• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
damn it, scott foster on the officiating crew tonite? dray getting tossed in the 2nd quarter

ConcernedWarmAntbear-size_restricted.gif

Sn: I would have zero issues if Brand wanted to trade Simmons (I would want to trade him too) but lets not act like Simmons failure to improve isnt related to BB. Brett sees Ben as another son as he basically knew him since he was young (coaching his pop in AU); Ben would get away with a lot more if EB wasnt the GM

As much as Sixers fans would love for the duo to work out, we know that it is incredibly hard to do given the skillsets of Embiid and Simmons. It's clear that to have Simmons reach his full potential, you would have to follow the Lebron and Giannis blueprint.

That being said, their talents are out of this world and it's up to the GM and coach to make it work as it is not impossible. So yes, a lot of his has to do with Coach Brown.

Also, I would disagree that Simmons did not improve. His post moves, defence, and pick and roll all improved from last year, it's just not the areas of improvement we were looking for, which is his jump shooting. Also, being able to orchestrate the team in a half court set is something he also needs to improve on, he has elite vision, but it seems like his best plays are always in transition (even if it starts from half cour). He is not a Rondo type of orchestrator (yet).

He's still what? 22 years old? That will come in time, the jump shot is another story though, I don't know what to expect from that.

tbh...if i was ben...best way to break jared soul...

when the reporter reads the comment to ben,

I'd be like...

'oh...ok...well....wait...which one is Jared Dudley again? He's a reporter? *soulja voice* He's in the nbaaaaa? Damn. what team is he on?'

Go completely brand new. A more sophisticated and harder hitting version of just saying 'who?'

Just stick with the good ol “You talk a lot of **** for being ***”

wheres that survery from the other day that all the players did? specifically the part about refs they like and hate.

13. Who is the best ref?
(56 votes)
  1. Zach Zarba (21.4%)
  2. Ken Mauer (14.2%)
  3. Tony Brothers (10.7%)
  4. Monty McCutchen, Courtney Kirkland (7.1%)
  5. Marc Davis, Ed Malloy (5.3%)
  6. James Capers, Mike Callahan, Joey Crawford (3.5%)
  7. Tom Washington, Scott Foster, Curtis Blair, Kevin Cutler, Joshua Tiven, Ashley Moyer-Gleich, Derek Richardson, Mark Lindsay, Ron Garretson, Tyler Ford (1.7%)
No one should be surprised that the participation numbers dipped on this particular question, as the friction between players and refs remains a major issue. That led to a whole bunch of no comments from the many players – often with f-bombs mixed in – who wanted no part of this query. The other obstacle? Name recognition was in short supply.

14. Who is the worst ref?
(53 votes)
  1. Tony Brothers (24.5%)
  2. Scott Foster (20.7%)
  3. Marc Davis (13.2%)
  4. “All of them” (or some variation of that sentiment) (11.3%)
  5. Ken Mauer (5.6%)
  6. Zach Zarba, Pat Fraher, Kevin Cutler, Jacyn Goble, Mark Lindsay, Eric Lewis, Leroy Richardson, Joey Crawford (retired), Nick Buchert, Derrick Stafford, Marat Kogut, Rodney Mott, Kane Fitzgerald (1.8%)
It speaks volumes that the same official who could be voted third-best by some players (Brothers; see question No. 13) is also deemed the worst by others. You can’t please them all.

Still, the NBA has gone to great lengths recently to improve relations and education on this front. One of the game’s most respected officials, Monty McCutchen, took over as the league’s vice president of referee development and training in Dec. 2017 in attempt to smooth tensions that were running rampant at that time. Back then, when the officials were meeting with players at All-Star weekend in Los Angeles, National Basketball Players Association executive director Michele Roberts said the dynamic between the two sides was “as hot as it has been.”

The “freedom of movement” emphasis this season re-sparked frustrations for many players who struggled to adjust, and there were flashpoint conflicts every so often that league officials surely wish would have been avoided (Scott Foster vs. the Rockets on Feb. 21; the Warriors vs. the refs on March 29).

As much as Sixers fans would love for the duo to work out, we know that it is incredibly hard to do given the skillsets of Embiid and Simmons. It's clear that to have Simmons reach his full potential, you would have to follow the Lebron and Giannis blueprint.

That being said, their talents are out of this world and it's up to the GM and coach to make it work as it is not impossible. So yes, a lot of his has to do with Coach Brown.

Also, I would disagree that Simmons did not improve. His post moves, defence, and pick and roll all improved from last year, it's just not the areas of improvement we were looking for, which is his jump shooting. Also, being able to orchestrate the team in a half court set is something he also needs to improve on, he has elite vision, but it seems like his best plays are always in transition (even if it starts from half cour). He is not a Rondo type of orchestrator (yet).

He's still what? 22 years old? That will come in time, the jump shot is another story though, I don't know what to expect from that.
Improving to have some semblance of a jumper makes trying to mesh him and Embiid A LOT easier. I do agree going the Bron/Giannis route works for the team but why not both

One thing Hinkie wanted to do was break the league (and bring violence at the rim), we have 2 centerpieces that can do that. Ben with a shot opens up the Simmons/Embiid PnR that we all want because it would be damn near unstoppable

hmm what would your buddy kobe say in a situation like this ? just curious.. in fact any all star

Philly vs Everybody :smokin

Ben could of just said something like, “there’s no reason for me respond to that. I’ll let my play do the talking.”

13. Who is the best ref?
(56 votes)
  1. Zach Zarba (21.4%)
  2. Ken Mauer (14.2%)
  3. Tony Brothers (10.7%)
  4. Monty McCutchen, Courtney Kirkland (7.1%)
  5. Marc Davis, Ed Malloy (5.3%)
  6. James Capers, Mike Callahan, Joey Crawford (3.5%)
  7. Tom Washington, Scott Foster, Curtis Blair, Kevin Cutler, Joshua Tiven, Ashley Moyer-Gleich, Derek Richardson, Mark Lindsay, Ron Garretson, Tyler Ford (1.7%)
No one should be surprised that the participation numbers dipped on this particular question, as the friction between players and refs remains a major issue. That led to a whole bunch of no comments from the many players – often with f-bombs mixed in – who wanted no part of this query. The other obstacle? Name recognition was in short supply.

14. Who is the worst ref?
(53 votes)
  1. Tony Brothers (24.5%)
  2. Scott Foster (20.7%)
  3. Marc Davis (13.2%)
  4. “All of them” (or some variation of that sentiment) (11.3%)
  5. Ken Mauer (5.6%)
  6. Zach Zarba, Pat Fraher, Kevin Cutler, Jacyn Goble, Mark Lindsay, Eric Lewis, Leroy Richardson, Joey Crawford (retired), Nick Buchert, Derrick Stafford, Marat Kogut, Rodney Mott, Kane Fitzgerald (1.8%)
It speaks volumes that the same official who could be voted third-best by some players (Brothers; see question No. 13) is also deemed the worst by others. You can’t please them all.

Still, the NBA has gone to great lengths recently to improve relations and education on this front. One of the game’s most respected officials, Monty McCutchen, took over as the league’s vice president of referee development and training in Dec. 2017 in attempt to smooth tensions that were running rampant at that time. Back then, when the officials were meeting with players at All-Star weekend in Los Angeles, National Basketball Players Association executive director Michele Roberts said the dynamic between the two sides was “as hot as it has been.”

The “freedom of movement” emphasis this season re-sparked frustrations for many players who struggled to adjust, and there were flashpoint conflicts every so often that league officials surely wish would have been avoided (Scott Foster vs. the Rockets on Feb. 21; the Warriors vs. the refs on March 29).

good looks my boy

jared dudley slander will not be tolerated
my man was stating facts
it's not like all the nba analysts haven't mentioned this on the countless shows

jared dudley slander will not be tolerated
my man was stating facts
it's not like all the nba analysts haven't mentioned this on the countless shows

this seemed to get over looked

look Dudleys message was correct but lets be real however it came from the wrong guy to criticize someone, you cant publicly criticize someone who is miles ahead of you. Legit as the criticism may be

Dudely is 33.. Simmons is 22 in his 2nd year of his career

dudely is a 39% 3pt career shooter which i will give him that

when dudely was 22 he avg 6PPG.. Simmons 17 PPG

look Dudleys message was correct but lets be real however it came from the wrong guy to criticize someone, you cant publicly criticize someone who is miles ahead of you. Legit as the criticism may be

The thing is, Dudley isn’t claiming he’s good as Ben or ever was. But he has been in the league for more than 10 years and played with and against a lot of great players. So that gives him some experience and perspective as to what guys do well and what guys do average.

Ben ceiling getting lower and lower.

His first two years of playing NBA basketball he’s been the second best player on a back to back 50+ win team. Averaged basically an 18 point triple double his first ever playoff series. He has his limitations but he’s not nearly appreciated enough because of the next LeBron comparisons he had coming out of high school.

This logic is flawed...obviously Dudley was never the player Ben is or will be. He never said he was. He can still criticize him tho

His first two years of playing NBA basketball he’s been the second best player on a back to back 50+ win team. Averaged basically an 18 point triple double his first ever playoff series. He has his limitations but he’s not nearly appreciated enough because of the next LeBron comparisons he had coming out of high school.

i think ben is a good and saavy player. great ballhandler and facilitator who can finish at the rim. however in an era where three pointers run the league and are necessary, his unwillingness to shot from the perimeter strongly limits his offensive game. until then, he might end up being a luxury brand shaun livingston

Back
Top Bottom