NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Man these the same damn ratings from last year
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WJuN15

not feelin how every one can dribble...even steve blake can dribble...they shouldve just disabled moves from guys like steve blake

you dont like what a player can do then edit the player. want kobe to miss 3's? lower his 3pt rating. want lebron to miss every dunk? lower his dunk rating

for people complaining about the player ratings just edit them to how you think they should be. simple as that.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

not feelin how every one can dribble...even steve blake can dribble...they shouldve just disabled moves from guys like steve blake

you dont like what a player can do then edit the player. want kobe to miss 3's? lower his 3pt rating. want lebron to miss every dunk? lower his dunk rating

for people complaining about the player ratings just edit them to how you think they should be. simple as that.
not that simple for us folks that play online

Originally Posted by NobleKane

this guy

you guys are hating on Ben Wallace, he played great last season so thats why his rating is high. he should be a 70 IMO but thats not bad at all.

Originally Posted by A Beautiful Wave

these ratings mean nothing you actually have to look at the specific ratings
Preach to these people man.
pimp.gif

Ok listen folks, when it comes to OVERALL RATINGS, don't hold too much value in them. Because a player has a higher overall rating than another player does not mean the game is saying one player is better than the other. It is simply saying that the overall formula for that POSITION favors one player over another. Also, as I mentioned before, do not compare the overalls of different positions. Why? Because the formulas aren't the same. The formula to get the overall for a C is not the same as the formula that produces the overall for a PF, SF, SG, or a PG. Which is why if you go into "Edit Player" mode and change the primary position of a player, their overall rating changes. So stop complaining about players that don't share positions.

Example, take David Lee. Good rebounder and inside scorer. Usually shoots a high percentage. But he is a HORRIBLE defender. Defense weighs heavily in overall ratings, so that is why he is "only" an 83.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Jennings is rated a 75

im really surprised Curry was rated an 80.
I would assume Curry's high offensive awareness and CONSISTENT shooting would make him 5 points higher than Jennings.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Also, why would Iguodala be rated 4 points higher than Rudy?
Defense. The defensive awareness/skills of these two players aren't close. THAT is why Iggy has a higher overall than Rudy by 4 points.

Originally Posted by Truballa101

laugh.gif
 @ David Lee being an 83. I like how most of the ratings are low, but some guys are a little too high.
give my man David Lee some credit! I believed he led the leagues in double doubles last year, sir.
He got credit. Do you see that not too many players are above an 80? Again, solid rebounder and makes shot close to the bucket and an improved mid-range shot. I don't understand how high you expect him to be. There is no way to calculate double-doubles into ratings. HIgh rebounds, which he will have.

Originally Posted by Informerx

ratings suck....Ben wallace a 74?
Defensive awareness, strength, post defense, rebounding will all be high. And those are KEY factors in determining the overall rating of a big man.

Originally Posted by bredin808

tmac got shafted with a 73
laugh.gif
. how is ben wallace & charlie v rated higher than tmac?
laugh.gif
1. Shafted? How so?

2. Why are you comparing a C and a PF to a SF?

I mean Ben Wallace is rated the same as Noah. 
laugh.gif
Noah's game doesn't translate well into ratings. I mean statistically, what does he do well? He will have a low offensive awareness rating. Defense is OK, nothing to write home about. Remember how heavily stats factor into most attributes.

Originally Posted by henz0

indifferent.gif
@ them giving my dude marc a 77
Yea, YOUR dude. What are you really expecting from him honestly?

Why y'all complaining about ratings? I download different rosters every year, 2k ratings always suck.

OS and 2kShare FTW.

13051.jpg

"Even the Clippers have a shot at kicking it with Barry in the Oval Office. NBA 2K11's revamped Association Mode sends your squad to the White House when you win it all. Are your GM skills up to the challenge?"

Originally Posted by toine2983

13051.jpg

"Even the Clippers have a shot at kicking it with Barry in the Oval Office. NBA 2K11's revamped Association Mode sends your squad to the White House when you win it all. Are your GM skills up to the challenge?"

Originally Posted by toine2983

13051.jpg

How the hell did they get Steve Blake in the game?

And I can't do 60% of those moves w/ Kobe.

Is the 360 version different or something?

Originally Posted by Im Not You

How the hell did they get Steve Blake in the game?

And I can't do 60% of those moves w/ Kobe.

Is the 360 version different or something?
I posted the controls a few pages back.

Foul Out Fisher to get Blake.

To manually foul, hold turbo and then press the right stick towards the offensive player.

Back
Top Bottom