[NBA DUNKS Thread] '10-'11

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I'm still not a fan of that #1 dunk.

It's not a dunk if your hand doesn't touch the rim, IMO.

i remember this being a huge debate when dwight did the superman dunk in the dunk contest.
IN MY OPINION, i think that's the stupidest opinion. you don't need to touch the rim in order for it to be a dunk. 

Originally Posted by 35KD

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt
sick.gif
pimp.gif
JESUS CHRIST!!!
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by al3x89

i remember this being a huge debate when dwight did the superman dunk in the dunk contest.
IN MY OPINION, i think that's the stupidest opinion. you don't need to touch the rim in order for it to be a dunk. 

and the debate came up again when Blake did that same pick and roll finish last year in pre season on DJ Mbenga.

I don't even think that was his best dunk in the game. 
The one where he did the spin move on a one-on-one fastbreak and slammed it was the best one IMO. The other one was good though.

I just watched the Top Ten.

When I saw that dunk of AI's, I literally made a
eek.gif
. My mouth dropped.

GOOD GOD.

30t6p3b.gif

uhh yeah yo do, if you dont touch the rim then its considered a lay-up. well to my undersrtanding it is.

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

uhh yeah yo do, if you dont touch the rim then its considered a lay-up. well to my undersrtanding it is.

I think a dunk is any bucket where you jumped so high that you drive the ball down into the hoop.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

I think a dunk is any bucket where you jumped so high that you drive the ball down into the hoop.
Never dunked before then... So if Vince just threw the ball in the hoop when he jumped over the 7' footer, it would be just as special huh? **#!%....if MJ did the leaner and never touched the rim, that would be a AMAZING horizontal LAY-UP

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

Never dunked before then... So if Vince just threw the ball in the hoop when he jumped over the 7' footer, it would be just as special huh? **#!%....if MJ did the leaner and never touched the rim, that would be a AMAZING horizontal LAY-UP

To each his own, but that Blake dunk is a only a problem for people in slow motion. If you watched the game in real time like I did, that was the most vicious dunk I've seen since D.Wade put Varejao to sleep. Are people gonna remember that field goal for years? Yes. That's a dunk to me.

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

To each his own, but that Blake dunk is a only a problem for people in slow motion. If you watched the game in real time like I did, that was the most vicious dunk I've seen since D.Wade put Varejao to sleep. Are people gonna remember that field goal for years? Yes. That's a dunk to me.
I didn't think his dunk in "real-time" or Dwight's was a dunk...when someone dunks you him the rim rattle. If he had actually "dunked" the ball it would have sounded like a bomb went off instead of a silent fart. It is a 'field goal" not a lay-up, dunk, or shot. He "made a basket" lol

So you're saying, nah that's not a dunk, I didn't hear it...
Like I said, to each his own. I'm a Knick fan, and it felt like he dunked the soul outta Mozgov. The only thing stopping him from connecting was that Mozgov didn't fall down and out of his way.

I guess at the end of the season people will make their top 4 or top 9 dunks of the year with #1 or 2 being a 'made basket.'

[table][tr][td]Top 10 Dunk Leaders
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/dunk-o-meter/yearly

Year to Date[/td][/tr][tr][td]Rank[/td][td]Player[/td][td]Pos[/td][td]Team[/td][td]Dunks[/td][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]Blake Griffin[/td][td]PF[/td][td]LAC[/td][td]42[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]Amar'e Stoudemire[/td][td]PF[/td][td]NY[/td][td]38[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]JaVale McGee[/td][td]C[/td][td]WAS[/td][td]37[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]Dwight Howard[/td][td]C[/td][td]ORL[/td][td]31[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]Kevin Durant[/td][td]SF[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]30[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]Tyson Chandler[/td][td]C[/td][td]DAL[/td][td]29[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]DeAndre Jordan[/td][td]C[/td][td]LAC[/td][td]28[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]Derrick Favors[/td][td]PF[/td][td]NJ[/td][td]27[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]Andre Iguodala[/td][td]SG[/td][td]PHI[/td][td]27[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]Josh Smith[/td][td]SF[/td][td]ATL[/td][td]25[/td][/tr][/table]

If you are above the rim throwing it down into it with force, that's a dunk. Carmelo and LeBron usually don't touch the rim with their hands when they dunk either, especially Carmelo. No way you can call it a lay UP when you're above it throwing DOWN. Anybody can make a layup. Anybody can't do what Dwight or Blake Griffin did.

That Pargo, is that Jeremy Pargo?

Brother of Jannero?

roll.gif
@ a MAVERICK being on the top Dunks thus far.

Where's Dirk on that list?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by drop knee 101

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slam_dunk

A slam dunk (or simply a dunk) is a type of basketball shot that is performed when a player jumps in the air and manually powers the ball downward through the basket with one or both hands over the rim

btw, tonight, very nice under the rim double pump 2 hand reverse vs the spurs.
cant believe im quoting myself so the non dunk believers understand.

Originally Posted by JDiddy
That pass was mind blowing
eek.gif
, thought the ball was to far ahead of him and then BAM hits him in the hands as he takes his last gather step
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom