[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Am I the only one who thought that Manu wasn't all THAT bad in game 7? I mean, he was bad, but Danny Green and Tony Parker were worse. Apparently so invisible that they are immune to criticism.

Manu had two terrible turnovers that look way more spectacular as a wasted offensive possession than say a missed jump shot, but he also did plenty of good - a clutch three pointer, a great drive to the basket, a very nice pass to Leonard who hit the semi-open three pointer. His stat line for the game isn't bad at all. I really don't understand why he seems to be the main scapegoat, as far as game 7 is concerned anyway.

I agree he did play hard and made some huge shots but three turnovers in the last two minutes and one right into the hands of Lebron to pretty much close the door kind of sealed his fate at the end. I mean it wasn't game six bad but still deflating nonetheless.

That power play idea is stupid. The game you want to watch is not called basketball with those type of changes. Flops should be a fine and an immediate suspension

The Lebron-Ali comparison's have started. If Lebron wins next year we are going to be getting Lebron>MLK and Lebron>Frederick Douglass comparisons.

A 1 minute 5 on 4 "power play" for flopping........?

My God, that's crazy enough, it might just work. No call is worth a minute of 5 on 4, I like it.

[quote name="CP"]A 1 minute 5 on 4 "power play" for flopping........?

My God, that's crazy enough, it might just work. No call is worth a minute of 5 on 4, I like it.[/quote]Exactly what I thought! :lol

Can TWO players on the same team be penalized? :eek Heat already playing 5v4, and Bosh is caught flopping? :smokin Bron+2 playing 5? :lol

Mmmaaaannn, you talking about changing the game COMPLETELY. Teams would have segments of practice dedicated to being shorthanded.

A 1 minute 5 on 4 "power play" for flopping........?

My God, that's crazy enough, it might just work. No call is worth a minute of 5 on 4, I like it.

Not sure if srs or sarcastic, let me know lol

[quote name="CP"]A 1 minute 5 on 4 "power play" for flopping........?

Exactly what I thought! :lol

Can TWO players on the same team be penalized? :eek Heat already playing 5v4, and Bosh is caught flopping? :smokin Bron+2 playing 5? :lol

Mmmaaaannn, you talking about changing the game COMPLETELY. Teams would have segments of practice dedicated to being shorthanded.[/quote]

But you wouldnt have to do it if your players didnt flop. AHA!

As I said I started watching hockey like a week ago, its had a big impact on me! lol

The whole power play idea is pretty good but it would detract too much from the actual game. What is a flop to one ref might not be a flop to another. As silly as flopping is it shouldn't be given any more attention then a fine the first offense and suspension for repeat offenders...

We all saw Ray Allen and Bosh bail out Lebron in game 6. Lebron was doing his best Manu impersonation.

You are gonna see how your boys plays when it is just him Bosh and the shooters. Riley is gonna need to replace LeWhistle with another superstar or the HGHeat will not even be contenders anymore.

You see how fast kobes recovering from his Achilles injury its it's suspect probably on that hgh or dear antler spray like wade is

No I was bein serious man.

Again, it is DRASTIC. I mean, that is completely altering the game of basketball. Hockey is the only sport I know of that does that, it's a part of their fabric. Not bball. Or baseball, football, etc.

So in that context, it is "crazy" yet, the idea is feasible.

If you go to quadruple OT and have 8 guys foul out, you would carry on with the game 5 on 4, I believe. (I suppose they could have adjusted the rule, but I believe that's how it used to be) So there are instances that 5 on 4 is valid.

But for flopping, that's interesting.

Blake G flops, ref points at him, he hits the scorers table for 60 seconds. Game on. That minute gets HECTIC. 2 guys can defend CP3 at once, and when the other team gets the ball, they spread out, and the 4 guys have to zone off to prevent someone bein left all alone, and then at 60 Blake runs back on to the court or something? :eek :lol

I don't know if we'd ever get a legit shot at it, but I like the idea. People would have no incentive to flop anymore, they'd body up much harder and stop with the flailing.

Refs already can't identify flops in real time, otherwise they wouldn't be calling them. To give them that much power to change the game over calls they obviously struggle with is disastrous IMO. The fact that you fell on the floor for no reason and left your team at a 4 on 5 disadvantage now because the ref didn't give you the call, is enough of a punishment + the retroactive fine.

I remember Varajeo and Galinari have both had crucial late game defensive plays where they flopped, refs didn't bite, and the offensive players they were defending proceeded to score because of it.

By the way CP if everyone fouls out, you can bring a guy back in who has fouled out and every foul he commits thereafter is a technical also; happened between the Warriors and Blazers

Last edited:
I hope Kobe was motivated by these finals. I think a Kobe/lebron finals is loooooonnngg overdue.

I just want the MVPuppets back :smokin

I hope Kobe was motivated by these finals. I think a Kobe/lebron finals is loooooonnngg overdue.

I just want the MVPuppets back
smokin.gif
Man when Lebron beats Kobe, it will be great.

I'll never forget the 3 by Ray Allen in game 6

Word

I can't think of a bigger shot besides Jordan over Byron Russell , his last shot as a bull and going out in such dramatic fashion

Ray changed the course of NBA with that one , crazy.

No I was bein serious man.

Again, it is DRASTIC. I mean, that is completely altering the game of basketball. Hockey is the only sport I know of that does that, it's a part of their fabric. Not bball. Or baseball, football, etc.

So in that context, it is "crazy" yet, the idea is feasible.

If you go to quadruple OT and have 8 guys foul out, you would carry on with the game 5 on 4, I believe. (I suppose they could have adjusted the rule, but I believe that's how it used to be) So there are instances that 5 on 4 is valid.

But for flopping, that's interesting.

Blake G flops, ref points at him, he hits the scorers table for 60 seconds. Game on. That minute gets HECTIC. 2 guys can defend CP3 at once, and when the other team gets the ball, they spread out, and the 4 guys have to zone off to prevent someone bein left all alone, and then at 60 Blake runs back on to the court or something? :eek :lol

I don't know if we'd ever get a legit shot at it, but I like the idea. People would have no incentive to flop anymore, they'd body up much harder and stop with the flailing.

a team can't go under 4 players. if its down to 5 players and a player gets over 6 fouls the other team gets an addition free throw and the game resumes

Word

I can't think of a bigger shot besides Jordan over Byron Russell , his last shot as a bull and going out in such dramatic fashion

Ray changed the course of NBA with that one , crazy.
Ppl undermind the amount of HOF during these finals

-LBJ

-Wade

-Bosh

-Allen

-Duncan

-Parker

-Manu

-Mcgrady

Back
Top Bottom