NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

Anybody play with the Grizzlies..i'm struggling
laugh.gif
Two questions:
What are you struggling with?
Do you know how they play in real life?

They work inside/out. Its best to run OJ off screens/spot-ups. Iso Rudy on the wing or post him up. You have Randolph and Gasol, use them to your advantage and give them the ball down low. Conley is pretty good at the top of the key on pick and roll action or isolation.

Everybody unlocking number Jordans and *%$#. I'm unlocking *%$# like CP3 signature shoes. 
laugh.gif

Hey DC what are you're game sliders looking like?

I remember you posting some good ones for 2k10.

And yeah, I usually play 2k on All Star or Superstar. The super-duper CPU AI on HOF is ridiculous, hitting 18 ft baseline fadeaways with Bynum is no bueno.
30t6p3b.gif

The CPU AI on the highest levels for most sports games tends to be extremely cheesy and unrealistic, but to each his own.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Quick tip: If you want your rating to shoot sky high fast if you're a scorer or all around etc. turn up your Offensive Awareness with your Skill Points. I won a Rival Game and got 4000 skill points and used em all on Offensive Awareness. Went from 20 to about 60 or 70 something. My dude shot up from a 63 to a 69
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Yeah increasing a player's Offensive/Defensive Awareness is a quick way to boost their overall rating.

I thought they said players start running a play when the offense isnt doing anything? I'm stuck with the 24 clock running down and no ones moving so I gotta get my iverson on and do some iso. is that how it's suppose to be or am I suppose to call out the plays everytime?

3 straight games I get cut off. Still not doing the defensive right stick properly. Why can't it be up for hands up? And why can't the defender move while his hands are up? Weird.

3 straight games I get cut off. Still not doing the defensive right stick properly. Why can't it be up for hands up? And why can't the defender move while his hands are up? Weird.

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

I thought they said players start running a play when the offense isnt doing anything? I'm stuck with the 24 clock running down and no ones moving so I gotta get my iverson on and do some iso. is that how it's suppose to be or am I suppose to call out the plays everytime?
There should be a slider on the D-Pad menu, that will let you change things like "crash boards", "call plays", etc... Just move the "call plays" all the way up and it should smooth itself out.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

I completed 'The Arrival' yet once I went back to the menu, it didn't give me credit for completing the challenge. Any idea why? I was pretty disappointed, due to the fact I stayed up till 2AM to actually play.
Yeah, I got an idea why.. you didn't actually complete it
laugh.gif
The game autosaves right when you return to the menu, so if you accurately completed all of the goals , it would have registered. Double check, I'm sure you failed at one of the goals.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

DC, or anyone else...what teams do you guys recommend using to play online?

this is my first NBA game since 09, so i need practice! And im not trying to choose the lakers or the heat because i know they probably being used a lot
30t6p3b.gif
I use any team I feel like using. I don't have any set teams I use. I like everyone.

Originally Posted by servedchilled

is there a link where i can read this Hof game cheating ?
nerd.gif
The Devs said it a few years ago. They mentioned that any level above superstar inflates player ratings, which means people act out of character. I'm not looking for it but I have no reason to lie.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Hey DC what are you're game sliders looking like?

I remember you posting some good ones for 2k10.
I don't understand why the sim sliders have the "Look for Post Players" tendency slider at 80

I think the 3PT slider is too low. I have my slider at 48 and it works wonders. Same as previous years.

I also increased my fouls

I also decreased the stamina slider (attributes) to 45 so players can tire faster.

I also dropped passing accuracy to 47 to see more non-steal turnovers.

Why can't I throw bounce passes?

I went into scrimmage and it doesn't tell you how to throw them.

Unless its just random, which would suck.

They really punish you in My Player.

Some of these goals are absurd and for every negative play you do, it basically cancels out all of the positives you do.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

We don't have control over the type of passes we make.

SJSneakerheadIII wrote:

for every negative play you do, it basically cancels out all of the positives you do.
And explain why it shouldn't be that way? Does getting a steal mean more in a positive way than a turnover means in a negative way? I think not. Stop complaining that the game isn't easy. We were SPOILED last year when it came to how easy it was to get an A grade. Way too easy. Now it is more realistic and people are going crazy.

my player sucks the gameplay is atrocious everyone on your team plays like moochie norris, and also why the hell did 2K screw with the drills ? they suck balls now

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

We don't have control over the type of passes we make.

frown.gif

Whenever i do a pick and roll, I try to pass it to my "rolling player" but i end up just passing to someone else and it gets intercepted.

Anyone else have this problem?

^why not do the button select passing thing, where you press RB to bring up who you want to pass the ball to?

Originally Posted by Simply Certified

Originally Posted by henz0

I keep getting disconnected from every game
indifferent.gif

its the worst when u winning too
30t6p3b.gif

i was playiong last night (18k + were online around 1pm chitime) & got dc'ed 3times playing the same dude from my league....all right after the 1st q ended

sorry i'm at work can't really look back through the thread right now. but is there any codes to unlock the jordans yet. It's really deflating to complete a difficult change and get "rewarded" with some jordan team isos.

I'm having a problem with my team getting back on defense. After a missed 3 or long jumper the cpu almost always get  an easy lay-up. Any way i can fix this? i looked on the replay one time bc i was so frustrated, 1/2 of my team stood there the other 1/2 just lightly jogged down the court. my player ended up 3 on 1 SMH.

Back
Top Bottom