there's a much larger population of nieve people who want to
erase/rewrite history in the first place. So once people stop trying to hide, tip toe and erase history, maybe black people won't have to bring it up.

Definition of Discrimination:

The act, practice, or instance of discriminating categorically rather than individually 

Definition of Racism:

Racial Prejudice or discrimination

Oh.

the hell 
laugh.gif

is this comment real? 

Back
Top Bottom