NBA Draft Thread 2011

I just peeped that, he'd be a fool to stay IMO. Kyrie and DWill have the top 2 slots locked (assuming Barnes comes back)

I don't know why the idea of D-Will having to be or being a 3 is out there.

He isn't capable first of all, but he does not need to. I really don't see why he can't play PF successfully.

I don't know why the idea of D-Will having to be or being a 3 is out there.

He isn't capable first of all, but he does not need to. I really don't see why he can't play PF successfully.

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Derrick Williams is the only legit star I can see so far, maybe Kyrie but we will see.

lolDWill will be a Josh Smith at best. His shot is mediocre, he has no handle, he's not a legit 3 or 4. He just an athletic tweener.
What's so bad about being "a Josh Smith"? 

Also, his jumper is way better than you give him credit for.  If he would have shot 6 or 7 more 3's he would have led the country in 3 pt % by a large margin.  He finishes with either hand well, with contact, and has a good motor on the boards.  He has a 7'2 wingspan and good athleticism so I don't see why he can't be a face up 4 and play the perimeter on occasions as his first step is very quick for his size and can take players bigger than him off the dribble.

I'm not saying he will be a star but he will be a solid NBA player. 

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Derrick Williams is the only legit star I can see so far, maybe Kyrie but we will see.

lolDWill will be a Josh Smith at best. His shot is mediocre, he has no handle, he's not a legit 3 or 4. He just an athletic tweener.
What's so bad about being "a Josh Smith"? 

Also, his jumper is way better than you give him credit for.  If he would have shot 6 or 7 more 3's he would have led the country in 3 pt % by a large margin.  He finishes with either hand well, with contact, and has a good motor on the boards.  He has a 7'2 wingspan and good athleticism so I don't see why he can't be a face up 4 and play the perimeter on occasions as his first step is very quick for his size and can take players bigger than him off the dribble.

I'm not saying he will be a star but he will be a solid NBA player. 

If DWill keeps improving like he has over the past 3 summers, there's no reason he wont be a very solid nba player.

If DWill keeps improving like he has over the past 3 summers, there's no reason he wont be a very solid nba player.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Jay02

Damn I wanted to see Kyrie with Rivers

Probably why he is leaving
laugh.gif
Wouldnt doubt that is the reason. I know its hard to turn down millions but how fun would it be to be playing as the 2 best gaurds in the country together. 
If I was number 1 in the country I think it would be realllly fun to play with the other number 1 prospect in the country.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Jay02

Damn I wanted to see Kyrie with Rivers

Probably why he is leaving
laugh.gif
Wouldnt doubt that is the reason. I know its hard to turn down millions but how fun would it be to be playing as the 2 best gaurds in the country together. 
If I was number 1 in the country I think it would be realllly fun to play with the other number 1 prospect in the country.

I haven't seen much of Kyrie Irving, nor has anyone. 11 games is 1/3 of a one college season. By taking him with the number one pick, the lottery winner will be assuming a huge risk, and I think that speaks to the historic weakness of this Draft class. I could be wrong, but I see no explosive talent in this year's pool of draftees. Maybe Derrick Williams, but I can't see him being anything more than a strong #2 option.

I haven't seen much of Kyrie Irving, nor has anyone. 11 games is 1/3 of a one college season. By taking him with the number one pick, the lottery winner will be assuming a huge risk, and I think that speaks to the historic weakness of this Draft class. I could be wrong, but I see no explosive talent in this year's pool of draftees. Maybe Derrick Williams, but I can't see him being anything more than a strong #2 option.

I'd love to have DWilliams on the Warriors at the 3. Unfortunately...we're not gonna get the ping pong balls.
30t6p3b.gif

I'd love to have DWilliams on the Warriors at the 3. Unfortunately...we're not gonna get the ping pong balls.
30t6p3b.gif

Whoever has the number 1 pick will get all they need to know about Kyrie. With all the workouts he will do, and they have been scouting the kid since he was probably a jr in hs...

Whoever has the number 1 pick will get all they need to know about Kyrie. With all the workouts he will do, and they have been scouting the kid since he was probably a jr in hs...

I knew I wasn't crazy. As soon as Chase adjusts to the NBA style, he is gonna go nuts. Right now he is still playing to much like a structured player in Houston. Once NBA mentality sets in he'll be scoring with ease.

I knew I wasn't crazy. As soon as Chase adjusts to the NBA style, he is gonna go nuts. Right now he is still playing to much like a structured player in Houston. Once NBA mentality sets in he'll be scoring with ease.

Back
Top Bottom