My NT Brethren- Are you a good driver?

There's many reasons i disagree but, if u feel more comfortable/safer using that method then that's how it is.

But what don't you like about the pivot method?

To me, it's like using one hand in COD to aim and shoot rather than using both at the same time.

Except in COD you can aim and shoot at the same time. When you're driving, you can't brake and accelerate simultaneously.

Bruh, why do they need the whole get up?

Can you not bike in tees and shorts?

Never understood this.

Not all of em be wearing the Ned Flanders ski suits.

Actually most of em be dressed in regular clothes, a lot of people downtown bike to work/school/run errands or whatever.

Except in COD you can aim and shoot at the same time. When you're driving, you can't brake and accelerate simultaneously.
Right, but there is a delay when going from one pedal to another, it's like using two fingers on one hand, to do both when you could both hands and have near instantaneous reaction time.

Right, but there is a delay when going from one pedal to another, it's like using two fingers on one hand, to do both when you could both hands and have near instantaneous reaction time.

The exact same action and amount of pressure you use with 2 feet can be done with 1 foot.
With one foot there is pretty much 0 possibility of hitting 2 pedals at once.
There is a higher possibility of hitting both pedals if you use 2 feet.
Especially in an accident.

One crazy moment I had, must've been in a bad mood that morning but I pull into the left lane with enough room behind me on the way, going faster than him but he felt cut off I guess. Dude speeds around in front of me, and started brake checking repeatedly, then pulled off all fast. Man I tailgated that ***** for like 5 miles at high speeds. Leave people alone man.

The exact same action and amount of pressure you use with 2 feet can be done with 1 foot.
With one foot there is pretty much 0 possibility of hitting 2 pedals at once.
There is a higher possibility of hitting both pedals if you use 2 feet.
Especially in an accident.
I can do that too:

With one foot your reaction speed is slower, making you effectively a worse driver at higher speeds

You also have a higher chance of completely missing the brake in a panic situation

The time between coasting and you hitting the break is also longer than me lifting one foot and pressing down with the other

I can do that too:

With one foot your reaction speed is slower, making you effectively a worse driver at higher speeds

You also have a higher chance of completely missing the brake in a panic situation

The time between coasting and you hitting the break is also longer than me lifting one foot and pressing down with the other

Are u saying people who drive with one foot are worse drivers at higher speeds than people who use 2 feet?

Theres less to think about with one foot.

Driving using 2 feet increases the chance of accidentally braking/accelerating when you panic, which makes you more likely to get into a car accident.
"Two Footed Panic" is a thing.

Everything you pointed out I can make an argument for.
"Completely missing the brake" ?
All I'm doing is pivoting my heel. You're adding unnecessary motions.
We can go back and forth with those but there is zero argument that with your method there is much more of a chance of hitting 2 pedals at once.

Last edited:
Are u saying people who drive with one foot are worse drivers at higher speeds than people who use 2 feet?

Theres less to think about with one foot.

Driving with one foot on each pedal increases your chance of accidentally braking/accelerating when you panic, which makes you more likely to get into a car accident.
"Two Footed Panic" is a thing.

Everything you pointed out I can make an argument for.
"Completely missing the brake" ?
All I'm doing is pivoting my heel. You're adding unnecessary motions.
But there is zero argument that with your method there is much more of a chance of hitting 2 pedals at once.
Of course, there's less to think about with one foot, but there's also a slower reaction time with one foot as well. Your car has to go from accelerating to coasting to braking, someone using two feet can do that in less time than someone using one foot. That's not an opinion, that's a mathematical fact. Using two feet gives you better control over a car, with the caveat that you are good with using two feet.

As for double foot panicking that sounds bad in theory but the risk is diminished with someone experienced with using two feet.

I disagree with all that but as long as you feel comfortable and safe then that's that.

Speaking of psychopathic DMV drivers... I completely forgot I had this, but I had the unfortunate pleasure of witnessing this as I was coming back from happy hour with some coworkers a few months back :lol:

Full video that someone else captured:

im still amazed that you keep your foot above your brake pedal the entire time your driving

my knees hurt just thinking about it :lol:

Speaking of psychopathic DMV drivers... I completely forgot I had this, but I had the unfortunate pleasure of witnessing this as I was coming back from happy hour with some coworkers a few months back :lol:

Full video that someone else captured:

See!

I disagree with all that but as long as you feel comfortable and safe then that's that.
The mathematics are infallible, you are covering a greater distance when "swapping" from one pedal to the other. That will always take more time than lifting and lowering a foot.

:lol: Help me understand why folks resort to tailgating someone that they are upset with
Dudes would rather raise their risk of dying behind the wheel instead of just taking the L. I honestly don’t even get that upset with driving if someone does something stupid to me. I’ll just say a curse word, laugh for a bit and continue with my day.

The mathematics are infallible, you are covering a greater distance when "swapping" from one pedal to the other. That will always take more time than lifting and lowering a foot.

You're assuming everyone's reactions are exactly the same.

Also Swapping is pretty fast btw.
U said you have driven that was the majority of your life. That "distance " you speak of....it's super short.
The distance between the gas and break pedal is about 3 inches.
Couple that with your shoe extending out , im willing to bet the distance I have to move my foot is the same or closer than yours unless you're practically riding the brake which is ridiculous
I can touch both pedals at once with 1 foot to give u an idea of that distance
I don't even have to swap. I can just lean my foot over. I can make the distance zero

It's even tought by driving instructors to use 1 foot.

You never answered my initial question tho

What DONT you like about the pivot method

Last edited:
You're assuming everyone's reactions are exactly the same.

Also Swapping is pretty fast btw.
U said you have driven that was the majority of your life. That "distance " you speak of....it's super short.
The distance between the gas and break pedal is about 3 inches.
Couple that with your shoe extending out , im willing to bet the distance I have to move my foot is the same or closer than yours unless you're practically riding the brake which is ridiculous
I can touch both pedals at once with 1 foot to give u an idea of that distance
I don't even have to swap. I can just lean my foot over. I can make the distance zero

It's even tought by driving instructors to use 1 foot.

You never answered my initial question tho

What DONT you like about the pivot method
I don’t like this transformation that you have been going through on here lately. Your like a DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican lite version. A diet DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Dudes would rather raise their risk of dying behind the wheel instead of just taking the L. I honestly don’t even get that upset with driving if someone does something stupid to me. I’ll just say a curse word, laugh for a bit and continue with my day.
This.

Also...you really wanna piss someone off? Forget giving them the finger, give them a thumbs up. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom