NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Demo is
pimp.gif

Feels smooth... animations and graphics look sick... can't wait to play the full version... they really seemed to improve on a lot of things

My impressions:

I played the demo a few more times....

You can only play as the Lakers

I didnt know Von Wafer was on the Celtics

The game speed is definitely better than 2k10, in 2k10 I was scared to use the turbo cuz players get tired too quick, but it's not crazy fast like 2k9

Player models look real good, KG and Kobe were on point

Anticipating a pass and stealing it was too easy for me, all I had to do was read where Ray or PP was coming off a pick/screen and I would press the steal button and intercept the ball from Rondo

There were a few uncontrolled animations that made me go out of bounds, but it wasnt as bad as 2k10

There was 1 play where Kobe spun off of Rondo from the Free Throw line, took 2 steps, and dunked it with 2 hands......I personally think in real life it would take more than 2 steps to get to the hole from the free throw line, maybe not....but it seemed too easy

Shooting was good, there's always a hand in your face, vice versa as well....but if you let go of the shot button too early the animation looks weird

You can now fake a pass, but I don't think it has any real benefits

Post game seems improved

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

You seriously don't think fake passing has benefits? Wait until you play a human.

Yeh, I forgot to add that maybe it would have benefits if you play online.....but the animation of the fake pass wasn't too convincing to me

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

How long before us non-xbox live gold members have to wait before we can play it?

Next week I believe.

Originally Posted by Informerx

My impressions:

I played the demo a few more times....

You can only play as the Lakers

I didnt know Von Wafer was on the Celtics

The game speed is definitely better than 2k10, in 2k10 I was scared to use the turbo cuz players get tired too quick, but it's not crazy fast like 2k9

Player models look real good, KG and Kobe were on point

Anticipating a pass and stealing it was too easy for me, all I had to do was read where Ray or PP was coming off a pick/screen and I would press the steal button and intercept the ball from Rondo

There were a few uncontrolled animations that made me go out of bounds, but it wasnt as bad as 2k10

There was 1 play where Kobe spun off of Rondo from the Free Throw line, took 2 steps, and dunked it with 2 hands......I personally think in real life it would take more than 2 steps to get to the hole from the free throw line, maybe not....but it seemed too easy

Shooting was good, there's always a hand in your face, vice versa as well....but if you let go of the shot button too early the animation looks weird

You can now fake a pass, but I don't think it has any real benefits

Post game seems improved

Just finish playing the demo 2x, and i did this about 4x with kobe, all you gotta do is set up on top and run into the defender while no one is in the paint and kobe will automatically do this. another thing i felt that was weird, kobe makes all the shots even whith about 2 or 3 defenders on him, like kobe still finds a way to make the shot while being pressed on.

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by bredin808

demo out for ps3 yet?
nope

Man that's one thing I hate about Sony.

The Playstation Store is updated randomly anywhere from 5 - 10 pm.

At least give people a timeframe when the updates will occur.

Yes I'm mad.
mad.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom