My NT Brethren- Are you a good driver?

Yall are amazing if you can distinguish between Northern VA and MD drivers.

I wonder how much of that is influenced by preExisting stereotypes/folkLore
When I moved to VA, everyone told me to watch out for MD drivers because they were the worst. I took a drive to Ikea in College Park and that drive alone confirmed it lol

:lol: story driving Uber.

I was on my way to pick up someone and I get cut off by some guy. I honk at him, he flips me off. I just shook my head. So he's still in front of me, we get to a red light, right turn signal is green but dudes not paying attention. Give him a "hey wake tf up" honk. Dude flips me off again, then tries to brake check me. He pulls over trying to get me to pull over and initiate a fight.

I don't have time for this BS, I'm tryna pick up these people and make some money. Dude cuts me off again...and then turns into the same condo these people were at. I turn into the building right behind him :rofl: this guy thinks it's on and popping.

He has his window down talking a whole buncha ****. The two people I picked up are looking so confused. I basically hit him with this

200.gif

Literally, no one does this on a regular basis, it's physically impossible for a human to do it over a long period of time.

I mean, unless you’re a trained formula 1 driver I don’t see the use case or skill/ability of a civilian pulling it off

I mean, unless you’re a trained formula 1 driver I don’t see the use case or skill/ability of a civilian pulling it off
It's literally the only way I've ever driven a car, it doesn't make logical sense imo to use one foot for braking and accelerating. Even completed my test driving that way, the instructor never noticed.

Trust me, as someone that moved to the area with no pre-existing notion then lived in both places, you can tell. MD are almost as aggressive as NYC but not as precise. The dumbest things i've seen done, ie pulling out in front of a car doing 60 while doing 40 have been DC plates though.

Essentially though like someone said, anywhere there's a road, there are bad drivers.

I see no lies.

Dude has no idea how awful of a driver he is. People legit mock his driving behind his back and no one ever wants to ride with him. Herky jerking the whole damn trip.
Right, but somehow I passed a test, all herky jerky like?

I drive safe. I remember first time getting in my homies car we pull out the parking spot dude goes pedal to the metal just to stop at the next block on a light. Son reached like 3rd gear I was like :wow:

Just yesterday on the bqe some guy in a SUV must've been doing 100 swerving in and out of lanes smh. It was midnight where are u in a rush to go

i mean the test isn't that hard

hence why so many ****ty drivers on the road
His claim was:

Dude has no idea how awful of a driver he is. People legit mock his driving behind his back and no one ever wants to ride with him. Herky jerking the whole damn trip.

There is literally no way an instructor would pass if you drove "herky jerky". That would be an instant fail on the road test. Imagine being so dense that you'd rather believe hyperbole is closer to reality than someone actually just being proficient at using two feet. Your argument is literally "They drive in a different manner than most, so they must be bad"

Using your own logic, our school systems are terrible because they passed someone without a modicum of critical thinking.

My dad would drive an automatic with both feet. Always thought that was the strangest thing. I tried doing it. Felt so uncomfortable.

His claim was:

There is literally no way an instructor would pass if you drove "herky jerky". That would be an instant fail on the road test. Imagine being so dense that you'd rather believe hyperbole is closer to reality than someone actually just being proficient at using two feet. Your argument is literally "They drive in a different manner than most, so they must be bad"

Using your own logic, our school systems are terrible because they passed someone without a modicum of critical thinking.

Fine, that's fair.

It's just weird. If you had to brake in case of an emergency you'd have to take your foot off the gas, then move your left foot over to brake. Wouldn't it instinctly be faster to just smash the brake with your right foot?

Fine, that's fair.

It's just weird. If you had to brake in case of an emergency you'd have to take your foot off the gas, then move your left foot over to brake. Wouldn't it instinctly be faster to just smash the brake with your right foot?
It's weird, I know. That's why I asked if anybody else did it. As for emergency braking, my left is always "hovering" over the brake, not touching because I know at least in a newer car it'll cause the brake light to come on. I simply lift my right foot off the gas and apply the left on the brake. No need to move my right foot back and forth, just lift/apply one or the other as needed.

+1. And because your ankle stays in place .You just pivot your foot over. Kind of like a wiper blade.

It's weird, I know. That's why I asked if anybody else did it. As for emergency braking, my left is always "hovering" over the brake, not touching because I know at least in a newer car it'll cause the brake light to come on.

Oh interesting. So your left foot is always above the brake and not on the dead pedal?

That sounds so uncomfortable.

Oh interesting. So your left foot is always above the brake and not on the dead pedal?

That sounds so uncomfortable.
It can definitely be if you aren't used it, I remember my lower left leg feeling kind of weak after my first few long drives. But I don't have that problem now that I've gotten used to it.

Seems like I see more and more selfish drivers who don’t have a care in the world in regards to the safety of others. Erratic driving, texting, girls putting on their makeup while driving on the fwy. Then there’s this dbag. This was a few years ago at a shopping center parking structure in an upscale neighborhood. No surprise.

8C33F462-E83F-4E4F-B3DD-1A43CCC37372.jpeg

Ain't even mad at folks who park like this with nice whips.. I always park very far where where cars would have to go out of their ways to park near me..

But there is always someone who wants to park super close. This was a few months back at the mall during the week. There were so many empty spaces and this one car decided to park right in front of me nearly touching the front :smh:

IMG_8970.PNG

I seen someone try to parallel park an SUV in a spot a mini Cooper would struggle with on a 1 way street. They tried two times, they hit the car behind them both times and then sped off down the street :lol: :smh:

But you will never press both at the same time.

What don't you like about the "pivot"
I don't personally find it logical to use one foot for both actions when I could just use both and lift/apply one or the other as needed. To me, it's like using one hand in COD to aim and shoot rather than using both at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom