NBA Draft Thread 2011

I'm hoping the Wolves trade the pick to a team with a solid core because D Will can step in right away as a solid contributor as a 3rd option or so.
The Suns would be too dope

I'm hoping the Wolves trade the pick to a team with a solid core because D Will can step in right away as a solid contributor as a 3rd option or so.
The Suns would be too dope

This is not for selfish reasons when I say this but, why would Minnesota draft D.W. when they have all those players that play that same position? If anything you should trade the damn pick instead of picking dude just because he is there. No way they take D.W. and keep him, Randolph, Beas, Milicic and Love. Would be just flat out dumb. And I don't think Kahn has the intelligence to realize that it's ridiculous. They should take a damn center, and he is sitting right there in Kanter.

Long as the Cavs end up with Irving and Williams, or Irving and Kanter, or Williams and Kanter, or Williams and Knight, i'm cool. Damn Timberwolves messing up the whole damn draft because their GM is an idiot
This is not fantasy basketball.

You take the best player available in most situations. As JPZ mentioned above. NBA rosters turn over like revolving doors and it doesn't work with crappy teams saying "well we need a center right now so gotta draft the best one of those."

If the Wolves decide DW is the best player at that spot (and he could be far and away the best player in their eyes) they better take him. Or trade him for higher value back.

This is not for selfish reasons when I say this but, why would Minnesota draft D.W. when they have all those players that play that same position? If anything you should trade the damn pick instead of picking dude just because he is there. No way they take D.W. and keep him, Randolph, Beas, Milicic and Love. Would be just flat out dumb. And I don't think Kahn has the intelligence to realize that it's ridiculous. They should take a damn center, and he is sitting right there in Kanter.

Long as the Cavs end up with Irving and Williams, or Irving and Kanter, or Williams and Kanter, or Williams and Knight, i'm cool. Damn Timberwolves messing up the whole damn draft because their GM is an idiot

You take the best player available in most situations. As JPZ mentioned above. NBA rosters turn over like revolving doors and it doesn't work with crappy teams saying "well we need a center right now so gotta draft the best one of those."

If the Wolves decide DW is the best player at that spot (and he could be far and away the best player in their eyes) they better take him. Or trade him for higher value back.

Just what the Knicks need another shooter that's a turnstyle on defense.

Just what the Knicks need another shooter that's a turnstyle on defense.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

This is not for selfish reasons when I say this but, why would Minnesota
draft D.W. when they have all those players that play that same
position? If anything you should trade the damn pick instead of picking
dude just because he is there. No way they take D.W. and keep him,
Randolph, Beas, Milicic and Love. Would be just flat out dumb. And I
don't think Kahn has the intelligence to realize that it's ridiculous.
They should take a damn center, and he is sitting right there in Kanter.

Long as the Cavs end up with Irving and Williams, or Irving and Kanter,
or Williams and Kanter, or Williams and Knight, i'm cool. Damn
Timberwolves messing up the whole damn draft because their GM is an
idiot

I don't think you take a player just because he is there when you already have at least four talented players at that position already, S O R R Y.

And if you do take him you better damn well have intentions on trading him, or at least a few of those other players. In fact, you better have a deal already made, and not some deal that might, could be, or we're talking about making. Just don't think that's how you go about building a team when the number one thing you need the most is sitting right there in front of you.

Matter of fact, you know what, let me backtrack. Kahn makes these kind of dumb picks, so I fully expect him to take D.W., ain't like dude has ever drafted a position that he already had players for before

oh wait, he did, in the same draft

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

This is not for selfish reasons when I say this but, why would Minnesota
draft D.W. when they have all those players that play that same
position? If anything you should trade the damn pick instead of picking
dude just because he is there. No way they take D.W. and keep him,
Randolph, Beas, Milicic and Love. Would be just flat out dumb. And I
don't think Kahn has the intelligence to realize that it's ridiculous.
They should take a damn center, and he is sitting right there in Kanter.

Long as the Cavs end up with Irving and Williams, or Irving and Kanter,
or Williams and Kanter, or Williams and Knight, i'm cool. Damn
Timberwolves messing up the whole damn draft because their GM is an
idiot

I don't think you take a player just because he is there when you already have at least four talented players at that position already, S O R R Y.

And if you do take him you better damn well have intentions on trading him, or at least a few of those other players. In fact, you better have a deal already made, and not some deal that might, could be, or we're talking about making. Just don't think that's how you go about building a team when the number one thing you need the most is sitting right there in front of you.

Matter of fact, you know what, let me backtrack. Kahn makes these kind of dumb picks, so I fully expect him to take D.W., ain't like dude has ever drafted a position that he already had players for before

oh wait, he did, in the same draft

all of this "talk" is just front offices positioning for backup plans

Over under on Kahn moves is 3... im gonna take the over

all of this "talk" is just front offices positioning for backup plans

Over under on Kahn moves is 3... im gonna take the over

Love is the only one that is more talented than Derrick Williams.

Darko is a bum, Anthony Randolph is still a question mark, and Williams will just be a better version of Beasley anyway. Plus picking Kanter in that spot makes less sense because they already have Love... unless they plan on moving Love, or he eventually leaves. Take Williams and either move the other players or send him out for a veteran.

And we're still on this 4 PGs thing? I don't even like Kahn but I'm over that nonsense. Lawson was picked for the Nuggets, same with Calathes. Flynn after Rubio was dumb, though.

Love is the only one that is more talented than Derrick Williams.

Darko is a bum, Anthony Randolph is still a question mark, and Williams will just be a better version of Beasley anyway. Plus picking Kanter in that spot makes less sense because they already have Love... unless they plan on moving Love, or he eventually leaves. Take Williams and either move the other players or send him out for a veteran.

And we're still on this 4 PGs thing? I don't even like Kahn but I'm over that nonsense. Lawson was picked for the Nuggets, same with Calathes. Flynn after Rubio was dumb, though.

Jimmer has a handle can create HIS OWN shot over taller defenders

something JJ and Adam Morrison could NEVER DO!!

That the stereotypical comparison between a white athlete to another.
Jimmer = Mike Bibby/Bobby Jackson

Jimmer has a handle can create HIS OWN shot over taller defenders

something JJ and Adam Morrison could NEVER DO!!

That the stereotypical comparison between a white athlete to another.
Jimmer = Mike Bibby/Bobby Jackson

@Gambo620 Suns and Warriors have discussed trade scenarios in which Robin Lopez goes to Golden State and 11th pick plus Udoh ends up with Phoenix
@Gambo620 Phoenix looking to add second first-round pick so they can address power forward and point guard in Thursday's draft.
@Gambo620 If Tristin Thompson is there at 13 he is likely a Sun if not than Markieff Morris gets the nod and if he's gone I think Shumpert is the guy
@Gambo620 No chance that T. Thompson is there at 13 so pick likely comes down to Markieff Morris or Iman Shumpert. I don't see Jimmer being the pick.

Back
Top Bottom