NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

So they spent 95 million dollars opening day of free agency and now they need to clear 1.8 mil? Why for?

Dumars confusin the hell outta me.
smh.gif

Detroit needs another big man. As of the moment, they only have Jason Maxiell (undersized), Charlie Villanueva (perimeter oriented) and Kwame Brown (insertjoke).

he can do what Dahntay Jones did, I guess. I really don't have any idea what Joe is doing anymore.... I just hope our starting center this year isn'tKwame Brown.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Sixers are going back to their throwbacks full time.
Nets are ditching the navy road jerseys for the red alternate jerseys.
well the sixers will be a mix of the throwbacks. Wont be exactly liek them, it will be a little different.

Bobcats will be getting new jerseys

like Nas said Nets are getting rid of the blue jerseys.

Pardon my ignorance, but why can't OKC go after Boozer?

They don't have a ton of talent they can give up right away, but they have a couple contracts they can give up that end after this season, they have futurepicks that could work, wouldn't Westbrook, Green, Durant, Boozer, Kristic work out nice, with Harden, Collison, Sefolosha off the bench?

They don't have to give up the best picks, just one or two, make them lottery protected, Utah gotta be lookin to move Booz for 50 cents on the dollar, sothey can keep Milsap, OKC need to get on this.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Now, he knows squat about college football, and he really isn't a funny guy, and he's pretty lame, but he's a pretty smart Blazer fan, and there arn't many of those on Earth.
wink.gif
laugh.gif
Watch your damn mouth.

They don't have a ton of talent they can give up right away, but they have a couple contracts they can give up that end after this season, they have future picks that could work, wouldn't Westbrook, Green, Durant, Boozer, Kristic work out nice, with Harden, Collison, Sefolosha off the bench?

They don't have to give up the best picks, just one or two, make them lottery protected, Utah gotta be lookin to move Booz for 50 cents on the dollar, so they can keep Milsap, OKC need to get on this.
OKC doesnt need to give much away, they have cap space so they can absorb his contract. Im pretty sure they havent signed anyone yet right? theywere supposed to go after millsap or lee.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Now, he knows squat about college football, and he really isn't a funny guy, and he's pretty lame, but he's a pretty smart Blazer fan, and there arn't many of those on Earth.
wink.gif
laugh.gif
Watch your damn mouth.

laugh.gif
Least i left out ugly, I was bein nice.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

They don't have a ton of talent they can give up right away, but they have a couple contracts they can give up that end after this season, they have future picks that could work, wouldn't Westbrook, Green, Durant, Boozer, Kristic work out nice, with Harden, Collison, Sefolosha off the bench?

They don't have to give up the best picks, just one or two, make them lottery protected, Utah gotta be lookin to move Booz for 50 cents on the dollar, so they can keep Milsap, OKC need to get on this.
OKC doesnt need to give much away, they have cap space so they can absorb his contract. Im pretty sure they havent signed anyone yet right? they were supposed to go after millsap or lee.

They don't, that's why I wish our stupid FO would go ahead and absorb his damn contract for one year. I can't believe they would rather takeRandolph for two years than Boozer for one year. Boozer would be the better option long term anyways, so I would look to extend him after this season.

Heisley/Wallace
mad.gif

Magic will retain Gortat. They matched the full MLE offer from Dallas.

An NBA source has told the Orlando Sentinel that the Orlando Magic will match the five-year, $34-million offer sheet extended by the Dallas Mavericks to MarcinGortat and thus retain him. The team would not be able to trade him until Dec. 15, at the earliest, if that's what the team wants to do.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-magic-retain-marcin-gortat-071309,0,2845810.story

Orlando is spending.

Originally Posted by TheRav4

An NBA source has told the Orlando Sentinel that the Orlando Magic will match the five-year, $34-million offer sheet extended by the Dallas Mavericks to Marcin Gortat and thus retain him. The team would not be able to trade him until Dec. 15, at the earliest, if that's what the team wants to do.

http://www.orlandosentine...t-071309,0,2845810.story

Orlando is spending.
roll.gif
@ Orlando paying double for Gortat and

roll.gif
@ Dallas having to re-up the old tank in Dampier in the starting lineup.

In all honesty, I didn't think Orlando was going to officially match either.

Japan boutta type til his fingers bleed.

Good move by Orlando regardless. Overspent, no doubt, but they have to have a semblence of bench and protect Howard in case injury.

An NBA source has told the Orlando Sentinel that the Orlando Magic will match the five-year, $34-million offer sheet extended by the Dallas Mavericks to Marcin Gortat and thus retain him. The team would not be able to trade him until Dec. 15, at the earliest, if that's what the team wants to do.

Orlando is spending.
Just heard this. FOOLISH!

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

OKC doesnt need to give much away, they have cap space so they can absorb his contract. Im pretty sure they havent signed anyone yet right? they were supposed to go after millsap or lee.

They don't, that's why I wish our stupid FO would go ahead and absorb his damn contract for one year. I can't believe they would rather take Randolph for two years than Boozer for one year. Boozer would be the better option long term anyways, so I would look to extend him after this season.

Heisley/Wallace
mad.gif

Even if the Jazz is trying to trade Boozer, I'm sure they're not just willing to give him away. I'm sure the Jazz would ask for a lot more than Q.Rich for Boozer.

ahh that sucks for the mavs,i hate dampier.
the heat would be real contenders if they got boozer.
oh and yea pargo looks exactly like cudi.lol.
any iverson news??
any odom news??

Orlando is spending.

eek.gif
eek.gif
They better play this dude this year for all the money they're about to givehim

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

They don't, that's why I wish our stupid FO would go ahead and absorb his damn contract for one year. I can't believe they would rather take Randolph for two years than Boozer for one year. Boozer would be the better option long term anyways, so I would look to extend him after this season.

Heisley/Wallace
mad.gif

Even if the Jazz is trying to trade Boozer, I'm sure they're not just willing to give him away. I'm sure the Jazz would ask for a lot more than Q. Rich for Boozer.

Well in that case they don't want to get rid of Boozer. Utah doesn't need more players on expiring cap space costing them money. If they were willingto keep that salary they wouldn't even be entertaining the thought of trading Boozer. Think about it. He's off the books NEXT year.

The savings is the driver for them. Not getting players as compensation for Boozer.

We can offer them that or possibly OKC. Outright. Now, if Utah isn't looking to get cap relief that's a different story so I wouldn't be surprisedto see Boozer go in a deal similar to what Pau was traded for a while ago.

As far as a prospect, if they did want one, If I thought we could re-sign Boozer (because he'd be inclined to take the most money from us) I'd offerDarrell Arthur. Nothing more.

guess with shaq going to the cavs and sheed going to boston magic want to have extra bigmen, and gortat could be trade bait in a year or 2

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

ahh that sucks for the mavs,i hate dampier.
the heat would be real contenders if they got boozer.
oh and yea pargo looks exactly like cudi.lol.
any iverson news??
any odom news??

Contenders for what?
ohwell.gif

Div1, the point is, a team can offer Utah a 6 pack of nothing, the Jazz would get to keep Milsap. In effect, any team that deals with the Jazz is basiacallyoffering them Milsap, that's the point. They wouldn't give away Boozer for nothing, but they would give him away for nothing to keep their own guy.

Now sure, they'd like to get a little extra from a team, picks, a player or two, whatever. But if Booz ain't in their plans, and they're gonnalose him for nothin next year anyways, and it could keep them from getting Milsap back, then yeah, I'm pretty sure they'd move him for just aboutanything at this point. Thing is, it doesn't have to be this week, it just has to be before the start of the season chemistry wise, or by the deadline,money wise.

Back
Top Bottom