NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

I don't trust Gortat either.

People are on dallasbasketball.com acting like the world is coming an end if Orlando matches.

However the more I think about it, all he has to be able to do is run the floor and catch and dude averages a double double next year.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Third number change this off-season already...

[h1]Rockets guard McGrady changing uniform number[/h1] [h3]By JONATHAN FEIGEN Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle[/h3] [h4]July 13, 2009, 12:14AM[/h4]

Rockets guard Tracy McGrady will change his uniform number to No. 3 to promote his "3 points Darfur" initiative, with an announcement expected this week.

McGrady put in the paperwork for the uniform change midway through last season and had received league approval. He was making the switch to his high school number to bring attention to his Darfur Dream Team campaign and 3 Points documentary,

Newly acquired Trevor Ariza will wear No. 1 but could not show the uniform at the news conference last week while details of McGrady's uniform change were completed.

The Darfur Dream Team enlists athletes to help raise funds for schools in Chad for Darfur refugees in a sister school program with schools in the United States. The documentary 3 Points follows McGrady on his trip to Sudan and Chad in the summer of 2007.

[email protected]

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
I have two McGrady jerseys.......

..ahh who cares, but I've always known McGrady for rocking #1... #3 has always been the "iverson" number to me. oh well, both seem to be prettyirrelevant nowadays. Both were my childhood favorites
eyes.gif
tired.gif

Tip-ins: Marcus Williams, drafted 22nd overall by New Jersey in 2006, got off to a good start in his bid to fill the Grizzlies' void at backup point guard. Williams handed out 17 of the team's 23 assists and had just one turnover. ...The Grizzlies trade with the Los Angeles Clippers for Zach Randolph won't be completed until Friday.
smh.gif

And Nas why you don't like Posey? When he was on the Grizz he was MEmphis favorite player during their playoff run. I guess that means AI and Randolph willbe loved in Memphis as well.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by WILLINC

AI on the Heat = Disaster

IMO
but after detriot and not every team wanting to pick him up A.I. might have changed him a little bit...
I believe it has somewhat. Seems like the only reason why A.I. wants a one year deal is so he can show the league he's still got it, andhopefully get offers from a true contender in the 2010 summer.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Tip-ins: Marcus Williams, drafted 22nd overall by New Jersey in 2006, got off to a good start in his bid to fill the Grizzlies' void at backup point guard. Williams handed out 17 of the team's 23 assists and had just one turnover. ...The Grizzlies trade with the Los Angeles Clippers for Zach Randolph won't be completed until Friday.
smh.gif

And Nas why you don't like Posey? When he was on the Grizz he was MEmphis favorite player during their playoff run. I guess that means AI and Randolph will be loved in Memphis as well.
laugh.gif

I actually didn't mind him in Memphis, but when he got to Miami is when I started to dislike him. Those cheap, dirty fouls he committedagainst the Bulls (Hinrich and Deng) made me think he was a punk. Then he got to Boston
laugh.gif

[h1]Rockets guard McGrady changing uniform number[/h1] [h3]By JONATHAN FEIGEN Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle[/h3] [h4]July 13, 2009, 12:14AM[/h4]

Rockets guard Tracy McGrady will change his uniform number to No. 3 to promote his "3 points Darfur" initiative, with an announcement expected this week.

McGrady put in the paperwork for the uniform change midway through last season and had received league approval. He was making the switch to his high school number to bring attention to his Darfur Dream Team campaign and 3 Points documentary,

Newly acquired Trevor Ariza will wear No. 1 but could not show the uniform at the news conference last week while details of McGrady's uniform change were completed.

The Darfur Dream Team enlists athletes to help raise funds for schools in Chad for Darfur refugees in a sister school program with schools in the United States. The documentary 3 Points follows McGrady on his trip to Sudan and Chad in the summer of 2007.

[email protected]

the whole month of July has been an L for Trev

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Dude gotta suit up before he changes his #...
laugh.gif

Same thing I was thinking.
grin.gif

Hopefully T-Mac can recover from the microfracture surgery and return to some semblance of the player he was.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I don't trust Gortat either.

People are on dallasbasketball.com acting like the world is coming an end if Orlando matches.

However the more I think about it, all he has to be able to do is run the floor and catch and dude averages a double double next year.

That's the big thing for me... Catch the ball and finish at the rim, and we're looking at a double double every night at the center spot.. Dampieraveraged like 7 or 8 a night on 60% from the field, and he blew opportunities at the rim or fumbled Jason Kidd passes out of bounds every single night... Idon't think there's much concern over what Gortat is defensively, so if he contributes anything offensively he'll be well worth that contract..

All that said, he's OK on a contract for $33M or whatever it is he got from Dallas... But when you're essentially doubling that value for Orlandobecause they're paying dollar for dollar in luxury tax, it's not worth it at all to me...

5 years and $66M for a guy that'll play behind your best player for 20 minutes a night TOPS? Yeah right.. I refused to believe they're matching thatcontract...

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

[email protected]
the whole month of July has been an L for Trev

but wasnt Trevor gonna change to number #1 if he woulda stayed wit the Lakers???

[h2]Bulls sign guard Jannero Pargo[/h2]
Pargo, a 6-1, 185-pound guard, reunites with his hometown Bulls.

pargo_090713.jpg

In 316 regular season contests in the NBA, Pargo has averaged 6.9 ppg, 2.1 apg and 1.6 rpg in 16.2 mpg.
(Noah Graham/NBAE/Getty Images)

July 13, 2009 - The Chicago Bulls today signed free agent Jannero Pargo. Per team policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Pargo, a 6-1, 185-pound guard, reunites with Chicago having played for his hometown Bulls from 2003-06. A six-year NBA veteran, Pargo played overseas in 2008-09, where he split time between the MBC Dynamo Moscow (Russian Super League) and Olympiacos B.C. (Greek League/Euroleague).

In addition to playing with the Bulls, Pargo has also played for the Los Angeles Lakers (2002-04), Toronto Raptors (2004) and the New Orleans Hornets (2006-08). In 316 regular season contests in the NBA, he has averaged 6.9 ppg, 2.1 apg and 1.6 rpg in 16.2 mpg. A .365 career shooter from behind the arc, he also owns career shooting averages of .395 from the field and .849 from the line. He has played in 33 playoff games, and posted postseason averages of 6.5 ppg, 1.6 apg, 1.5 rpg, 14.8 mpg, .374 from the field, .368 from behind the arc and .711 from the line.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by Travis Outlaw

Originally Posted by CP1708

You guys can send "you were right"'s to CP1708 @ told you so.com.
roll.gif
roll.gif

What a terrible article by Wojo... dude has always had it out for KP for some reason.

Consider me a kool aid drinker if you will...but what has Pritchard REALLY done wrong?

- He made Turkoglu the biggest offer he could. Hedo's wife took a better offer from elsewhere. How is this Pritchard's fault?

- He didn't go after Odom. Well...Odom said repeatedly he didn't want to be here. He wants warm weather. How is that Pritchard's fault?

- He didn't offer Ariza? Big fuccing deal.

- He offered Paul Millsap a bunch of money? Great. Millsap is a stud and has a lot of value. Which brings us to...

- He couldn't get Tayshaun Prince or Kirk Hinrich in a trade? Well...summer has just barely begun. And the Millsap signing may shake Utah's tree hard enough to make them deal with Chicago so we can get our point guard. Either way, we get value. I really don't see how this can be a mistake.

From another forum...

"I like how he's viewing the possibility of getting the best free agent on the market this year (not the possibility that Utah will match) as another "disaster."

That's when an article crosses from merely "critical look" to "attempted hit piece."

Also, he gives Pritchard no credit for assembling this roster in the first place. He writes it all off as "a gift for convincing Allen to spend money."

Yes, very even-handed.

qft. You will just have to understand thqt there are haters out there like this author (who knowlingly dislikes pritchard) and CP and such. I love seeing the hate because it shows Portland is actually becoming relevant again, after that huge Blake eye the last few years were. I don't see how KP can be faulted completely for this summer... I don't mind being called a "loser" for not overpaying for hedo. If for some reason the jazz don't match that offer, which I highly expect them to do, then we are getting a better playerthan hedo. Paul will be a great addition to the team and will free up pryz for a trade, there are a few teams in need of a center, I would like to see some deal that brings battier to Portland Ina package that involves pryz. Say that happens a long with Paul, and nobody will be saying this summer was a faliure. Oh, btw, the summer just started... Way too early for "winner and loser" claims...

And then there are blind @#$ homers who do nothing but flip flop according to what their team does and look foolish for it every single God Damn time.
If Hedo stayed you'd be here talkin about steal of the year, best SF in the game, championship, championship etc etc etc.
No you over here tellin folk that Milsap is the better player, but the second that the Jazz match this offer you gon spin around and say you glad theydidn't just pay 32 million dollars for a bench player.
People like you will back Pritchard for every second he's a Blazer employee, then the minute he gets fired you'll all say it's time to go, hehasn't done enough. It's ridiculous.
Simply point out questionable moves from jump and move on, it's not that hard. Yeah yeah, everyone tries to cover for him, but he was involved in the CP3draft, he was their big evaluator, they traded down. Is it all on Prit? No. Is it partly? Yes.
He made your franchise look stupid as all hell with the DMiles email/contract fiasco.
He turned down playes that would have big time helped your team for Sergio and ended up getting nothing in return for him. Coulda had RJeff, maybe VC, oreven Devin Harris, but no, he overvalues his players, something that many in the league beleive, but not Blazer fans. Notice how the second Bayless's namecame up, the deal with Chicago and Utah died. And who predicted that?
nerd.gif

Pritch made his moves by buying up draft picks and making 57 trades and everyone thought everything he did was great, but really, he hasn't done anythingother then improve them from the scrap heap that Whisitt, Nash and Patterson left them on. He deserves credit for that, but not as some damn messiah like youpeople hype him up to be.
He wasted the Raef contract at the trade deadline, why? He wanted to rape other GM's to make himself look smart. He wanted RJeff AND Sessions!!!!! Whatthe hell? Why would a GM do that? The Bucks said, you can have Jeff, he's yours, and he woulda been a good fit at the 3 for the Blazers, but Pritch wastoo chicken to do it, and look what happened, RJeff has now landed on the Spurs, a competitor of yours and a team far better, so again, you will wait and watchas a player you COULD HAVE HAD succeeds on a rival that is better then you.
roll.gif
Good job Pritch.
I won't even bring up the Oden/Durant angle, it speaks for itself.
Then he offers 50 mill for a 30 year old guy that still wouldn't put them over the hump and luckily, Hedo walked. Again, don't try and strike that asa Pritchard was smart move, he was lucky as all hell Hedo left. Hedo would be dead weight in 3-4 years and they would have zero titles to show for his tenureand then the whole thing woulda been blown up.
Now he's upsetting your two stars in LA and Roy. REEEEEEEAAALLLLL smart move here eh? Messiah Pritch strikes again. How ya'll gonna spin this? Isee you guys been payin Mike to stick up for him already and try and defuse the stupidity of why those deals aren't done already. But Mike don't livearound here, he doesn't see what we do. Otherwise he woulda never taken ya'll's money from you.
laugh.gif

So go ahead and keep tellin me and everyone else how you matter again, and the Blazers are close, blah blah, etc etc, and I'll keep pointing the one lonelydusty banner you hang and how no more are coming. Keep throwing first round rallies, then exiting the playoffs 2 weeks later, keep calling me a hater when Ipoint out things that have happened, or predicting things that will happen again. It's cool. Problem is, I'm always right about them, and you alwayscome up short. If that's hate, then whatever.
Bottom line is, Pritchard is better then Whitsitt, no doubt, but he's far far far from doing a real good job. And the second he's no longer a Blazer,you'll turn right around and agree with me how much he sucked, watch.

Oh, and I pray that Utah matches Milsap so I can see what the next panic move will be and how you'll all defend it.
pimp.gif

My dude CP went in
laugh.gif

But honestly, I'm starting to turn the page on Pritchard and CP does bring up a lot of valid points. As did the Yahoo article. And Chester along the way.

When a Brandon Roy, the franchise says it's 50/50 he gets an extension, then it's not a good look. At all.

CP seems to hate Pritchard quite a bit, but yeah i understand from his view.
someone could argue against some of his points, but eh.

Sixers are going back to their throwbacks full time.
Nets are ditching the navy road jerseys for the red alternate jerseys.

Originally Posted by BangDak

CP seems to hate Pritchard quite a bit, but yeah i understand from his view.
someone could argue against some of his points, but eh.
Don't hate Pritchard at all, not even a little.

His fans?
nerd.gif

Blazer fans in general?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Franchise, Chester gets it, he's been saying some of the same stuff I have, he isn't like most Blazer fans, he actually watches other teams etc etc. Now, he knows squat about college football, and he really isn't a funny guy, and he's pretty lame, but he's a pretty smart Blazer fan, and therearn't many of those on Earth.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Detroit traded Arron Afflalo and Walter Sharpe to Denver for a future second-round pick, a move that creates another $1.8 million in salary cap space for thePistons, a league source said Monday.

Back
Top Bottom