NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

Hey I got a question for you guys.

In the My Player mode how long are the quarters you use? Do you play with the full 12 minute quarters?

I've been playing with the default 5 minute quarters but I'm thinking of making them longer.
I play 10 minutes and is enough time to accomplish the tasks for each game.
Same here.  I've yet to accomplish the 4 steals task and force your matchup to commit 6 or more turnovers. 

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Originally Posted by QuaniBoiXi

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by QuaniBoiXi

yo tell me why i been disconnected in the middle of the first quarter in like 7 straight games

2k servers FTL
PS3 I'm guessing?
laugh.gif
, sometimes against certain people on line I can't even start a match. Once we choose teams and try to start the network drops, I haven't had any mid game disconnections yet.
nah 360
yea dude this is gettin hella old. someone needs to get fired asap.
QFT. #@#$ is getting mad annoying. It's impossible to play online against your friends. 
I traded in my game b/c of that. 

Originally Posted by shawn504

hopefully this will help you guys from 2ksports forums seems to be working
The team has found the root cause to the network drops in unranked online matches post patch. The settings file in the hard drive will need to be deleted. Upon loading the game, a new settings file will be created. You must keep your settings at default anytime you play an unranked match. Once inside a game, you can change any settings you wish. However, you cannot change any settings and have them applied to the file.

This only pertains to unranked/player matches, including lobby matches. Ranked games are not affected, and you can use your own settings file for such matches. I would suggest creating a settings file for both ranked/unranked if you consistently play between the two. It's quite possible that both players will need to have the default settings file. 2K is working hard to find a fix for this as soon as possible as they understand the limited ability to inform all online players of this workaround
THANKYOU! been tryin to figure out the problem for a while..now i can finally kick butt again without getting disconnected 2 minutes into the first quarter..smh. anyone up for a game?

Originally Posted by 617collector

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

2k needs to change the over the back board shot.. that shot neverrrr falls....it goes so high for no damn reason.

False. I remember I made a few with Ray Allen. You have to have a perfect release so it can drop.

For anyone having trouble with jumpshot releases I would suggest going into practice mode with your team of choice and practice the jumpshots with everyone on the team (even the bigs). Also on the main menu go to Options, Gameplay, Presentations n turn on Jumpshot feedback. This will allow u to keep track on how accurate ur jumpshot releases are because it will appear on-screen. It helped me out n now I'm at about 65% perfect Jumpshot releases online with 60 games played (38W-22L)

laugh.gif
tryna tell me my releases aint perfect..... with jumpshot feedback its green and those shots never fall........ STOP
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by JrockNIKErock

Originally Posted by shawn504

hopefully this will help you guys from 2ksports forums seems to be working
The team has found the root cause to the network drops in unranked online matches post patch. The settings file in the hard drive will need to be deleted. Upon loading the game, a new settings file will be created. You must keep your settings at default anytime you play an unranked match. Once inside a game, you can change any settings you wish. However, you cannot change any settings and have them applied to the file.

This only pertains to unranked/player matches, including lobby matches. Ranked games are not affected, and you can use your own settings file for such matches. I would suggest creating a settings file for both ranked/unranked if you consistently play between the two. It's quite possible that both players will need to have the default settings file. 2K is working hard to find a fix for this as soon as possible as they understand the limited ability to inform all online players of this workaround
THANKYOU! been tryin to figure out the problem for a while..now i can finally kick butt again without getting disconnected 2 minutes into the first quarter..smh. anyone up for a game?

the problem is that it takes 30 minutes to join a ranked game..

So who down for a league? just my 2k11 today (ik kinda late) but im down for a draft..LETS GOO...

add me

gt: xdmize

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by BrockBo

Ok i Haven't had a bball game since idk 2006? My mom asked me what games I wanted for x-mas and first thing that came to mind was 2k11..........Ive played it with my friends and cant get used to the shot stick is it even worth wasting a x-mas gift the game it self is sick but that is SUCH a big draw back.

Thanks
Forget the X button, the shot stick was an amazing invention. You will learn it with practice, I will help you out

Thanks bro
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 617collector

2k needs to change the over the back board shot.. that shot neverrrr falls....it goes so high for no damn reason.

False. I remember I made a few with Ray Allen. You have to have a perfect release so it can drop.

For anyone having trouble with jumpshot releases I would suggest going into practice mode with your team of choice and practice the jumpshots with everyone on the team (even the bigs). Also on the main menu go to Options, Gameplay, Presentations n turn on Jumpshot feedback. This will allow u to keep track on how accurate ur jumpshot releases are because it will appear on-screen. It helped me out n now I'm at about 65% perfect Jumpshot releases online with 60 games played (38W-22L)

laugh.gif
tryna tell me my releases aint perfect..... with jumpshot feedback its green and those shots never fall........ STOP
indifferent.gif

Then I guess I'm the only one not having that problem. I made one of those shots today with Dirk and made my opponent quit at the end of the 3rd
laugh.gif

In the My Player mode, I put play next game, and then it says simulating to next game and it's been there for a while. Now my question it, does it take that long or is the game frozen?

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Originally Posted by romedadude

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

damn my save file got corrupted when i played for the bulls...

anyways myplayer is so intuitive it got me thinking...

how long before theres an actual NBA2K REAL LEAGUE

Imagine MyPlayers all over the country actually training and playing on a team.... having to actually be there for scheduled games.
pimp.gif
That sounds good, but in reality you know how people get if you've played the pickup games. Dudes just ball hoggin and taking ill-advised shots.
laugh.gif

tired.gif
true.

Maybe a coach that could bench his @%+.... offering some type of kickback for playing well... microsoft points... just brainstorming... 2K holla at me!

eek.gif
making subs... calling plays.... setting rotations... that cold SO work.

..in theory

So i was notified that the coach trust's me to be the general on the court and can call my own plays...I still can't call my own plays. Haha.

Originally Posted by Primo Escobar

In the My Player mode, I put play next game, and then it says simulating to next game and it's been there for a while. Now my question it, does it take that long or is the game frozen?

anyone?

anyone?

I say wait a little longer...

I gotta check out OS on how to fix my connection issues for unranked matches and @@%@ or just my online experience period. I'm legitimately losing to guys online that I have no business losing to.

When the game first dropped things were running smooth but now because of the lag influencing everything I do, I'm forced to basically just play in the paint. I @*#$+% around and lost to some scrub who did that "watch a replay after a basic dunk" @@%@ and I was leading most of the game
sick.gif

I red that it has something to so with settings files after the patch. Try to delete settings file and playing online with default settings.

Back
Top Bottom