NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

guess with shaq going to the cavs and sheed going to boston magic want to have extra bigmen, and gortat could be trade bait in a year or 2
Great point.

Howard, Gortat, and Bass should be enough to cover everybody.

Yep, Orlando ends up taking Bass away from Dallas, and prevents Gortat from going to Dallas. Even with Damp starting games, they will probably play alot ofgames with the front court of Howard/Marion/Dirk.

the jazz wont just give boozer away tho, look at the rumors of players getting back to the pistons for rip or in that 3 team deal was Thomas($*%! loads oftalent but clueless at times)

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

the jazz wont just give boozer away tho, look at the rumors of players getting back to the pistons for rip or in that 3 team deal was Thomas($*%! loads of talent but clueless at times)
Rip makes too much, never got what the point of that deal was, but Thomas for Booz? Obviously that is a move just to keep Milsap,and they add ayoung guy like I said. Wouldn't Thomas be considered 50 cents on the dollar for Boozer?

OKC could offer one or 2 contracts that die after this year, maybe a first rounder outside the top 10 or whatever, and that should be enough. imo Everybodywould win in that deal

JA
nerd.gif

I think Utah just wants to dump Boozer asap, if they can get back some talent on cheap contracts they'll be happy.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Denver takes back #3 spot on paper overall out West IMO

With Gortat in DAL I had them tied with DEN on paper

What's your top 5(in order) looking like for both conferences?

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

CV said on twitter that a big move is coming for Detroit after the Denver deal that happened today
nerd.gif

Hopefully its to get a damn center.
hopefully its for eddy curry
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

Defense would still suck, but a solid pickup especially with Curry losing weight.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

CV said on twitter that a big move is coming for Detroit after the Denver deal that happened today
nerd.gif

pimp.gif
Mavs will send you Damp for RIP or Tayshaun.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

bhzmafia14 wrote:

Mateen Cleaves wrote:

nerd.gif

pimp.gif

Mavs will send you Damp for RIP or Tayshaun.

if we trade damp, its def. not going to be for players of that caliber.

nerd.gif

hmm....I know they & Chicago were the 2 teams in discussions for Boozer last week, but Bucher said it wasnt nothing was coming out of that. Got my fingerscrossed...

and Orlando looking good right now....Seems they are moving more towards being able to put more traditional lineups on the court, and they still got the optionto put 4 shooters on the floor. I really like they roster. Depends on what VC can bring, but I think they'll be more dangerous next year.

Orlando is not playing this off-season, they got a taste of the championship and they are doing everything they can to remain contenders. With all theirsignings, they must have tied up their salary cap for years to come. It's cool that they're in "win now" mode getting that close to thechampionship. They don't want to be like those other teams who makes it to the finals only 1 year and they fall of big time.

If the Pistons turned down Boozer for Prince, I don't see how they would do a Dampier for RIP or Prince.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Orlando is not playing this off-season, they got a taste of the championship and they are doing everything they can to remain contenders. With all their signings, they must have tied up their salary cap for years to come. It's cool that they're in "win now" mode getting that close to the championship. They don't want to be like those other teams who makes it to the finals only 1 year and they fall of big time.

If the Pistons turned down Boozer for Prince, I don't see how they would do a Dampier for RIP or Prince.
laugh.gif
Maybe not Prince for those two, but I wouldn't be suprised if they traded Rip for Boozer or even Damp (plus 2nd rounders or filler).Hamilton's contract is ugly, and with the big signing of Ben Gordon and the 2010 FA coming up, I don't see why they would want to keep Rip now. Ifeither Booz or Damp don't work out they are both expiring (Damp's 2011 salary is not guaranteed).

This sucks..
laugh.gif

And we can't get Gortat for a full-year because of some trade clause.

Oh well, we have our MLE back.

Trade for Kaman/Camby I suppose, I still don't want Dampier being our starter.

Oh well, can't cry over spilled milk.

(I'm more upset that we lost Bass and didn't really get anything in his place (other than Marion, but those are two different kind of players).

It's all good though, interesting to see how we spend our MLE now, split between someone like Marquis Daniels, or Josh Childress, and another C?

Otis Smith just made our FO look ******ed though, let them get a trade exception, signed our other free agent, and took back the only player we wanted.
laugh.gif

Much as I don't want to say this, does Dallas look at Odom for any reason?

If they intend on playing small ball and using Dirk in situations at the C, wouldn't Odom work out at the 4 spot?

Not saying I want this to happen, but JA mentioned havin the MLE back, but can they use it on now? Not much out there still other then Lee.

I read somewhere, maybe cbssports.com that the Jazz, as is, is already over the tax threshold even if they let Millsap walk. But, they're in better shapethan a lot of ballclubs, as they have the money to pay the tax and then some. Like matching Millsap's offer and paying him his I think 5M signing bonus offthe bat.

Supposedly they want Beasley in a Miami deal.

Orlando is stacked, and because being in the Finals, I guess they have the revenue to help pay the tax.

Of course we can still use it,
laugh.gif

It won't be on Odom though, I can almost guarantee it. It would be a dumb move to even GO AFTER Odom. We just got Marion, we have no reason to have anotherhybrid forward.

Honestly, I see us making a latch ditch effort at someone like Glen Davis, Josh Childress, Mikki Moore with our LLE, Joe Smith, Rasho, Marquis, Wilcox, DrewGooden, etc.

I'd be satisfied with us splitting the MLE with someone like Wilcox and Marquis, or Glen Davis and Josh Childress.

I think that we re-sign Ryan Hollins now though.

And Singleton is almost a sure bet to come back to the Mavericks.

As far as trades go, I think Okafor, Camby, and Kaman is on our list.

Back
Top Bottom