NBA 2K10 News Thread (The Game Is OUt)

Mannn, why the f did I cop ODST... I didn't even KNOW about this anniversary edition.
frown.gif
I wonder how much resell value is for ODST and if ANYWHERE stillhas this special edition.

So I played the demo and it seems like u can't stop the cpu from scoring when u want, they score so easily and there shots always go down. Any tips forplaying defense? I plan on copping tonight.

Originally Posted by Olvera23

Yo retro, how you doin on playin defense? I can stay in front of my defender to save my life.
yeah its def. harder this year. you can still lockdown, but gotta use it wisely because it uses up stamina.

sometimes it feels like no matter how good you play on ball defense, the player will find his way around you.

and nice pics, the anniversary edition looks cool.

Originally Posted by hadegbite

How do i get my own arena music on 2k from my ps3 hard drive?
hate to break it to you, the ps3 version doesn't have custom arena music, only 360.

jretro, you found any sneak unstoppable plays in this years game yet
laugh.gif

there's a lot of good plays now, since there's a playbook for each position
pimp.gif

sometimes they don't even execute right, players running 10 feet away from picks
mad.gif
laugh.gif

smh.gif
at the madness, I rarely think Pre-Orders are needed but 2 of the EB Games in my area were sold out of the PS3 Version. Wal-Mart didn't even get theirshipments in, there was one more EB Games in my area that had 3 left so I got mine, all spots had plenty of XBox versions.

Traded in 6 Games, also as I was checking out they were unpacking the Anniversary Edition (Locker etc), if anyone is looking in Toronto for it PM me I'll forward you where to get it.

Originally Posted by jretro23

Originally Posted by Olvera23

Yo retro, how you doin on playin defense? I can stay in front of my defender to save my life.
yeah its def. harder this year. you can still lockdown, but gotta use it wisely because it uses up stamina.

sometimes it feels like no matter how good you play on ball defense, the player will find his way around you.[\b]

and nice pics, the anniversary edition looks cool.

Originally Posted by hadegbite

How do i get my own arena music on 2k from my ps3 hard drive?
hate to break it to you, the ps3 version doesn't have custom arena music, only 360.

thats exactly how i feel, u cant stop dunkers. that Fox Sports Net theme music is a sick idea
pimp.gif
..how u gonna get that on your hardrive tho?

so where did you guys cop the anniversary package?...anyone think the pack would be available in wal-mart...target or frys?...other than gamestop?

To anybody having problems importing their player from the combine, try restarting your system. The 2k sports server was acting up for me so once I did thatit started working, I then went to My player mode and it automatically asked did I want to import my player... got drafted by the Grizzlies
eyes.gif
lol.

The game is dope btw, a decent upgrade to an already great basketball sim and My Player is a nice addition. The dribbling is gonna take a little getting useto but I like that they switched it up this year. This guy at the game store was actually trying to convince everybody to buy "Live" cause 2k is"too difficult" this year but I personally prefer a challenging game. The Footlocker coupon was a good look as well
glasses.gif

this $*%+ feel maaaaaaad different
im lost as $*%+
the fadeaway is different b4 u could choose whether u wanted to hook or fade now it depends on distance
defense is hard as hell
the animations are waaaaay better though

So after a few days playing live and 2k10 both, id have to say that:

2k10 is deep. It's better than last year, and its much more fluid. It comes at the cost of game speed, but it's a worthwhile trade-off. A bit ofclipping in this game, guys running in to one another. the Dribbling system takes a moment to get used to, however it seems to be fairly well thought out.

Plus:
Great in depth dribbling system (a tad hard to learn but seems to have potential)
Signature moves are apparent and awesome to see if you are a true fan and watch these guys play daily
a cool my player mode where you can control a players career and paly as them from training camp to superstar. (Really cool!)
Great fluidity- passing is great, interaction is getting better and better. it's not real basketball, but we are getting close!
Dunk contest is actually playable and cool to run through, with custom dunks and certain dunks only being available to certain players.

NBA Live is fun as hell...This is definitely the more arcade style nba live we were used to back in the glory day (yeah the 90's FTW) There is no shortageof fast breaks and wild dunks all day long in this game.

Also the crowd involvement and custom cheers/songs are far superior in this opposed to 2k10.

As a "pick up and play game" i'd recommend LIVE. Me and my friend picked it up drunk last night and traded dunks for half an hour easily havingeveryone in the house entertained! Also where 2k shines in the dribbling system LIVE offers a few cool aspect of their own.

Still present is the 2nd stick fake moves that we have always seen, however this year the addition and added effectiveness of the 2nd stick "whippass" has been added. Let me tell you its insanely fun to hit that LT button and throw a no looker on a fast break behind the back instantly to a trailer.AWESOME!

It may not be as much a basketball sim as 2k10 but that's fine with me on some occasions. Mappig and character detail is better this year also. Playersstill looks a little alien like but much better than previous years.

Plus:
Fast game play intense fun lots of fast breaks and dunks.
2nd stick whip passes (2nd stick + LT) are an awesome aspect and incredibly fast and fun
DNA and real time stat updates as well as dynamic season and real time crowd make this game incredibly real and will grab anyone who is looking for a greatsingle player experience or online experience. Momentum actually feel real in this game!
I give the entire feel of a real game to EA LIVE because of the above mentioned aspects. Crowds have team specific chants, cheering and songs. Live shineswhere As always with 2k there is a solid soundtrack, but not much attention to individualizing the arena/team experience.

All in all, id recommend both games for different situations. Both are a ton of fun, i would give

NBA2k10 a solid 4 stars because of its overall depth and create a superstar mode.

NBA LIve 10 a 3.8 stars because of its lack of depth but points for creating the best basketball EA has made in almsot 10 years!
Dynamic season lets you play the entire true NBA season as its played in the nba dates and all... If you miss a game it fills in stats from the real game (rad)

is ANYONE getting a slight audio issue? thought it was only the song that plays in the menu, but it was happening during the game. basically its this lightbuzzing/distortion that occurs every 5-6 seconds.

I got my copy of 2k10 early this morning. I popped it in and played for about 20 minutes until my screen started glitching. I restarted my XBOX and saw theRROD. I'm so pissed. My 360 lasted 2 years without any problem whatsoever. I bought it from best buy and still have my receipt. I wonder if they would letme exchange it, but I highly doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom