NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

tell me why in that commercial parish threw a screen for MJ???
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by marion706

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

After playing this I'll be picking up NBA Elite
get prepared for Carlos boozer taking off from the free-throw line and making half court dunks!
You can't possibly think that elite is even gonna be half as good as 2k. Like dude said,Boozer taking off from the free throw line and just unrealistic. 2k11 DEMO probably>Elite GAME
You won't possibly believe that they addressed that issue!
eek.gif

haters gon' hate.
Didn't even try the demo and judging the game already. Fan boys at their finest.

Originally Posted by Mister916

get prepared for Carlos boozer taking off from the free-throw line and making half court dunks!

You can't possibly think that elite is even gonna be half as good as 2k. Like dude said,Boozer taking off from the free throw line and just unrealistic. 2k11 DEMO probably>Elite GAME

eek.gif

haters gon' hate.
Didn't even try the demo and judging the game already. Fan boys at their finest.

QFT

Wouldnt you prefer both games be good...I mean it's good for competition..why you think madden sucks ????? They have no one to compete with

I just DL'ed the demo and it is
eek.gif
.. im on my 3rd go-around already.

I love the way it feels, definitely different in a positive way. First time ive said this in a longgg time.

Originally Posted by windycity7

I wonder if we will get fluctuating attendance numbers for each team. Notice they show the attendance at the beginning of the intro?
1st thing i thought about when i saw it

so the knicks should have a packed game and the crowd will be going in? or are the knicks going to get shafted ''/

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I wonder if we will get fluctuating attendance numbers for each team. Notice they show the attendance at the beginning of the intro?

This was posted 2 pages ago

Dynamic Attendance
Have you ever noticed that at a Lakers home game, during tip-off, the seats aren’t quite filled yet? As if half the ticket holders are stuck in 405 during rush hour.

NBA2K Gamer: Did you guys add this to NBA 2K11?
DDP: Yessir

Well, when you tip with Bynum come NBA 2K11, expect to see a couple of empty seats that won’t be filled until half way through the 1st Quarter. And this doesn’t just happen in LA, it happens in pretty much every city. We took attendance numbers and watched a lot of footage from every team in the NBA to make sure the numbers were as accurate as possible. Depending on which city the game is being played in, and who the players on the scheduled road team are, the arena may or may not be at full capacity at the start of the game. Over the course of the game, the arena will fill to its capacity at different rates.

Also, check out the arena at the beginning of the 3rd quarter to notice that some of the crowd takes its sweet time getting back to their seats. If you’ve ever been to an NBA game in person, you know that the lines for EVERYTHING (bathrooms, concession stands, etc…) can take a while so we thought it would be cool to represent this in the game. And if you are the unfortunate victim of a stomping on your home court, don’t wait for our NBA2K11 crowd to stick around for triple zeros.

This is just a basic overview of the Dynamic Attendance feature. Look for Erick Boenisch to go into more detail about how this works in The Association. It’s pretty cool.

Originally Posted by Informerx

Dynamic Attendance
Have you ever noticed that at a Lakers home game, during tip-off, the seats aren’t quite filled yet? As if half the ticket holders are stuck in 405 during rush hour.

Well, when you tip with Bynum come NBA 2K11, expect to see a couple of empty seats that won’t be filled until half way through the 1st Quarter. And this doesn’t just happen in LA, it happens in pretty much every city. We took attendance numbers and watched a lot of footage from every team in the NBA to make sure the numbers were as accurate as possible. Depending on which city the game is being played in, and who the players on the scheduled road team are, the arena may or may not be at full capacity at the start of the game. Over the course of the game, the arena will fill to its capacity at different rates.

Also, check out the arena at the beginning of the 3rd quarter to notice that some of the crowd takes its sweet time getting back to their seats. If you’ve ever been to an NBA game in person, you know that the lines for EVERYTHING (bathrooms, concession stands, etc…) can take a while so we thought it would be cool to represent this in the game. And if you are the unfortunate victim of a stomping on your home court, don’t wait for our NBA2K11 crowd to stick around for triple zeros.

This is just a basic overview of the Dynamic Attendance feature. Look for Erick Boenisch to go into more detail about how this works in The Association. It’s pretty cool.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
i wish i could save replays in the demo..

i just jab stepped right, went left, crossed back over to the center of the lane, put the ball behind my back on the way to the bucket and went in for a little reverse dunk with Kobe. I know it sounds wild but it looked so real and fluid.

Usually demos are wack to me, but this one is
pimp.gif
.. i wish you could play 2 quarters though

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

eek.gif
i wish i could save replays in the demo..

i just jab stepped right, went left, crossed back over to the center of the lane, put the ball behind my back on the way to the bucket and went in for a little reverse dunk with Kobe. I know it sounds wild but it looked so real and fluid.

Usually demos are wack to me, but this one is
pimp.gif
.. i wish you could play 2 quarters though
Me too.
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Originally Posted by toine2983

On a sidenote, I didn't know Diamond Dallas Page was a 2k producer.
eek.gif

laugh.gif

you serious? 
laugh.gif

Nah man.
laugh.gif

I just saw that the producer's name on the latest Insight is DDP.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Honestly, this game is really setting up to be the best 2K ever. If they get those online servers on point, it just might be
no question about it, i feel the same way

i really have to look thru the NBA Elite thread to see what keeps fans of that series coming back or what that game offers

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by Informerx

Dynamic Attendance

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but they didnt say that some arenas will be emptier than others it just said it will take longer for arenas to fill up.

if the nets have 3,000 fans throughout the game then ill be impressed.

didnt david stern say he wont allow them to use real attendance because it shows the league in a negative way?

also no techs...

Originally Posted by Mister916

eek.gif

haters gon' hate.

the +$+% are you talking about?

i'm just saying it was addressed because that's what one of the devs said in their blog.

i'm hating the 2k control system because it makes absolutely no sense. you can't control a player with the same stick as crossover.

i've been playing 2k since 2k8, so don't even try that fan boy !+*@. i know nba elite will probably suck @%*, but i prefer their controls a lot more. and there's also a few other things i hate about 2k that i won't get into cause everyone gets all worked up about it.

feels the same as 2k10. i think ima switch to elite..still need to demo elite when it comes out.

I hope this game outsells Madden this year (long shot I know) but this is definitely shaping up to be the best basketball game of the past 10 years. I have a feeling Elite is going to be a pretty good game too. I'm so glad the NBA allows Videogame competition, instead of selling out to EA like the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom