NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

need a little help i started a game and i cant switch to other players i can only control D.wade...any help thanks

Originally Posted by Jordan23 4xL

need a little help i started a game and i cant switch to other players i can only control D.wade...any help thanks

go to controller settings and turn the preferred position to none, you're locked on the shooting guard

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

Man, I'm terrible at this game
30t6p3b.gif

Man i was to for a while man. But i started to slow down and just settle down the pace
THIS

Icon passing is a must since the directional passing isn't accurate.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

Man, I'm terrible at this game
30t6p3b.gif

Man i was to for a while man. But i started to slow down and just settle down the pace
THIS

Icon passing is a must since the directional passing isn't accurate.

Why is anyone even using directional passing to even know how accurate it is? What is this NBA Live 97? Get with the times folks

Direction passing is terrible. I cant break the habit of direction passing during pick and rolls and every time my dude throws it accross the court for a turnover instead of hitting the wide open dude rolling to the bucket. How can the passing ai be that bad?

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Direction passing is terrible. I cant break the habit of direction passing during pick and rolls and every time my dude throws it accross the court for a turnover instead of hitting the wide open dude rolling to the bucket. How can the passing ai be that bad?

Well you better break out of it. Nobody uses directional passing.

Just to prove how bad 2K's default rosters are. Dennis Rodman = 77 hustle. But you people continue to use those bad rosters.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Well you better break out of it. Nobody uses directional passing.

I pass with the icons but when I see a Quick opening pass my instinct is to do directional pass...if a player is next to you then that's who you should pass it to when using directional pass...its no excuses for them passing crossing court when you have one of your guys right next to you they need to fix it I shouldn't have to use icon pass for a simple pass to a teammate next to me

Just to prove how bad 2K's default rosters are. Dennis Rodman = 77 hustle. But you people continue to use those bad rosters.
Stuuuuupid idiots
30t6p3b.gif

Let them use what they want. You, me and a whole bunch of other people know 2k rosters are garbage.

Any body get the "No ball" glitch?... I was playing in MyPlayer mode and Lebron dunked the ball and it just disappeared
laugh.gif
....Then all of a sudden the players started hoopin' with an invisible ball.... It was in the 3rd quarter and my stats were on point so I was Heated! I tried to finish but it was hard... So I just quit
laugh.gif

what are the categories you guys focus on when you started your my player?

were there certain ones you wanted to make better 1st?

PG if that matters.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

PG if that matters.
others might have a better strategy, but for me was my shooting range

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

PG if that matters.
others might have a better strategy, but for me was my shooting range
yup, Shooting range, layup, and shoot in traffic... then I started focusing on my 3pt shot, Vertical and dunking ....Im a SG though...for a PG you should probably focus most of your points on speed, passing and handles... Im pretty good with filling in the passing lanes so I haven't even touched the Defensive spectrum yet

I am finally done with my dunk work.

Explanations for Dunk & Standing Dunk Rating Distribution
https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1BRKngffQ1G0s0-oPjDCRDzEOas7FwnuT30WLAnOvQWY&hl=en

Explanations for Dunk & Layup Packages. I also explained why I gave certain players certain packages.
https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1znvaSKNH14qxlW4GO4-2k_LLX9Vf0A252-yPaWdrL8w&hl=en

Full Dunk & Layup Package Edits. Includes Dunk Package and rating edits. Includes Layup Package and rating edits. Also included are standing dunk edits. There is a Key for the Abbreviations for the Specialty Dunks under the 3rd tab of the packages spreadsheet.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnH_XtYnwBUbdDg4eGFqT1EtTFh3aFR6cXFsWFk1MHc&hl=en

If you have ANY questions/concerns, feel free to make suggestions. I will explain why I gave a certain player which dunk package if you are curious.

Credit to HyperBaller

Package Edits
Ramon Sessions: Rimgrazer
J. Rich: Added Robinson as alternate dunk package
Kobe: Athletic Big (Kobe package is way too much)
Peja: Removed Yao Dunk Package. No longer able to dunk in game.
Mo Peterson: Removed Rimgrazer Dunk Package. No longer able to dunk in game
John Salmons: None - Added Two Hand Quick as Specialty Dunk
Richard Jefferson: Worthy
Andrea Bargnani: Duncan
Deron Williams: None Two Hand Quick as Specialty Dunk
Vlad Radmonovic: Rimgrazer
Brad Miller: Yao
Segana Diop: Yao
Jon Brockman: Yao

Players now allowed to dunk that could dunk in previous revision
Tony Douglas: 45

Players lowered to 25 dunk rating. (So that means they can't dunk)
Jason Collins
Jamal Crawford
Glen Davis
Luke Harangody
Boris Diaw
Stephen Jackson
Eddy Najera
Keith Bogans
Kyle Korver
Brian Scalabrine
Antawn Jamison
Anthony Parker