NBA 2K10 News Thread (The Game Is OUt)

Originally Posted by NY Mavurs

All I know is that 'Bron, Kobe and Wade should have a 99 overall rating.

/thread
Why 99? Why not be happy that they are clearly the best 3 on the game? What would be the difference? just to physically SEE a 99?
grin.gif

As someone else said from OS

[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
If the players play like themselves, I have no problem with the ratings. It's obvious that the superstar players are in the 90's. Just by skimming the ratings, there's about 4 or 5 of those players.

Kobe
LeBron
Wade
Paul

off the top of my head.

All-Stars are in the 80's, and great players are in the 70's. Seems consistent enough because in previous games, offensive players would have some really high ratings in contrast to a well rounded player.

[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

There are NO 99's this year. Again why is that a problem? I know I have NEVER seen a 2K game with no 99's, which I always had an issue with.

You do notice the BEST players in the NBA are the only ones in the 90s. The top 5. Why should Melo be in the 90s?

Your problem is absolute numbers, look at them in RELATION to others
r u serious bruh?!? Melo is one of the best pure scorers the game has to offer
pimp.gif

How is Carmelo Anthony not in the 90's??? who's better than Melo besides Kobe, Bron, and D-Wade??

And you're right sir....I can accept the realism of the ratings and not having any 99's is fine.. but the Carmelo rating is ridiculous....he should beat least a 92!!

Are the lights and stuff supposed to be going on throughout the game?

Originally Posted by sdfbheat

There are NO 99's this year. Again why is that a problem? I know I have NEVER seen a 2K game with no 99's, which I always had an issue with.

You do notice the BEST players in the NBA are the only ones in the 90s. The top 5. Why should Melo be in the 90s?

pimp.gif

How is Carmelo Anthony not in the 90's??? who's better than Melo besides Kobe, Bron, and D-Wade??

And you're right sir....I can accept the realism of the ratings and not having any 99's is fine.. but the Carmelo rating is ridiculous....he should be at least a 92!!
You got it man.
laugh.gif

Wade should be higher rated than bron i.m.o.

Does just as much, if not more.
better shooter, dunks just as much, much better on ball defender, a better off ball defender. scores more points, same assist, few less rebounds, more steals,more blocks, better FG%..

Just throwing stuff at you DC, since i value your opinion.

Don't compare players that don't play the SAME position.

Different attributes weight differently in regards to the overall rating

pimp.gif

And you're right sir....I can accept the realism of the ratings and not having any 99's is fine.. but the Carmelo rating is ridiculous....he should be at least a 92!!
You got it man.
laugh.gif

I don't understand....I asked you a question bruh.....who's better than Melo besides the 3 players I named?

^CP3 and maybe D12 which is probably why they're rated higher than he is.

Top 10 rated players by position:

SMALL FORWARDS:
1. Lebron- 96
2. Carmelo- 88
3. Iggy- 84
Pierce- 84
Granger- 84
6. Caron Butler- 83
7. Durant- 82
8. Stephen Jackson- 81
9. Artest- 80
10. Gerald Wallace & Rudy Gay- 78
The issue I have is that you think Melo should be in the 90s. Melo doesn't have as great of an impact as ANYONE that is currently rated in the90s.

Therefore he should NOT be in the 90s.

I only compare players in the same position because ratings in different position produce different overalls. You can give 5 players the same attributes in ALLcategories, but if they player 5 different positions, they all will have different overall ratings.

YOUR only concern should be the players rated ABOVE Melo at his POSITION.

LeBron is the ONLY one that outranks Melo.

Do you understand?

Don't compare players that don't play the SAME position.

Different attributes weight differently in regards to the overall rating

QFMFT. If you play 2K9 and change someone's position their rating will most likely change.

POINT GUARDS:
1. Chris Paul- 94
2. Deron- 89
eek.gif
eek.gif

indifferent.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I understand what they are doing with the ratings as far as the overalls, then having what they specialize in be accurate, but come the F*#& on!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Yea I am curious what caused the big gap between Deron and CP3. I think a lot of his has to do with inflated personalized ratings of CP3 due to the fact thathe plays on an MVP Level and Deron doesn't. But we all know the gap in terms of skill level between the two isn't that great. But they are differenttypes of PGs

SMALL FORWARDS:
1. Lebron- 96
2. Carmelo- 88
3. Iggy- 84
Pierce- 84
Granger- 84
6. Caron Butler- 83
7. Durant- 82
8. Stephen Jackson- 81
9. Artest- 80
The issue I have is that you think Melo should be in the 90s. Melo doesn't have as great of an impact as ANYONE that is currently rated in the 90s.

I only compare players in the same position because ratings in different position produce different overalls. You can give 5 players the same attributes in ALL categories, but if they player 5 different positions, they all will have different overall ratings.YOUR only concern should be the players rated ABOVE Melo at his POSITION.

Do you understand?

BOOM.

SMALL FORWARDS:
1. Lebron- 96
2. Carmelo- 88
3. Iggy- 84
Pierce- 84
Granger- 84
6. Caron Butler- 83
7. Durant- 82
8. Stephen Jackson- 81
9. Artest- 80
The issue I have is that you think Melo should be in the 90s. Melo doesn't have as great of an impact as ANYONE that is currently rated in the 90s.

I only compare players in the same position because ratings in different position produce different overalls. You can give 5 players the same attributes in ALL categories, but if they player 5 different positions, they all will have different overall ratings.

Do you understand?

completely....how could I be so naive
embarassed.gif
I was really just judgingthem off impact in the league and not by their respective positions....however....with there only being 4 players in the 90's I must ask....does DwightHoward not deserve a 90+ rating?? now I know what you're gonna say DC...he's only 1 point away, he's the highest ranked center in the game...butthat should warrant him a 90+ no? KG I can understand because of the injury....Rondo is NOT TOP 10 OVERALL that's a little disgusting....
sick.gif
idk like you said fam there just numbers but I couldn't at first believethere were only 4 players ranked in the 90's this year....does Dwight not get a 90 because of his ball handling and free throw shooting??

TOP 10 OVERALL:
97 KOBE
pimp.gif

96 JAMES
pimp.gif

96 WADE
pimp.gif

94 PAUL
pimp.gif

89 HOWARD
smh.gif

89 GARNETT
89 DERON
88 DUNCAN
88 CARMELO
smh.gif

87 RONDO
87 ROY

SMALL FORWARDS:
1. Lebron- 96
2. Carmelo- 88
3. Iggy- 84
Pierce- 84
Granger- 84
6. Caron Butler- 83
7. Durant- 82
8. Stephen Jackson- 81
9. Artest- 80

I only compare players in the same position because ratings in different position produce different overalls. You can give 5 players the same attributes in ALL categories, but if they player 5 different positions, they all will have different overall ratings.

Do you understand?

completely....how could I be so naive
embarassed.gif
I was really just judging them off impact in the league and not by their respective positions....however....with there only being 4 players in the 90's I must ask....does Dwight Howard not deserve a 90+ rating?? now I know what you're gonna say DC...he's only 1 point away, he's the highest ranked center in the game...but that should warrant him a 90+ no? KG I can understand because of the injury....Rondo is NOT TOP 10 OVERALL that's a little disgusting....
sick.gif
idk like you said fam there just numbers but I couldn't at first believe there were only 4 players ranked in the 90's this year....does Dwight not get a 90 because of his ball handling and free throw shooting??

TOP 10 OVERALL:
97 KOBE
pimp.gif

96 JAMES
pimp.gif

96 WADE
pimp.gif

94 PAUL
pimp.gif

89 HOWARD
smh.gif

89 GARNETT
89 DERON
88 DUNCAN
88 CARMELO
smh.gif

87 RONDO
87 ROY

But what hes saying is why does it matter what number rating Dwight is if hes the highest rated in the game?? Its only a number it doesnt matter if hes stillthe best in the game at his position

I agree, I would think Dwight would have been the 5th 90 rated player. But again, he is the #1 center by a MILE. So, no complaint

I was also expecting KG to have a lower rating than 89 since he is coming off of an incomplete season because of injury.

I do agree that Rondo is not a top 10 player, but in terms of all around ability and skill, and how that translate into a video game. You can argue that he IS.But if I ranked the players from best to worst, he wouldn't be Top 10

Originally Posted by young718chris

So you're sayin 'Bron, Kobe, and Wade are each equal?

No they're not equal. Only a fool would have to believe that. All I'm sayin' is that based off their performance from last season, MVP candidatesand all, they were on another level than their peers. Giving them a 99 rating for once would do them justice. Everyone's ratings suck though.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

who's better than Melo besides Kobe, Bron, and D-Wade??
You serious? You really think Melo is a top 5 player?

IMO Melo is a top 5 player.....

Lebron
Kobe
D-Wade
CP
Melo

Only reason I put Melo above Dwight is because Dwight ain't stepping out and hitting the 3...+%$* he ain't affective past 10 feet from thebasket...Melo rebounds, plays solid defense and IMO is one of the best scorers in the game....hits free throws consistently...ya'll really don't thinkMelo deserves top 5 credit in the league?

and I retract my statement about Rondo....he deserves his rating being as he pretty much does it all and was damn near averaging a triple double in the playoffrun....

Originally Posted by Im Not You

who's better than Melo besides Kobe, Bron, and D-Wade??
You serious? You really think Melo is a top 5 player?

Don't even man. You see I just dismissed that mess. He sound like 3 saying Melo is better than everybody
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom