NBA Draft Thread 2011

DIE JewSeeJay DIEEEEEEE
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

man the bobcats better get a guard w/ #9.....ima be so god damn pissed if they don't

You ain't ever lied. Marcus morris better keep running his mouth so we don't take him. I prefer vucevic at 19 over jajuan

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

man the bobcats better get a guard w/ #9.....ima be so god damn pissed if they don't

You ain't ever lied. Marcus morris better keep running his mouth so we don't take him. I prefer vucevic at 19 over jajuan

I think Matt Howard is going to be a solid bench player that sticks around in the league for a long time.

I think Matt Howard is going to be a solid bench player that sticks around in the league for a long time.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by raptors29

What's the word on Jan Vesely?
He's a 6'11 SF who block shots and rebounds, his jump shot and ball handling is shaky, best case Shawn Mario or Kerilinko.

My problem is he has no position, can't rebound well enough the be a 4 and doesn't seem to be a good enough shooter or ball handler to play the 3.

Why would the Wizards take him then? I have a feeling teams are overrating him. But I could be wrong because I've never seen him play. 

He's a 6'11 SF who block shots and rebounds, his jump shot and ball handling is shaky, best case Shawn Mario or Kerilinko.

My problem is he has no position, can't rebound well enough the be a 4 and doesn't seem to be a good enough shooter or ball handler to play the 3.

Why would the Wizards take him then? I have a feeling teams are overrating him. But I could be wrong because I've never seen him play. 

The Cavaliers, after taking the temperature of the Timberwolves and Jazz to see if Kyrie Irving could somehow fall to No. 4 in Thursday's NBA draft, are planning to select the former Duke guard as the No. 1 pick and are fielding offers for the fourth pick, league sources said Monday.

In a perfect world for the Cavs, they would draft Irving and former Arizona forward Derrick Williams, which is why they were also interested in dealing for the second pick.

[h4]Five-on-Five: Solving Draft's Mysteries[/h4]
abbott_henry_m.jpg

TrueHoop's Henry Abbott joins other experts to answer five questions that remain, three days before the NBA selects its 2011 draft class. 5-on-5

But what they found out is that getting both players would be a stretch.

Utah has called Minnesota in an attempt to move up to No. 2, looking to land Williams or Irving, a source told ESPN.com's Andy Katz. But the Timberwolves were sticking with the plan of keeping the pick if the Cavs don't select Williams, according to a source.

In preparation for the No. 4 pick, Cleveland brought in Kentucky point guard Brandon Knight for a visit Monday.

And former Kentucky student Enes Kanter of Turkey, who was ruled by the NCAA to be permanently ineligible with the school, returned Monday for a second visit.

The Wolves, meanwhile, won't let Williams slip beyond No. 2 and don't plan on trading Michael Beasley or Anthony Randolph.

The Cavaliers, after taking the temperature of the Timberwolves and Jazz to see if Kyrie Irving could somehow fall to No. 4 in Thursday's NBA draft, are planning to select the former Duke guard as the No. 1 pick and are fielding offers for the fourth pick, league sources said Monday.

In a perfect world for the Cavs, they would draft Irving and former Arizona forward Derrick Williams, which is why they were also interested in dealing for the second pick.

[h4]Five-on-Five: Solving Draft's Mysteries[/h4]
abbott_henry_m.jpg

TrueHoop's Henry Abbott joins other experts to answer five questions that remain, three days before the NBA selects its 2011 draft class. 5-on-5

But what they found out is that getting both players would be a stretch.

Utah has called Minnesota in an attempt to move up to No. 2, looking to land Williams or Irving, a source told ESPN.com's Andy Katz. But the Timberwolves were sticking with the plan of keeping the pick if the Cavs don't select Williams, according to a source.

In preparation for the No. 4 pick, Cleveland brought in Kentucky point guard Brandon Knight for a visit Monday.

And former Kentucky student Enes Kanter of Turkey, who was ruled by the NCAA to be permanently ineligible with the school, returned Monday for a second visit.

The Wolves, meanwhile, won't let Williams slip beyond No. 2 and don't plan on trading Michael Beasley or Anthony Randolph.

With a point guard like Wall I'm guessing they believe his offensive problems will be limited, if he just become a consistent standstill 3 point shooter I think he can be very very good.
If he plays with a guy like Wall where he just catch lobs, hit open three's and block shots he would be a really good fit next to the wizards, but I don't think he will ever be a guy who can create his own shot.

With a point guard like Wall I'm guessing they believe his offensive problems will be limited, if he just become a consistent standstill 3 point shooter I think he can be very very good.
If he plays with a guy like Wall where he just catch lobs, hit open three's and block shots he would be a really good fit next to the wizards, but I don't think he will ever be a guy who can create his own shot.

So looks like Kahn is going to be forced to pick D-Will or Kanter...where would either of them play though, it's already a logjam up in the frontcourt.

This is not for selfish reasons when I say this but, why would Minnesota draft D.W. when they have all those players that play that same position? If anything you should trade the damn pick instead of picking dude just because he is there. No way they take D.W. and keep him, Randolph, Beas, Milicic and Love. Would be just flat out dumb. And I don't think Kahn has the intelligence to realize that it's ridiculous. They should take a damn center, and he is sitting right there in Kanter.

Long as the Cavs end up with Irving and Williams, or Irving and Kanter, or Williams and Kanter, or Williams and Knight, i'm cool. Damn Timberwolves messing up the whole damn draft because their GM is an idiot

This is not for selfish reasons when I say this but, why would Minnesota draft D.W. when they have all those players that play that same position? If anything you should trade the damn pick instead of picking dude just because he is there. No way they take D.W. and keep him, Randolph, Beas, Milicic and Love. Would be just flat out dumb. And I don't think Kahn has the intelligence to realize that it's ridiculous. They should take a damn center, and he is sitting right there in Kanter.

Long as the Cavs end up with Irving and Williams, or Irving and Kanter, or Williams and Kanter, or Williams and Knight, i'm cool. Damn Timberwolves messing up the whole damn draft because their GM is an idiot

So looks like Kahn is going to be forced to pick D-Will or Kanter...where would either of them play though, it's already a logjam up in the frontcourt.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

They're messing up the draft for the Cavaliers you mean?

When you're as bad as the Timberwolves (lowest winning percentage in the last 3 years and it's not even close) you don't draft for need you draft for talent and you sort it out later. The only "need" on a team this bad is "talent".

The center they can get back for Derrick Williams after they draft him is far more valuable than just taking Enes Kanter and rolling with him.

Don't give me any #!+#%%#+ about not having any leverage.... all it takes is for two teams to want Derrick Williams and his bargaining price skyrockets. Teams are already knocking down the Timbrewolves door for him before they've even taken him (Rockets, Jazz, Wizards, etc.)

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

They're messing up the draft for the Cavaliers you mean?

When you're as bad as the Timberwolves (lowest winning percentage in the last 3 years and it's not even close) you don't draft for need you draft for talent and you sort it out later. The only "need" on a team this bad is "talent".

The center they can get back for Derrick Williams after they draft him is far more valuable than just taking Enes Kanter and rolling with him.

Don't give me any #!+#%%#+ about not having any leverage.... all it takes is for two teams to want Derrick Williams and his bargaining price skyrockets. Teams are already knocking down the Timbrewolves door for him before they've even taken him (Rockets, Jazz, Wizards, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom