NBA 2K10 News Thread (The Game Is OUt)

Originally Posted by damn its me

So after a few days playing live and 2k10 both, id have to say that:

2k10 is deep. It's better than last year, and its much more fluid. It comes at the cost of game speed, but it's a worthwhile trade-off. A bit of clipping in this game, guys running in to one another. the Dribbling system takes a moment to get used to, however it seems to be fairly well thought out.

Plus:
Great in depth dribbling system (a tad hard to learn but seems to have potential)
Signature moves are apparent and awesome to see if you are a true fan and watch these guys play daily
a cool my player mode where you can control a players career and paly as them from training camp to superstar. (Really cool!)
Great fluidity- passing is great, interaction is getting better and better. it's not real basketball, but we are getting close!
Dunk contest is actually playable and cool to run through, with custom dunks and certain dunks only being available to certain players.

NBA Live is fun as hell...This is definitely the more arcade style nba live we were used to back in the glory day (yeah the 90's FTW) There is no shortage of fast breaks and wild dunks all day long in this game.

Also the crowd involvement and custom cheers/songs are far superior in this opposed to 2k10.

As a "pick up and play game" i'd recommend LIVE. Me and my friend picked it up drunk last night and traded dunks for half an hour easily having everyone in the house entertained! Also where 2k shines in the dribbling system LIVE offers a few cool aspect of their own.

Still present is the 2nd stick fake moves that we have always seen, however this year the addition and added effectiveness of the 2nd stick "whip pass" has been added. Let me tell you its insanely fun to hit that LT button and throw a no looker on a fast break behind the back instantly to a trailer. AWESOME!

It may not be as much a basketball sim as 2k10 but that's fine with me on some occasions. Mappig and character detail is better this year also. Players still looks a little alien like but much better than previous years.

Plus:
Fast game play intense fun lots of fast breaks and dunks.
2nd stick whip passes (2nd stick + LT) are an awesome aspect and incredibly fast and fun
DNA and real time stat updates as well as dynamic season and real time crowd make this game incredibly real and will grab anyone who is looking for a great single player experience or online experience. Momentum actually feel real in this game!
I give the entire feel of a real game to EA LIVE because of the above mentioned aspects. Crowds have team specific chants, cheering and songs. Live shines where As always with 2k there is a solid soundtrack, but not much attention to individualizing the arena/team experience.

All in all, id recommend both games for different situations. Both are a ton of fun, i would give

NBA2k10 a solid 4 stars because of its overall depth and create a superstar mode.

NBA LIve 10 a 3.8 stars because of its lack of depth but points for creating the best basketball EA has made in almsot 10 years!
Dynamic season lets you play the entire true NBA season as its played in the nba dates and all... If you miss a game it fills in stats from the real game (rad)
Why give live a 3.8..why not a 4...whats good with the .2 points...
grin.gif

I'm gonna start a strong war between these 2 games
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

grin.gif

devil.gif

Because of the lack of the "my player" mode....

Like Reviews said for 2K10 playing in the Post hasn't improved and lagging a bit.

Question: After you create and save several "User Profiles" (you can create up to 7), and want to play a quick game how do you switch to a differentuser name after selecting your team and moving your controller to the Home/Away side? This is what I'm having problems with.

This is more for when I'm playing my friends at the house and we have our own profile for record purposes.

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

grin.gif

devil.gif

Because of the lack of the "my player" mode....
grin.gif
2k should get a 3.8 too, that lagging and having the samerefs since 2k7 is a fail
tongue.gif

lol @ me tryna start something
devil.gif

Yooo i just jammed one and flew into the Mop boy and he tumbled.. full animation it was
pimp.gif
and
laugh.gif
at the same time

Gotta get used to the player releases all over again but quick notes

MILES FROM THE UTAH JAZZ IS AN ANIMAL!!!! ALSO EVANS FROM THE ATLANTA HAWKS BE ****TN ON PEOPLE. Havent used Lebron or Kobe yet but Im Guessing they'reunstoppable as well. Oh and YAO is automatic in the paint once again hehe

NBA Live is fun as hell...This is definitely the more arcade style nba live we were used to back in the glory day (yeah the 90's FTW) There is no shortage of fast breaks and wild dunks all day long in this game.

Also the crowd involvement and custom cheers/songs are far superior in this opposed to 2k10.

As a "pick up and play game" i'd recommend LIVE. Me and my friend picked it up drunk last night and traded dunks for half an hour easily having everyone in the house entertained! Also where 2k shines in the dribbling system LIVE offers a few cool aspect of their own.

Still present is the 2nd stick fake moves that we have always seen, however this year the addition and added effectiveness of the 2nd stick "whip pass" has been added. Let me tell you its insanely fun to hit that LT button and throw a no looker on a fast break behind the back instantly to a trailer. AWESOME!

It may not be as much a basketball sim as 2k10 but that's fine with me on some occasions. Mappig and character detail is better this year also. Players still looks a little alien like but much better than previous years.

Plus:
Fast game play intense fun lots of fast breaks and dunks.
2nd stick whip passes (2nd stick + LT) are an awesome aspect and incredibly fast and fun
DNA and real time stat updates as well as dynamic season and real time crowd make this game incredibly real and will grab anyone who is looking for a great single player experience or online experience. Momentum actually feel real in this game!
I give the entire feel of a real game to EA LIVE because of the above mentioned aspects. Crowds have team specific chants, cheering and songs. Live shines where As always with 2k there is a solid soundtrack, but not much attention to individualizing the arena/team experience.
thats fun and all but thats one of the main reason y nobody buys live anymore %#%$ is not realistic at all looks like u playing nba streets

Damn, I couldn't get the special edition anywhere in Queens. I thought I pre-ordered it but instead I pre-ordered Fifa 10. Hopefully I can pick this upbefore I leave for Miami on Thursday. If anyone knows any spot in Queens, hit me up.

Originally Posted by Walkin Memorial

Damn, I couldn't get the special edition anywhere in Queens. I thought I pre-ordered it but instead I pre-ordered Fifa 10. Hopefully I can pick this up before I leave for Miami on Thursday. If anyone knows any spot in Queens, hit me up.
You still might be able to find it in Miami, theres a ton of Gamestops down here.

Picked this game up an hour ago. Didn't give it much time yet but I practiced shooting and moving around with the Warriors. Steph Curry's release isstupid quick. Morrow too.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LeeBoi

Gotta get used to the player releases all over again but quick notes

MILES FROM THE UTAH JAZZ IS AN ANIMAL!!!! ALSO EVANS FROM THE ATLANTA HAWKS BE ****TN ON PEOPLE. Havent used Lebron or Kobe yet but Im Guessing they're unstoppable as well. Oh and YAO is automatic in the paint once again hehe

why do they do that to Yao... i hate that... toss it in, and buckets... they gotta do somethin about that, cuz if it was that easy in real life, yao would be37 and 16 w/ 6 bpg...

i know its a game, but its supposed to be a simulation...

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

So frustrated with this game.

Soo different, so slow.

word... this is gettin on my nerves... ugh... you'll get w/ it though, family... just keep at it...

but seriously though... is anyone else's 2k network messin up?... my stuff is messin up ... cant get an online game goin for nothin...

Picking mine up tomorrow.. I have a calc test to study for smh..

Add me on 360.. GT: bLaZ3n sLaPzZ

I am still undefeated in 2k9.. doing the same in 2k10!!

My copy comes in tomorrow and I dont finish class til 8, so Ill be up late playin this tomorrow.

GT is: Ridikolis

Yeah I can't get online and
smh.gif
speaking about automatic D-12 in the paint.

Back
Top Bottom