NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

any info or word about online gameplay, netcode, & lobbies? Last 2k game I played online was 2k9 and that was downright horrendous.... 2k needs to use better netcodes and lobbies, the lag was really bad in 2k9 and messes up my jumpshot timing. Playing association mode by yourself is a totally different game compared to playing it online.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

They said I tipped toed the lines a lot with controversial topics. (Trolling I guess)

Eh no offense or anything, but I could kinda see you being a troll as well (tip toeing I guess).

Originally Posted by bredin808

any info or word about online gameplay, netcode, & lobbies? Last 2k game I played online was 2k9 and that was downright horrendous.... 2k needs to use better netcodes and lobbies, the lag was really bad in 2k9 and messes up my jumpshot timing. Playing association mode by yourself is a totally different game compared to playing it online.

Rarely ever had lagging problems with 2k9, 2k10 on the other hand..........

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yea I can understand that as well. But to say I was making racist comments was just..............ehh.

I agree 100% I mean, if someone is being racist it is usually pretty blatant.

I CANT @!@*!*% WAIT TILL 2K11 COMES OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pimp.gif

That radio show was pretty nice. Dudes on there made a lot of good points. 
laugh.gif
@ the Jesus reference at the end

for those who played the demo on the ps3 version, how exactly do you do the special dribble moves? i saw the video, but i am looking to see the ps3 controls.

thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

for those who played the demo on the ps3 version, how exactly do you do the special dribble moves? i saw the video, but i am looking to see the ps3 controls.

thanks in advance.

they are pretty easy, I just followed the xbox guide and it works...just practice with kobe

they are pretty easy, I just followed the xbox guide and it works...just practice with kobe

i just want to know the specific buttons, i am not a 2k player and i want to know what they are.

i been trying with Kobe, the demo so short, I run outta time and i feel like i am mashing buttons a little bit.

i just want to know the specific buttons, i am not a 2k player and i want to know what they are.

i been trying with Kobe, the demo so short, I run outta time and i feel like i am mashing buttons a little bit.

hold L2 and move the left analog stick

I'm a former Live player too, so how do you back down and spin off on 360?
I can't do work with Bynum for nothin'
30t6p3b.gif

i may make the switch this year that elite demo has disappointed me greatly ...

here is the thing with 2k ... and why i remain with frustration ..

maybe one of you 2k gurus in here can help me out.

basically i miss A LOT of shots, layup as well as jumpers (some wide open)

is there a certain way i should be shooting the ball? i don't care to use a shot stick, maybe i need to learn? i have no clue

am i pushing the button to hard to soft, releasing at the wrong moment? what is the tip to more accurate shooting when it comes to this franchise, i never could get it ... please enlighten me.

thanks.

is there a certain way i should be shooting the ball? i don't care to use a shot stick, maybe i need to learn? i have no clue

am i pushing the button to hard to soft, releasing at the wrong moment? what is the tip to more accurate shooting when it comes to this franchise, i never could get it ... please enlighten me.

thanks.

your layup problem, i dont know whats wrong, since you dont use the shotstick, you should be making like most of your layups if your wide open, but if you are using the shot stick, flicking the shot stick in the opposite direction of the basket would make the player do a floater, which is inaccurate

as for your jumpers, you need to learn the timing of certain players, like ray allen will have a quick release which will make you hold on the shot button for a shorter period of time compared to KG

your best bet is to go to practice mode, and set it to hall of fame, since if you master the hall of fame difficulty, you should do fine if you play the easier difficulties

and heres a tip, USE THE SHOT STICK, although it sounds kind of stupid to people who arent used to it, they think 2k basically replicated the shot button on the analog stick, its actually REALLY helpful

you definitely need this if you want to play in the post, also in 2k11, you will be able to do the eurostep and spins like that

I bet most 2k players like me only use the shot stick, i wouldnt mind 2k getting rid of the shot button entirely and adding some new function (they shouldve made that button the fake pass and kept the screen button or something)

anyways good luck

O
Originally Posted by NKEAIR

stillmaticshay said:

thanks.

your layup problem, i dont know whats wrong, since you dont use the shotstick, you should be making like most of your layups if your wide open, but if you are using the shot stick, flicking the shot stick in the opposite direction of the basket would make the player do a floater, which is inaccurate

as for your jumpers, you need to learn the timing of certain players, like ray allen will have a quick release which will make you hold on the shot button for a shorter period of time compared to KG

your best bet is to go to practice mode, and set it to hall of fame, since if you master the hall of fame difficulty, you should do fine if you play the easier difficulties

and heres a tip, USE THE SHOT STICK, although it sounds kind of stupid to people who arent used to it, they think 2k basically replicated the shot button on the analog stick, its actually REALLY helpful

you definitely need this if you want to play in the post, also in 2k11, you will be able to do the eurostep and spins like that

I bet most 2k players like me only use the shot stick, i wouldnt mind 2k getting rid of the shot button entirely and adding some new function (they shouldve made that button the fake pass and kept the screen button or something)

anyways good luck

I use both the shot stick and the button..its weird I just use them at random times I like it tho...the shot stick is better tho..gives you a feel for the player shot

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

That radio show was pretty nice. Dudes on there made a lot of good points. 
laugh.gif
@ the Jesus reference at the end
Yeah it's really good, I enjoyed it a lot.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Anyone live in an area that they had to do a pre-order?
laugh.gif

i dont think anyone has to pre order, but i preordered mines

i figured i get a free xbox avatar for a game i know i will buy

(plus i the gamestop hookup was nice)

Any place doing $20 giftcards preorders for this game??? Like Bestbuy and Walmart did for Halo
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom