NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by henz0

IMO Vucevic will be a good pick for whoever gets him
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My honorary Trojan brother on the East Coast. 
pimp.gif

Aight I'm not about to read that essay.. I think the gist of it was that you think Burks is a sleeper and has a high ceiling, and you noted Westbrook as a comparison. I saw Burks play a few times during the season. He can definitely score but his jumper needs work. He shot 29% from 3 this year. I definitely don't see Utah picking him at 3. I really liked his game though him and Higgins made Colorado fun to watch. I think he can be a good scorer in the league too but saying that he'll be a All-Star in 3 years is just a reach IMO, and the comment was made by a dude known to make dumb !#$ statements.

Aight I'm not about to read that essay.. I think the gist of it was that you think Burks is a sleeper and has a high ceiling, and you noted Westbrook as a comparison. I saw Burks play a few times during the season. He can definitely score but his jumper needs work. He shot 29% from 3 this year. I definitely don't see Utah picking him at 3. I really liked his game though him and Higgins made Colorado fun to watch. I think he can be a good scorer in the league too but saying that he'll be a All-Star in 3 years is just a reach IMO, and the comment was made by a dude known to make dumb !#$ statements.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

fair enough. and i did not say he would be an allstar in 3 years and i did not necessarily say that Utah will take him at 3. I just think he can be one of the best players in this draft class under the right circumstances, whether that means hell be an allstar in 3 years, longer, or ever, i dont know but i think he has the potential to be a hell of a player is basically what im saying.

and Utah will most likely not take Burks at 3 and opt for a player such as Brandon Knight (who i also like, probably more so than Burks) what i was saying in a nut shell is that if i am the Jazz i would take Burks at 3 because that team would be a great fit for him and a great fit for Jimmer who we all know they are interested and will probably be available at 12. I think with those 2 picks you are not gonna get the talent level/players who compliment each other as well as Burks/Jimmer do. Howvever i think B Knight/Singleton could be a great alternative if thats the route they take.

and Westbrook shot a similar or lower mark from 3 during his UCLA career... just saying

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

fair enough. and i did not say he would be an allstar in 3 years and i did not necessarily say that Utah will take him at 3. I just think he can be one of the best players in this draft class under the right circumstances, whether that means hell be an allstar in 3 years, longer, or ever, i dont know but i think he has the potential to be a hell of a player is basically what im saying.

and Utah will most likely not take Burks at 3 and opt for a player such as Brandon Knight (who i also like, probably more so than Burks) what i was saying in a nut shell is that if i am the Jazz i would take Burks at 3 because that team would be a great fit for him and a great fit for Jimmer who we all know they are interested and will probably be available at 12. I think with those 2 picks you are not gonna get the talent level/players who compliment each other as well as Burks/Jimmer do. Howvever i think B Knight/Singleton could be a great alternative if thats the route they take.

and Westbrook shot a similar or lower mark from 3 during his UCLA career... just saying

Combine athletic testing is in.

http://www.draftexpress.c...tic-Testing-Results-3725

Like I said Josh Selby's rise continues, let me tell you this as far as fake point guards go I don't feel there is a huge difference between Brandon Knight and Selby, Brandon's allegedly a high character guy and Selby so I guess you take Knight, but to me dispite his flame out at Kansas it's hard to deny dudes pedigree and athletic ability.

Anyone else shocked by Shelvin Macks 38 inch vertical.
eek.gif

Jimmer got pretty much across the board average results for a PG, which is good considering how much people like to compare him to adam morrison.
laugh.gif

Combine athletic testing is in.

http://www.draftexpress.c...tic-Testing-Results-3725

Like I said Josh Selby's rise continues, let me tell you this as far as fake point guards go I don't feel there is a huge difference between Brandon Knight and Selby, Brandon's allegedly a high character guy and Selby so I guess you take Knight, but to me dispite his flame out at Kansas it's hard to deny dudes pedigree and athletic ability.

Anyone else shocked by Shelvin Macks 38 inch vertical.
eek.gif

Jimmer got pretty much across the board average results for a PG, which is good considering how much people like to compare him to adam morrison.
laugh.gif

I'm also somewhat surprised by Brooks athletic numbers.

I wonder if Jordan's gonna take him at 9. Probably no way he falls outta the lottery now. Damn

I wonder if Jordan's gonna take him at 9. Probably no way he falls outta the lottery now. Damn

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Derrick Williams with 19 reps of 185

Honeycutt really couldn't do one rep though??
Honeycutt is weak, literally and figuratively. I don't think his game developed nearly enough to produce consistently at an NBA type level. He'll be a bust.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Derrick Williams with 19 reps of 185

Honeycutt really couldn't do one rep though??
Honeycutt is weak, literally and figuratively. I don't think his game developed nearly enough to produce consistently at an NBA type level. He'll be a bust.

I have an eerie feeling Williams is gonna top Clevelands draft board, at least should be. He is gonna be a hooper.

I have an eerie feeling Williams is gonna top Clevelands draft board, at least should be. He is gonna be a hooper.

I really like this draft. People say it's weak that is true, on STAR potential.

For role players and guys that every team needs this draft is near perfect.

I really like this draft. People say it's weak that is true, on STAR potential.

For role players and guys that every team needs this draft is near perfect.

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

Id be fine taking him at 19, deff not 9 though to play behind hendo.Number 1 priority should be a big.Im all for taking keith benson in the 2nd round also.

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

Id be fine taking him at 19, deff not 9 though to play behind hendo.Number 1 priority should be a big.Im all for taking keith benson in the 2nd round also.

Back
Top Bottom