[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Three games into the 2013 Finals, James has yet to post a 20-point game.

mean.gif

Last edited:
Amongst my friends I am really the only one that defends Bron.

But last night and basically this whole series it is absolutely nothing I can say to defend him.

That man is out there scared to death. And it's sad because he has the tools to be mentioned with the greats. But he just doesn't have the heart.

I really don't understand it. It's like he's spoiled and expects everything to be given to him...

He expects the lane to be open
He expects to get all the calls

And when those things don't happen he just crumbles.

Great players make great plays. He has to take over period. He can hit those jumpshots but last night he just didn't have the confidence. And that's not a good sign. Especially since it has happened before.

The Peyton Comparison is great because as great as they both are. They will both probably retire only winning one ring.

Preach..

How many different ways do we have to reiterate these exact facts?

And why doesnt SC or 1st take or Mike n Mike ever drill this into the viewers brains instead of the total opposite..

Given, not earned says it all..The media/analysts etc pretty much shoves the guy in folks faces and this and that fireworks, best in world, face of NBA etc..

But when its time to stake your claim as "The King", U wanna act like the village idiot..

i don't foresee it getting much better for Bron/Heat in the near future either. Braids will continue to play him tough. The lane will continue to close around him. Dwade will struggle. Bosh will struggle. The heat role players will continue to be nobodies and the spurs will keep doing what got them this far. Playing calculated team basketball. Bron's shot won't stop being hella suspect in the next 2-4 games and those passes will keep going to guys that aren't making shots. It may not be anymore blowouts, but i dont see the coming close to winning this series now. people keep saying it's lebron's fault like he's just choosing to play like crap and he just isn't being aggressive..but in reality he doesn't seem like he has much of an option given the way the spurs are playing him.

I'll be better.

Better than last night I played like ****.

Own it Lebron. :pimp: :rofl:

Last edited:
defensively, i think spo just needs to mix it up. as i've said numerous times, the key difference in game 2 and 3 was that the heat would double the ballhandler in a PnR and in game 2 parker/ginobili would be pushed away from the rim.l
Dead on actually. When they got those offensive boards because the defense was moving around from the quick ball movement. They can play their man straight up and still show high on the PnR.

Simple adjustments would have made the Spurs' shooters put the ball on the floor, but they decided not to for some odd reason. Game 2 wasn't necessarily big on them trapping, but more on them actually playing up on their man. G3 I saw them repeatedly closeout on a shooter without discipline and let them blow by for midrange jumpers or a dish to the post dipping in.

The mistakes the Heat were making were not due to being outschemed, but more-so on focus and energy. When Neal hit that 3 to end the half, you could just tell that it was going to be that kind of night.

As expected, Ginobli and Manu aren't getting off, but for Green to rattle off that many 3's without points in the paint is ridiculous. :lol: One wild card that Pop did throw out there was inserting Bonner in pretty quickly. It caught me off guard, but Miami did not capitalize on it.

Spo has got to get some weakside movement in this offense. When they actually do get some, they are damn near impossible to stop. I don't get it :smh:

Last edited:
Amongst my friends I am really the only one that defends Bron.

But last night and basically this whole series it is absolutely nothing I can say to defend him.

That man is out there scared to death. And it's sad because he has the tools to be mentioned with the greats. But he just doesn't have the heart.

I really don't understand it. It's like he's spoiled and expects everything to be given to him...

He expects the lane to be open
He expects to get all the calls

And when those things don't happen he just crumbles.

Great players make great plays. He has to take over period. He can hit those jumpshots but last night he just didn't have the confidence. And that's not a good sign. Especially since it has happened before.

The Peyton Comparison is great because as great as they both are. They will both probably retire only winning one ring.

Preach..

How many different ways do we have to reiterate these exact facts?

And why doesnt SC or 1st take or Mike n Mike ever drill this into the viewers brains instead of the total opposite..

Given, not earned says it all..The media/analysts etc pretty much shoves the guy in folks faces and this and that fireworks, best in world, face of NBA etc..

But when its time to stake your claim as "The King", U wanna act like the village idiot..

It's pretty clear that he has what it takes to takeover a game. He's done it before. But him not being able to deliver when it counts (most of the time), is what's really weird about him.

Last edited:
LeBron isn't repeating what he did in 2011. He wasn't involving himself then he was standing away from the offense. He's still taking his shots this series and he's not shying away from the ball he's just playing like **** and not making his shots.

LeBron isn't repeating what he did in 2011. He wasn't involving himself then he was standing away from the offense. He's still taking his shots this series and he's not shying away from the ball he's just playing like **** and not making his shots.

Pretty thin line there, u dont think so?

Last edited:
It's pretty clear that he has what it takes to takeover a game. He's done it before. But him not being able to deliver when it counts (most of the time), is what's really weird about him.

It's just crazy... I mean the man has had ESPN cameras on him since he was in high school. 11 years into his career big moments shouldn't bother him. It should be business as usual.

It's almost like the fear of failing really gets to him. I bet his heart be racing in these games. Hands sweaty and all that **** :smh:

We can sit here and say he needs to fix this.

But at the end of the day. Maybe it's just who he is.

Maybe working with KD in the offseason really made him comfortable going against him in last years finals. Maybe Skip was right this whole time :lol:

I mean think about it. It's nobody that he's really buddy buddy with on SA.

In the IND series him and PG showing that love to each other really made him more comfortable in the court.

I mean really need to start paying attention to this because. All the evidence is really starting to point that way.

The Celtics flat out don't like him. But last year it just seemed like he wasn't going to be stopped.

What happened to that?

Last edited:
It's just crazy... I mean the man has had ESPN cameras on him since he was in high school. 11 years into his career big moments shouldn't bother him. It should be business as usual.

It's almost like the fear of failing really gets to him. I bet his heart be racing in these games. Hands sweaty and all that **** :smh:

Maybe working with KD in the offseason really made him comfortable going against him in last years finals. Maybe Skip was right this whole time :lol:

In the IND series him and PG showing that love to each other really made him more comfortable in the court.

I mean really need to start paying attention to this because. All the evidence is really starting to point that way.

The Celtics flat out don't like him. But last year it just seemed like he wasn't going to be stopped.

What happened to that?

He's the Wizard of Oz

But alot of young cats have braids/fros/naps etc during their younger years.

Look at Kobe (YES, ANOTHER KOBE MENTION) during the Sprite days..Frobe..
And a lot of them don't. What was your point? I was alluding to the fact that, society dictated to Udonis Halsem, an NBA vet, that his hairstyle was played out and he caved to the pressure and cut his cornrows. A young cat from San Antonio prefers to drive what he likes and wear his hair as he likes. That speaks a lot about his character imo. THUMBSUP! LOL

Last edited:
The minute I saw him get a fastbreak then dribble it back out around the free throw line and initiate the offense, I knew exactly what it was.

Nobody can defend him playing like that, but as a coach, you have to get your player an easy bucket or so to get him going. Put him at the 4/5 earlier and go to work.

More cross screens
Funny thing is, everything they needed to run for him, they ran in the 1st quarter. Then they completely forgot which sets were working.:rofl:

Sending him through a staggered screen on the baseline worked great. Also, when he set the sideline screen, got the backpick and flashed to the elbow, also worked very well.

Last edited:

What happened to that?

I guess with Bron, all proper logic just goes out the window :lol:

Back
Top Bottom