NASA TO BOMB MOON ON FRIDAY TO SEARCH FOR WATER vol are you !#!$+@@ kidding me?

Originally Posted by Julius Wrek

Hey_

Also, remember NASA experiments don't always work out how they planned.

Space shuttle Challenger anyone?

Julius F. Wrek
I was thinking that too. No matter how smart they are, they are still human.

That and Murphy's Law. Which states "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong."

Originally Posted by krazyg

Well. No more moon equals no more werewolves. Saving lives....not even born yet. Props to NASA.

eek.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

SO i work at a hotel and this is where I'm at now. A couple comes down and see's me staring mad hard at the computer. In a friendly way they ask what it is that I am so interested in, I kindly answer that I'm just lurking on a message board. I then asked him if he heard about what NASA is doing? (you know just being some nice hotel clerk) and he answers that he has because he's an astronomer himself. At this point I'm all
eek.gif
WERRDDDD!?
laugh.gif
.. what are the chances of me asking an astronomer about this ... anyway dude ended up saying that it wont do anything to the moon if we fire a missile at it just leave a crater. Before he left he said, "Think about this...how many bombs and missiles and things of the sort have we let off on our own planet?" in other words...we good dinero. so im all for blasting away at the moon for the sake of science!
Good point
laugh.gif

Cool. How long is the missile going to take to hit the moon?

NASA should stick a camera on there and stream it on the internet. Catch some aliens on that $+#!$.

WOW.
tired.gif

And yes, there are many people in this thread that don't understand physics. Then again nobody really understands physics, not even the smartest. But NO ONE can tell me that anyone knows the exactconsequences of doing this.

For all the intelligence that we have, humans are really the stupidest animals alive.

Originally Posted by BallRN23

WOW.
tired.gif

And yes, there are many people in this thread that don't understand physics. Then again nobody really understands physics, not even the smartest. But NO ONE can tell me that anyone knows the exact consequences of doing this.

For all the intelligence that we have, humans are really the stupidest animals alive.

I understand physics, and definitely think this is a dumb idea. There are so many things that could go wrong and that to me outweighs the possibility offinding water.

Just in case y'all missed it the first time....THEY ARE SHOOTING A POWERFUL MISSILE AT THE MOON.

What good can possibly come from this?

How have missiles worked out for us so far on Earth?

The whole reasoning sounds like ducktales.

Theres more to this than the official story. Bet that.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

SO i work at a hotel and this is where I'm at now. A couple comes down and see's me staring mad hard at the computer. In a friendly way they ask what it is that I am so interested in, I kindly answer that I'm just lurking on a message board. I then asked him if he heard about what NASA is doing? (you know just being some nice hotel clerk) and he answers that he has because he's an astronomer himself. At this point I'm all
eek.gif
WERRDDDD!?
laugh.gif
.. what are the chances of me asking an astronomer about this ... anyway dude ended up saying that it wont do anything to the moon if we fire a missile at it just leave a crater. Before he left he said, "Think about this...how many bombs and missiles and things of the sort have we let off on our own planet?" in other words...we good dinero. so im all for blasting away at the moon for the sake of science!
Good point
laugh.gif
You forget that the moon is so much smaller than the earth... and it only has 1 percent mass.. so that point is unvalidated.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

2z8u3as.gif
explanation needed
nerd.gif

Lucifer/Satan is the Judeo/Chrisitian counterpart of the ancient Moon God/Lunar Deity.
Crescent Moon And Morning Star?

You keep talking about the crescent moon and morning star, what do you mean by that Ray?

Isaiah 14:12 (KJV) How art thou fallen from heaven, O [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Lucifer, son of the morning![/color]
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

The name Lucifer in Hebrew is HEYLEL (read : hay-lale'). According to Strong Dictionary it means (in the sense of brightness); the morning star: - Lucifer.

The word HEYLEL in Hebrew has the same meaning in Arabic, that being the word HILAL.

HILAL in Arabic is in fact associated with the crescent moon, first developed in pre- Islamic Arabia.

Here is a simple exercise, go to GOOGLE Images (http://images.google.com) and type in HILAL and MOON, see what you get.

What you will see in many of the pictures is a very slight crescent moon that is first visible after a new moon. Muslims look for the Hilal when determining the beginning and end of Islamic months.

In modern times, Hilal was connected with the later Monotheistic deity of Allah. The worshipping of Allah is always connected to the moon, and through the eye of the Scripture we all know that HEYLEL (Hebrew) or HILAL (Arabic) is in fact one in the same.

Heylel Ben Shachar is Lucifer or Satan. And from the Scripture we also know that the worshipping of Allah is the worshipping of the moon god and also the worshipping of Lucifer.

Freemasons implement the name of Lucifer, Crescent moon / Star in much of what they do. The Shriners, which to join you must attain the level of 32 degree Mason, is steeped in Islamic / Middle Eastern symbolism. Their crest or logo is an inverted crescent moon with a star inside of it. Now the Shriners claim that these are "claws" and not a crescent moon, but we need to remember who we are dealing with, Lucifer the great deceiver. He hides in plain site and yet no one sees him.

You will note above some famous Shriners, all 32 Degree Masons, with the Crescent Moon and Morning Star sitting upon their forehead; as the Fezz (their hat) being be properly worn.

Where have you seen the name of Lucifer? Keep an eye out for the symbol of his name… The Crescent Moon and the Morning Star

So what you're saying is that we're bombing Moon Satan?

No really, what the hell does all that mean?

Originally Posted by 18key

I'm not even going to pretend to know whats going on with this. Anyone on NT that acts like they do is full of s_...

Just posting some background on the religious/spiritual/esoteric aspects of our moon, which I have an itching suspicion has something to do with this move, insome way.

I can't really call it but shooting a powerful missile at our moon, to check for water molecules (which we already know is there) and.bringing frozen waterto the surface to avoid the chore of carry water on future trips...makes no sense to me.

Are we checking for water or are we trying to bring ice to the surface for future use? What are astronauts going to do with moon water?...Drink it?

Smells real funny to me. Or maybe that excerpt is just horribly written.

I'm not even going to pretend to know whats going on with this. Anyone on NT that acts like they do is full of s_...

Just posting some background on the religious/spiritual/esoteric aspects of our moon, which I have an itching suspicion has something to do with this move, in some way.

I can't really call it but shooting a powerful missile at our moon, to check for water molecules (which we already know is there) and.bringing frozen water to the surface to avoid the chore of carry water on future trips...makes no sense to me.

Are we checking for water or are we trying to bring ice to the surface for future use? What are astronauts going to do with moon water?...Drink it?

Yes?

Having worked in the space industry I can tell you that water is a vital. If we can find water on the moon, we drastically save launch payload weight andconsequently your tax dollars. To put it in elementary terms for NT: whatever you find in space, you don't have to bring with you to space. If you haveenough water to last a colony years on the moon that that saves the trouble of bringing a lot of water. The only water you'll need to bring with you is thewater consumed in space on the way to the moon. Any water consumed on the moon for hydration, bathing, watering plants (potential greenhouse system) can all becollected on the moon if that water exist even in a frozen state. Furthermore, the moon's gravity is 1/6th of Earths so if you plan on going to Mars, itwould be advantageous to launch your ship filled with restocked supplies from the Moon. The article was not hard to understand.

Just in case y'all missed it the first time....THEY ARE SHOOTING A POWERFUL MISSILE AT THE MOON.

What good can possibly come from this?

How have missiles worked out for us so far on Earth?

The whole reasoning sounds like ducktales.

Theres more to this than the official story. Bet that.
Please quantify "powerful".

I'm looking at this from an engineer's point of view

We aren't launching a damn 25 megaton hydrogen bomb at the moon
eyes.gif
Look at the mass of the moon and compare it to a rocket traveling at twice the speed of a bullet.

From a purely HIGHS SCHOOL Newtonian physics...F=MA point of view, we have nothing to be worried about. Sure there are other issues regarding the plume,I'm simply addressing the thought that the missles will have some adverse effect on the Moon's axis/rotation/orbit and consequently Earth. I'm notan Astrophysicist but c'mon I hope there was a joke in some of you guys post that flew over my head.

How have misses worked for us on Earth? They have killed thousands of people. Yes missiles are horrible weapons of destruction. But look on the bright side.Last time I checked, the human population on the moon was rather small
laugh.gif

Just posting some background on the religious/spiritual/esoteric aspects of our moon, which I have an itching suspicion has something to do with this move, in some way.

I can't really call it but shooting a powerful missile at our moon, to check for water molecules (which we already know is there) and.bringing frozen water to the surface to avoid the chore of carry water on future trips...makes no sense to me.

Basically they think there might be millions to billions of frozen water slightly under the surface at the moon. So they're going tobasically chuck an outdated rocket at the moon to kick up debris into space. While that sounds bad, the low gravity found on the moon makes it much easier. The orbiter is going to collect the debris that goes into space and come back to earth (two impacts first though) for analysis. The discovery of a largecollection of water would be a huge discovery towards putting an outpost on the moon. Which would then make it easier to go to Mars and beyond.

hundreds of billions of dollars and
the best idea nasa can come up with
is shoot a milssile at it

nasa F$%^ing up

Back
Top Bottom