my latest "pickup"...I'm excited...pics inside: EDIT: NEW PICS ON PAGE 11...I got married

Originally Posted by cameltrophy24

The Perfect Man Cave...
pimp.gif

Nice house bro. The only thing that irks me is how high your TV is in your living room and that it's off center too. But then you also have a little home theater project going so I ain't even mad.

Nice house bro. The only thing that irks me is how high your TV is in your living room and that it's off center too. But then you also have a little home theater project going so I ain't even mad.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

well, that tv in the first pictures is the same one that's in the new pictures on page 8, in my entertainment room. I didn't like that tv sitting on the high mantle either. I took care of that man.
wink.gif

we have my 2nd monitor as a tv now, until we get some tax money back. it's a 32" sony up there now.

Great job with the theater, I'm impressed. I'm no audiophile but any thoughts of insulating behind the framed area with the speakers? My first thought was that it might improve the sound?

Great job with the theater, I'm impressed. I'm no audiophile but any thoughts of insulating behind the framed area with the speakers? My first thought was that it might improve the sound?

Originally Posted by DangerousG

well, that tv in the first pictures is the same one that's in the new pictures on page 8, in my entertainment room. I didn't like that tv sitting on the high mantle either. I took care of that man.
wink.gif

we have my 2nd monitor as a tv now, until we get some tax money back. it's a 32" sony up there now.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

I've got some egg crate insulation on order for back there. you are right, it does need it back there. it's insulated above the drop ceiling as well. plus the room is in the basement, with 3 of the 4 walls underground. Neighbors shouldn't be able to hear it...

I've got some egg crate insulation on order for back there. you are right, it does need it back there. it's insulated above the drop ceiling as well. plus the room is in the basement, with 3 of the 4 walls underground. Neighbors shouldn't be able to hear it...

Good to hear, I meant more for your own sound quality, who cares about the neighbors.
laugh.gif
  Just because you have a foundation wall behind it, that was why I said that.

Good to hear, I meant more for your own sound quality, who cares about the neighbors.
laugh.gif

Well done on the entertainment room... Id prefer a projector with that setup personally but that looks good.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I knew what you meant dude. I appreciate the insight. But I'm sad to say, but niketalk has been replaced with avs forums the past few weeks. i've been doing a lot of research on construction, insulation, sound deadening, acoustics, receivers, speakers...you name it. stuff is on the way.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom