Naya Rivera RIP

No. Everyone can put their tinfoil hats away. They are saying she didn't anchor the boat, so when they jumped in to swim, the boat floated away. She swam after it with her son, and was exhausted by the time they finally reached it. She used the last bit of energy she had to shove her son onto the boat, then went under and never resurfaced. They said this is based on what her son told them as well.

What an awful way to go. Neither of them had life jackets?

Explains why it took so long

"The search process for Rivera had been made difficult by the dense volume of debris in Lake Piru; visibility was so low that one of the divers deployed described it as a “Braille search,” using mostly touch. Ventura County Sgt. Kevin Donoghue said last week officials were using sonar equipment, as well as enlisting more than 100 personnel, helicopters from the U.S. Coast Guard, boats and dive teams. "

"The search process for Rivera had been made difficult by the dense volume of debris in Lake Piru; visibility was so low that one of the divers deployed described it as a “Braille search,” using mostly touch. Ventura County Sgt. Kevin Donoghue said last week officials were using sonar equipment, as well as enlisting more than 100 personnel, helicopters from the U.S. Coast Guard, boats and dive teams. "

I can’t even imagine what it must be like mentally to be just feeling murky waters for a dead body. I’m gonna assume it was just a bad decision to go swimming without a life vest until something more concrete comes out. RIP.

right very sad. Especially knowing she gave hers for his

Hers was on the boat itself. So she had gone in the water without one.. Which, if you know Lake Piru, even if you're a good swimmer, going in that **** without a life jacket is just a bad idea. My heart breaks for her son. He was her everything.

We had a similar situation here in the Cincy area a couple years ago. Suburban went over a bridge into the Ohio River, and between the horrible visibility and the current, it took them like 3 days to get truck out because they couldn't see it to harness it.

**** man. Failing to anchor the boat and entering the water without a life jacket. That's just tragic.

**** man. Failing to anchor the boat and entering the water without a life jacket. That's just tragic.

Simple but costly mistake :frown:
She may have been in a hurry or something and it slipped her mind to do it before jumping in. I’ve noticed I’ve forgotten key items after leaving the house in a hurry just for the simple fact that I have to carry extra items I didn’t have to before (i.e. mask, sanitizer, sunglasses) and will forget cell phone, wallet or house keys.

Man. Stupid crazy and sad.
fearing the boat is gonna get away, having to swim with a 4 year old. Brush unless this kid had Olympic jeans ain’t no way they were going too fast. So she had to be carrying mad weight and pushing. Then to get to the boat and ALMOST make it. Terrifying thought.

We had a similar situation here in the Cincy area a couple years ago. Suburban went over a bridge into the Ohio River, and between the horrible visibility and the current, it took them like 3 days to get truck out because they couldn't see it to harness it.
Was this it?

I’m not a swimmer by any means, but if her kid had on a life jacket, should she have left him in the water and just went after the boat? Trying to swim with a kid, put them on the boat, and climb onto the boat while it’s drifting away seems like a lot.

Back
Top Bottom