NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by sonunox34

Originally Posted by PMatic

He believes Minnesota has an excellent team and predicted that they would make the playoffs next season if Ricky Rubio signed.
Link

Kanter is talking reckless 
roll.gif
 T-Wolves are a wreck
Kahn going to believe in this dude and drafted him then come up with some bs how him and Love/Darko will be the best front court tandem ever
grin.gif

He believes Minnesota has an excellent team and predicted that they would make the playoffs next season if Ricky Rubio signed.
Link

Kanter is talking reckless 
roll.gif
 T-Wolves are a wreck
Kahn going to believe in this dude and drafted him then come up with some bs how him and Love/Darko will be the best front court tandem ever
grin.gif

I highly doubt Jennings will get traded. Its only his second year and he's 21. He has alot to work on but give him more time.

I really want Jimmer to back him up.

I highly doubt Jennings will get traded. Its only his second year and he's 21. He has alot to work on but give him more time.

I really want Jimmer to back him up.

Am I the only one who thinks that the '11 Draft Class > '10 Draft Class?

Last years draft was utter garbage looking back at it, and I see a lot of potential in this years draft.

Last years draft was utter garbage looking back at it, and I see a lot of potential in this years draft.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

I don't know really Wall is the only franchise player in last years I can see most of this year's draft guy being decent starters and role players. Williams and Irving if drafted to Cleveland seems like the only two that will be real productive five years from now. Everyone else could be good role players on the right team and coach/system.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

I don't know really Wall is the only franchise player in last years I can see most of this year's draft guy being decent starters and role players. Williams and Irving if drafted to Cleveland seems like the only two that will be real productive five years from now. Everyone else could be good role players on the right team and coach/system.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Brandon jennings to the knicks. Get it done. #17 and Fields. Stop playing around.
fire PharelFor3
roll.gif

Jazz have a great opportunity to draft well and be right back inthe hunt for a #8 seed... im definitely interested to see if they havethe balls to grab Jimmer #3

If Im Utah i jump the gun and take Alec Burks at 3.

He is not as good of a prospect overall as Knight/Kemba imo but if they really want Jimmer they cant pair him with one of those 2. Also i definitley think that Burks is by far the best 2 guard in the draft (Utah's position of need) and i truly think he has one of the highest ceilings in the entire draft. If i only have one pick and i need a guard im taking Knight/Kemba any day, but i honestly think that Jimmer/Burks is a better backcourt combination than anybody you can pair with Kemba/Knight with the 12th pick due to this draft being pretty deep at the point and paper thin at the 2. I also think that put in the right situation Burks certainly has the POTENTIAL to be a better NBA player than Knight or Kemba. Hes far from a sure thing, but if you take him at 3 and than snag Jimmer at 12 i think that is a great backcourt moving forward.

Even beyond being advertised as a rocky mountain duo and the amount of tickets they would sell, if you want to pair Jimmer with any guard in this draft it would be Burks considering that he is very tall/athletic (which Jimmer is not so much) AND he has the ability to run the point on offense allowing Jimmer to play off the ball once in awhile, and utilize his scoring/shooting touch which are his best qualities, while still guarding point guards on defense and not being outmatched because Burks can guard the 2.

in a weak draft like this i honestly think this is the Jazz's best scenario, rather than like taking B-Knight at 3 and than Klay Thompson or some #$!* at 12 because i dont think those 2 compliment each other nearly as well, and i also wouldnt take someone like Kanter because a) he doesnt want to play there so he could either @!$# them over or opt out of his contract asap, AND b) i think that after trading away Deron, restructuring the backcourt should be Utah's #1 priority- which Burks/Jimmer would do- especially with all of their frontcourt talent they currently have after the NJ trade.

I really think that with the 3 and 12 seletions in the draft, as i said, the best possible backcourt combo you could potentially make is Burks/Jimmer- and it makes even more sense that it is the Jazz who have the picks considering that both Burks and Jimmer would be more than happy playing in Utah, im sure and Utah's need of completely restructuring their backcourt.

If you select those 2 and pair them with other young guys like Favors and Haywood, Al Jefferson also, along with a couple more of their own lotto selections and some more draft picks from NJ (lotto/top 5 potential) which although im not 100% sure on the details im pretty sure they still own a few picks, and than look to potentially move guys like Devin HArris, Okur, AK47, etc for some more picks or young talent i think that is a very nice team moving forward considering their potential. And with 2 lottery selections in a draft that is considered to be not so good, if you could potentially select your team's starting back court of 2 talented young players who play well together and also enjoy playing together... in  Utah nevertheless, moving forward, i would consider that extremely successful...

obviously that is the best possible scenario and Burks/Jimmer could potentially not pan out, but with all things considered in this draft, i take that risk if i am Utah's GM... but thats just me

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Brandon jennings to the knicks. Get it done. #17 and Fields. Stop playing around.
fire PharelFor3
roll.gif

Jazz have a great opportunity to draft well and be right back inthe hunt for a #8 seed... im definitely interested to see if they havethe balls to grab Jimmer #3

If Im Utah i jump the gun and take Alec Burks at 3.

He is not as good of a prospect overall as Knight/Kemba imo but if they really want Jimmer they cant pair him with one of those 2. Also i definitley think that Burks is by far the best 2 guard in the draft (Utah's position of need) and i truly think he has one of the highest ceilings in the entire draft. If i only have one pick and i need a guard im taking Knight/Kemba any day, but i honestly think that Jimmer/Burks is a better backcourt combination than anybody you can pair with Kemba/Knight with the 12th pick due to this draft being pretty deep at the point and paper thin at the 2. I also think that put in the right situation Burks certainly has the POTENTIAL to be a better NBA player than Knight or Kemba. Hes far from a sure thing, but if you take him at 3 and than snag Jimmer at 12 i think that is a great backcourt moving forward.

Even beyond being advertised as a rocky mountain duo and the amount of tickets they would sell, if you want to pair Jimmer with any guard in this draft it would be Burks considering that he is very tall/athletic (which Jimmer is not so much) AND he has the ability to run the point on offense allowing Jimmer to play off the ball once in awhile, and utilize his scoring/shooting touch which are his best qualities, while still guarding point guards on defense and not being outmatched because Burks can guard the 2.

in a weak draft like this i honestly think this is the Jazz's best scenario, rather than like taking B-Knight at 3 and than Klay Thompson or some #$!* at 12 because i dont think those 2 compliment each other nearly as well, and i also wouldnt take someone like Kanter because a) he doesnt want to play there so he could either @!$# them over or opt out of his contract asap, AND b) i think that after trading away Deron, restructuring the backcourt should be Utah's #1 priority- which Burks/Jimmer would do- especially with all of their frontcourt talent they currently have after the NJ trade.

I really think that with the 3 and 12 seletions in the draft, as i said, the best possible backcourt combo you could potentially make is Burks/Jimmer- and it makes even more sense that it is the Jazz who have the picks considering that both Burks and Jimmer would be more than happy playing in Utah, im sure and Utah's need of completely restructuring their backcourt.

If you select those 2 and pair them with other young guys like Favors and Haywood, Al Jefferson also, along with a couple more of their own lotto selections and some more draft picks from NJ (lotto/top 5 potential) which although im not 100% sure on the details im pretty sure they still own a few picks, and than look to potentially move guys like Devin HArris, Okur, AK47, etc for some more picks or young talent i think that is a very nice team moving forward considering their potential. And with 2 lottery selections in a draft that is considered to be not so good, if you could potentially select your team's starting back court of 2 talented young players who play well together and also enjoy playing together... in  Utah nevertheless, moving forward, i would consider that extremely successful...

obviously that is the best possible scenario and Burks/Jimmer could potentially not pan out, but with all things considered in this draft, i take that risk if i am Utah's GM... but thats just me

In terms of MN T-Wolves: Darko is a bum and always will be. Drafting Kanter could work out great, but Minny's guards will still be all under 23 years old and straight poop
sick.gif

In terms of MN T-Wolves: Darko is a bum and always will be. Drafting Kanter could work out great, but Minny's guards will still be all under 23 years old and straight poop
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Caerus

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Since Brandon Knight has only been playing the Point for a year...... will he be able to translate and run a team at the position in the NBA
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
all my UK friends HATED him at Kentucky
laugh.gif

He's only been playing point for a year? News to me. Pretty sure that he's been a point guard in high school as well.

And Amp with this Jrue Holiday love fest again. I don't get it. He really sold you that much off of this one series? After he's been a bum for 2 years?

Jordan Hamilton's chucking #!$ at #6? Eh, reaching. He could end up being another JR Smith.
roll.gif
Son what are you talking about? Stick to watching CBB

Oh. I don't even know why I'm responding to your trolling *%@, but Holiday is going to be mediocre at best just like many others have said in this thread. Stick to making dumb *%@ outlandish predictions that never come to fruition.

Like this.

Burks going to be a NBA-All Star by his 3rd season...I'm telling ya

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Caerus

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Since Brandon Knight has only been playing the Point for a year...... will he be able to translate and run a team at the position in the NBA
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
all my UK friends HATED him at Kentucky
laugh.gif

He's only been playing point for a year? News to me. Pretty sure that he's been a point guard in high school as well.

And Amp with this Jrue Holiday love fest again. I don't get it. He really sold you that much off of this one series? After he's been a bum for 2 years?

Jordan Hamilton's chucking #!$ at #6? Eh, reaching. He could end up being another JR Smith.
roll.gif
Son what are you talking about? Stick to watching CBB

Oh. I don't even know why I'm responding to your trolling *%@, but Holiday is going to be mediocre at best just like many others have said in this thread. Stick to making dumb *%@ outlandish predictions that never come to fruition.

Like this.

Burks going to be a NBA-All Star by his 3rd season...I'm telling ya

roll.gif
roll.gif

sick.gif
I am all for acquiring Kanter, Unless Beasely is traded, that changes everything. So you end up paying Darko 7 mill to be a backup center- big deal, could be worse- Dallas.And as far as Williams: I see the Turner comparions, but 250 or not, Williams is way more athletic in my opinion, that has to count for something.

sick.gif
I am all for acquiring Kanter, Unless Beasely is traded, that changes everything. So you end up paying Darko 7 mill to be a backup center- big deal, could be worse- Dallas.And as far as Williams: I see the Turner comparions, but 250 or not, Williams is way more athletic in my opinion, that has to count for something.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

@DraftExpress Heard Cleveland offered Memphis their #4 pick in exchange for Rudy Gay (w/help of their trade exception). Memphis rejected

What? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

memphis cant draft and they know it

1 LAC Blake Griffin Oklahoma
2 MEM Hasheem Thabeet Connecticut
3 OKC James Harden Arizona State
4 SAC Tyreke Evans Memphis
5 MIN Ricky Rubio Spain
6 MIN Jonny Flynn Syracuse
7 GSW Stephen Curry Davidson
8 NYK Jordan Hill Arizona
9 TOR DeMar DeRozan USC
10 MIL Brandon Jennings Italy

1 CHI Derrick Rose University of Memphis
2 MIA Michael Beasley Kansas State University
3 MIN O.J. Mayo University of Southern California
4 SEA Russell Westbrook University of California - Los Angeles
5 MEM Kevin Love University of California - Los Angeles

then they swap for mayo
roll.gif

drew gooden over amare stoudamire in 02'
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

@DraftExpress Heard Cleveland offered Memphis their #4 pick in exchange for Rudy Gay (w/help of their trade exception). Memphis rejected

What? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

memphis cant draft and they know it

1 LAC Blake Griffin Oklahoma
2 MEM Hasheem Thabeet Connecticut
3 OKC James Harden Arizona State
4 SAC Tyreke Evans Memphis
5 MIN Ricky Rubio Spain
6 MIN Jonny Flynn Syracuse
7 GSW Stephen Curry Davidson
8 NYK Jordan Hill Arizona