NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

I was blown away with all the changes they made this year. I can't wait to cop this game and start my player right away!

eh I played Live10 after playing the demo. I can't get use to the controls. Is the fake pass button necessary?! What a waste of a button.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

eh I played Live10 after playing the demo. I can't get use to the controls. Is the fake pass button necessary?! What a waste of a button.
Why is it a waste of a button?

this is so funny, i did the same exact thing after i played the 2k11 demo. i wasnt impressed @ all. dont know why its held on a pedestal by most of you.

but like you said, the controls for the 2K series are so unatural to me. to say the 2k series is a lil more realistic than live/elite is arguable (not really) but lives button control is a billion times better than 2k imo.

and yes the fake pass button is a waste of a button. might as well have a pump fake button
eyes.gif

what the live series has over 2k is the crossover control. until 2k mimics this. ill never purchase their games

Originally Posted by JRodski

thapointguy wrote:

this is so funny, i did the same exact thing after i played the 2k11 demo. i wasnt impressed @ all. dont know why its held on a pedestal by most of you.

but like you said, the controls for the 2K series are so unatural to me. to say the 2k series is a lil more realistic than live/elite is arguable (not really) but lives button control is a billion times better than 2k imo.

and yes the fake pass button is a waste of a button. might as well have a pump fake button
eyes.gif

what the live series has over 2k is the crossover control. until 2k mimics this. ill never purchase their games

That's cuz yall used to Live controls.....I played 2k for 10 years and felt the same way when I popped in NBA Live.....

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

13. Blocks look like blocks, they arent small taps anymore, if KG blocks your shot, it will go in the stands

Eh, that rarely happens in real life. Most blocks in the NBA are just small taps.......

Originally Posted by Informerx

NKEAIR said:
13. Blocks look like blocks, they arent small taps anymore, if KG blocks your shot, it will go in the stands

Eh, that rarely happens in real life. Most blocks in the NBA are just small taps.......

yes I agree, what i really meant to say was there are actually blocks that dwight howard does, in 2k10, it went like 3 feet away when someone like howard blocked it

i was disappointed the demo was only one quarter and you couldnt even change the view. i guess they did their job because im more hyped to cop the game than ever. everything was much smoother, im impressed by the fade away jumpers and step backs. they look so much more realistic than 2k10

what is the fake pass button?

but still the more i play, i'm seeing choppy/dropped frames JUST LIKE LAST YEAR. is this game not complete, AGAIN?

and also, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever for them to make crossover the same analog you use to move your player... i'm trying to get used to it, but i can't.

one more thing... why cant the last person that touched the ball INBOUND the ball?

is it possible to do a moving fake pass?.. i dont like that it takes me off the dribble 
nerd.gif

& yes, the post game hasnt been changed.. it was pretty easy getting points in the paint w/ Pau. 

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Even though it's on pro level, I must say Rondo is a beast in this game. Give him any space in the lane and that dude will dunk on you
Dude yammed it on Pau and Bynum like it was nothing on a 1 on 2 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by al3x89

one more thing... why cant the last person that touched the ball INBOUND the ball?

I have always lobbied for manually choosing who can inbound the ball on inbound plays, but I guess it's not in this year's version neither....

Originally Posted by proper english

is it possible to do a moving fake pass?.. i dont like that it takes me off the dribble

Have you ever played basketball before?

Originally Posted by proper english

nerd.gif
Explain to me why a fake pass shouldn't kill your dribble?

Yes you can perform fake passes that lead to layups. IE.........the fake behind the back by Rondo.

I played it for 3 hours last night.

My main complaint is the dunking. It's definitely going to need some slider tweaking. Ron Artest can barely jump let alone  two hand !+%$ back on a fast break. I was also able to pull off way too many stand still dunks under the basket with Kobe.

- I don't know if the difficulty level enhances certain players attributes but Ray Allen dribbles way too much. Every game I play if he's not open coming off a screen he'll try to take Kobe off the dribble. That's not how Ray plays.

I did a hard foul on Rondo with Bynum that blew my damn mind. Thought I was playing Madden.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Why is it a waste of a button?

the fake pass could be incorporated into the pass button by quick tap or long press and use that button for spin move.

Back
Top Bottom